• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Never Have, Never Will...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm pretty confident that I'll never smoke or do drugs. I'll stand by my 'I never have, never will...' phrase for those two things.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I only say "I never will" or "never have, never will" when I'm joking about something, because the reality is, I don't know that I will never do a certain thing, such as do drugs or kill someone. I'll do all I can to avoid using drugs (heroin/cocaine etc) but there may be a time in my life where there is a temptation to use them, and I may give in.
    I just don't know.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'll never smoke a cigarette. I know that because I have health conditions that could probably kill me if I tried, plus I'd rather not tarnish my lungs with something so foul. I'm also highly against the tobacco industry, so I'd be supporting something I'm against if I were to smoke one.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I fall in line with Scarf's viewpoint on this issue. I've done stuff that I originally said I 'never would', I might do stuff in the future that I've said I 'never would' but I don't really intend to... if that makes sense. People change, situations differ, who knows what's going to happen in the future?

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I'm not ever going to do drugs. I have the will power to stay away from it. That's how I know, I know it's bad and I shouldn't do it so it's not hard to keep me away.

This is how it is on most stuff as well. I usually say "never have, never will" on something that I know is bad and leads to nothing good, such as drugs.

Centiflora X

Thread Killer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2011
    My willpower is good enough to make me keep promises to myself to never take drugs, smoke and drink alcohol. Gambling too, but that's more of "No way, it's (near) impossible to win" than "I won't do it".

Years
    This is two days late now. Day and a half. Whatever. Fail mod is fail regardless. :( But better late than never?

Congrats, this is Poll of the Week!

*stickies*

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    There are some things that I've said I would never do but I have done. But I said I would never do those things when I was a misinformed sheltered child with an idealized view of the world. Once I actually learned a few things about life, those "never will I..." became "Okay, I will, and it's not so bad."

Still, there are things that I said I would never do and I know I will never do them. Like drinking alcoholic drinks, even though I'm nearly four years over the legal age limit where I live. But with that, I said I would never do it because it's "bad." Now I'll never do it because of health reasons and a few other personal reasons.

This really reminds me of a "bingo" I hear directed towards childfree people: "You'll change your mind about having children when you're older!" For some people who say that, there's never any limit to how old someone can be and still be firm in their decision. Like how old does someone have to be before they know for sure that they'll never do *insert thing here*?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    When someone says "I will never _______" they don't literally mean it will never happen. What they mean is that it is something that goes against something fundamental to their views and their image of themselves at that moment, and that they wish it would never happen. It's a kind of reinforcing mantra, a kind of positive reinforcement.

So like with me. I say things like "I will never smoke" and "I will never get drunk" because I don't want to do these things and if I didn't try to take a firm stance I think my ability to resist temptation wouldn't be as strong and I'd loose respect for myself.
    I really don't think I could put what I want to say any better than Scarf has already said it. Yeah, sure, I really have no idea if I will in the future or not because I don't know the future. But when I do say something along the lines of this, it's less of a "pssh I'll NEVER do a thing like that" but more like "I don't want to do that because I know the consequences and I'll try to do everything in my power to not do it". That's my perspective, anyway. I don't want to drink in college, so I won't. Will I end up drinking at some point? Maybe. But that doesn't change the fact that I don't want to, especially considering that my family has a history of alcohol problems.

I guess more or less I don't have a reason why I say things like that aside from the fact that I simply do not want to do them.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I can't say that there's anything I've ever said I'd "never do" and ended up doing, although I used to say I'll "never have children" and now I feel that I would like to have a family someday.

I still hold to the statements that I'll never smoke or do drugs. It's just not even in my personality to do things like that that don't make sense on any level, and I'm immune to peer pressure. I only do (or don't do) things if it's what I want. I can't say I will never drink, but I certainly don't see a reason for it for me personally. It's not like it's a mandatory life experience or anything. Also, for the record, I'm above the drinking age and am saying this.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I know that I'll never drink alcohol and take drugs or smoke because a) my mom will never let me b) they taste weird (I've never smoked or took drugs I'm just saying that alcohol tastes weird o.o) and c) I'm scared that I'd get addicted to them and end up dying in the streets or something.. :'D Idk but I just don't want to try any of them. :x

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I have never done anything harder than shrooms, and I NEVER will.

That's as far as I'm going, a bunch of bud, and some shrooms every once in a while.

Years
    I will never smoke. It disgusts me. Why do it anyway? You don't look cool if you do, your just killing your lungs and health. Me and smoking are never going to happen.

Back