• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Never Split The Party: A Fantasy RP (OOC + SU, Rated T)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
    Titus, Dona, Nona, and Rafiel have all been waiting for a response from Drode. Challenger's still around, but I don't know why he hasn't posted in a while. OG_Haunter's approaching a month MIA, pknight hasn't been around in 2 whole months, and LuxrayHacker never made a single post. If you were to remove LuxrayHacker and let Hackenfall Backslash in, do you think we could continue with 5 players?

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
    Titus, Dona, Nona, and Rafiel have all been waiting for a response from Drode. Challenger's still around, but I don't know why he hasn't posted in a while. OG_Haunter's approaching a month MIA, pknight hasn't been around in 2 whole months, and LuxrayHacker never made a single post. If you were to remove LuxrayHacker and let Hackenfall Backslash in, do you think we could continue with 5 players?

Well, if you remember...

But wait (probably should have told you guys this sooner) but Luxray PMed me, saying that he has to back out of this RP because of "family issues". He didn't tell me what was goin' on, but I'm guessing something bad happened.
    I.E., he quit.

He sent me a message telling me that he had to quit, like, straight off the freaking starting gun. And, as the quote above from page god-knows-when shows, I actually told you guys about this. So, if Hacken could send me an SU, that would be awesome.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
    Sorry, I forgot about LuxrayHacker leaving. Probably because you had told Hackenfall Backslash all the spots were filled not too long ago as well as the fact that he's still on the players list.

Either way, I'm hoping that we can get things started again once Hackenfall Backslash's SU is in.

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
    Sorry, I forgot about LuxrayHacker leaving. Probably because you had told Hackenfall Backslash all the spots were filled not too long ago as well as the fact that he's still on the players list.

Either way, I'm hoping that we can get things started again once Hackenfall Backslash's SU is in.

Lol, I forgot too. XD.
    Seriously though, we do need to get this back in order.

Hackenfall Backslash

The weirdest mofo you'll ever meet . . . seriously
    Years
    Hack is in. Confirmed! I'm going to be playing Dark S- I mean, Never Split the Party! I like that our characters can die. Challenge accepted! I wonder what Boromir has to say about this RP.

Never Split The Party: A Fantasy RP (OOC + SU, Rated T)

Aw, shut up ya Nickelback reject. Your ass died in that film, no? And in the end, the gang simply walked into Mordor anyway. Plus, the party was split earlier in the RP. Granted, they were an official party yet, as they hadn't 100% accepted the Quest to End All Quests at the time the zombies attacked, but it happened. Guess what? No one died. So uh . . . yeah. Looks like we should listen to another background character that the film tries to make more significant than they actually are. Hey Sam! Lemme talk to ya for a second. Oh yeah. My character is in the spoiler tags.

Spoiler:

Hackenfall Backslash

Years
    That rule that says: "I am not afraid to kill you. If you need help making a new character, I will help you" is misleading then. It makes it seem as though there is a Dark Souls aspect to the game, rather than a spanking for breaking the rules. For the sake of posterity, give me an example of scenarios 1 and 3.

1. How does one get kicked from the RP?
    3. How does one do something "really, really stupid"?

Edit: This also suggests that there is no real consequence to splitting the party. Our characters don't know that, of course (metagaming), but if they were to somehow have IC reasons for splitting up, there isn't any challenge or danger of them getting murc'd.

Last edited:

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Well, it is still possible to die, duh. But, since we are all bad***es, chances of that are slim, plus we have a healer (being me due to the fact that i think PK left PC)

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Dude, Dark Souls is a freaking nightmare, first darn level and you die

Also something stupid is probably breaking one of the rules

Hackenfall Backslash

Years
    Dude, Dark Souls is a freaking nightmare, first darn level and you die

Also something stupid is probably breaking one of the rules
    1. I'm aware of Dark Souls. Notice I referenced it in my sign-up. I really don't need you to parrot what I already said. I know how the game works.

2. No offence, but you're not the GM of the RP. I was asking Nidoking, not you. Not to be rude, but him, being the GM, has a binding word on the rules. If you were, say, a moderator or something, you might have some pull. You should refrain from speaking for the GM in the future and let him/her answer questions about their RPs.

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Well, just Saiyen, no need to get like that. Also note how i said Probably

Also Nido, i sent challenger a VM to see if he still in, not sure when/if he will get back to me

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
    1. I'm aware of Dark Souls. Notice I referenced it in my sign-up. I really don't need you to parrot what I already said. I know how the game works.

2. No offence, but you're not the GM of the RP. I was asking Nidoking, not you. Not to be rude, but him, being the GM, has a binding word on the rules. If you were, say, a moderator or something, you might have some pull. You should refrain from speaking for the GM in the future and let him/her answer questions about their RPs.

First, I think he was just expressing how terrifying he finds Dark Souls as opposed to explaining it to you, as it was pretty clear that you knew what it was. Second, I don't think there's anything wrong with someone who can properly answer a question answering it. The GM can always correct them after or elaborate on what they said if it didn't cover everything. Granted, this wasn't really a question we would know as it was a situation that hasn't come up yet. Different GMs have different standards when it comes to what gets you kicked out and what doesn't as well as what constitutes as "stupid". Also, I'm pretty sure the people actually participating in an RP and following the rules (ideally) would know more about those rules than the moderators who are busy with the RPC as a whole and expect the GMs to deal with matters involving their own rules, so they probably wouldn't bother learning all the rules of every RP.

TL;DR: Kinda harsh, dude.

Last edited:

Hackenfall Backslash

Years
    TL;DR: Kinda harsh, dude.
    I'm not sure why you bothered to reply. The issue was settled days ago. I'm not sure if you're trying to feel important or what, but there's a dedicated forum for feeling important at this link here. Otherwise, I'm unsure as to why you felt the need to comment when the issue was finished with. See, this is the problem with people today. Always have something to say. How about examining your own behaviour? I can easily point out something I felt, say, Nidoking did wrong. Like when that Judge Mandalor guy joined, Nidoking said his character wasn't creative enough. That Judge person got mad because they have autism (I guess that somehow relates to creativity), and he left. Whereupon, instead of being real and apologising, he says to the next person, "Don't do what Judge did". I have more examples, but my point stands without them.

Everyone can point the finger at other people. It takes integrity to point the finger at yourself. So rather than jump in and think you're getting a leg up on someone when you don't even have full awareness of what's going on, stop and ask yourself if you're informed enough to prattle on about something someone said. I don't need you telling me about GMs and being busy and such. I wasn't born yesterday. Don't try to bend things to suit your already-misinformed platform. I said, "You aren't the one running this". Nothing more, nothing less. Nidoking is running doo-doo here, so I'll be asking him about his rules. It would serve you well to, in the future, become informed before speaking on things. That is all.

Edit: Here is an example: You mentioned global/forum moderators. I meant co-GMs. As in game moderators. You didn't ask for clarification before you typed up your diatribe. Instead, you said, "Well I know what they meant so let me just type up some stuff!" Again, I was originally asking about the GM, not the community moderators. This is exactly why people should really keep their opinions to themselves unless they're fully informed. Of course GMs know more about the rules (more about the players, even) than community mods. It's not the global moderators' job(s) to babysit every single RP that is legitimised! It's their job to keep the RP section as whole running smoothly, while the GMs manager their sh!t.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
    Don't know where you're getting "days ago" from when it was yesterday morning. I was busy, and haven't had a chance to get to a computer until recently, otherwise I would have replied much sooner. Now, I have a lot to say about your surprisingly hypocritical response, but you're right that I probably would have been better off keeping my mouth shut which I'll happily do so now.

That aside, I am still looking forward to Luna's intro post and getting things going again.

Hackenfall Backslash

Years
    Nothing was hypocritical about it. You're now going down Ad Hominem Avenue, whilst trying to find a little nook to hide in to lick your wounds. Well no. That's not how it works, kid. Learn to read carefully before you respond. It's too easy. You simply read . . . then respond. It's not aerospace engineering.

As for any intro post, don't expect one from me anytime soon. I'm still scouting things out. I don't want you causing issues in-game (via metagaming). On the bright side, this'll give you enough time to ride someone's coattails in the debate forum! Hashtag feel important?

I'm not even sure I'll use my character at this point. Since it's confirmed you have reading troubles, I don't want my character to do something, only to have you get confused and accuse me of breaking the rules or something. You seem like the type. My character and I might stick around, but only because I gave Nidoking my word. I don't go back on a promise. However, that's still an iffy might, and the more distance between you and I the better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back