• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: New Alola forms

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • We don't have a pegasus, do we? It would definetley be a unique pokemon, something they should have done rather than giving three moles long hair.

I hate reading fan theories because I get so excited, then I remembered that instead of anything like those amazing designs we got this instead. Reality;((

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
    Years
  • I think a alolan Sentret and Furret are likely, since we got alolan ratata and raticate. I can definely see them becoming fairy and normal type. Might as well get a buffed defense and get the fluffy ability, maybe even cotton guard?

Years
  • We don't have a pegasus, do we? It would definetley be a unique pokemon, something they should have done rather than giving three moles long hair.

I am pretty sure we don't have one yet. Definitely agree that it would be unique and I'd love to see another Pokemon with the Fairy/Flying combination alongside the Togepi line.

Anyways, speaking of Alolan Forms there has been a leak floating around of a Alolan Form of Swinub and Piloswine, but I'm likely betting on it as fake since Mamoswine wasn't included and not counting the final evolution wouldn't make sense here.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am also pretty sure the Swinub one is fake. I don't see why Mamoswine wouldn't be included. Most leaks seem to forget about them or something.

Having an Alolan Coconut pokemon would be awesome, especially since we got shafted with Exeggecute not getting one, which really annoyed me. Same with Cubone. We had 18, they could have added 2 more.

Years
  • Having an Alolan Coconut pokemon would be awesome, especially since we got shafted with Exeggecute not getting one, which really annoyed me. Same with Cubone. We had 18, they could have added 2 more.

That reminds me, a coconut-based Alola Form is something I could see happening with the Pineco or Ferroseed lines. Both weren't in the original Alola Dex either.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • After reading some of these, people seem to think that Johto has used up a lot of their pokemon for Alolans. But after I went through the list, there is actually a ton of pokemon left they could use. I am not going to list starters for obvious reasons. Also not going to list baby pokemon, but maybe the last stage of them. Also not going to include Unknown or Legendary Pokemon in this.

Sentret and Furret
    Hoothoot and Noctowl
    Natu and Xatu
    Bellossom
    Hoppip, Skiploom, and Jumpluff
    Sudowoodo
    Aipom and Ambipom
    Sunkern and Sunflora
    Yanma and Yanmega
    Wooper and Quagsire
    Wobbuffet
    Girafarig
    Pineco and Forretress
    Dunsparce
    Gligor and Gliscor
    Qwilfish
    Shuckle
    Remoraid and Octillery
    Teddiursa and Ursaring
    Slugma and Magcargo
    Mantine
    Phanpy and Donphan
    Stantler
    Hitmontop

None of these pokemon make any type of appearance. Almsot every single Johto pokemon made no appearance. We know Pokemon has been using Pokemon Go as a promotion tool for TCG. It would be the perfect time to give Johto pokemon some new looks. Even though a lot of them have evolutions in Sinnoh, I don't think we should count them out just because of that. Megas I think are ones we need to count out though.

Also, I saw a suggestion by someone on here and I saw a leak, but the leak was probably fake, but a Ice Type Stantler would be amazing. Especially when it has been dubbed Santa's Reindeer in the anime.

Most of all Johto pokemon would be perfect for Alola.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    After reading some of these, people seem to think that Johto has used up a lot of their pokemon for Alolans. But after I went through the list, there is actually a ton of pokemon left they could use. I am not going to list starters for obvious reasons. Also not going to list baby pokemon, but maybe the last stage of them. Also not going to include Unknown or Legendary Pokemon in this.

Sentret and Furret
    Hoothoot and Noctowl
    Natu and Xatu
    Mareep, Flaffy, and Ampharos
    Bellossom
    Hoppip, Skiploom, and Jumpluff
    Sudowoodo
    Aipom and Ambipom
    Sunkern and Sunflora
    Yanma and Yanmega
    Wooper and Quagsire
    Wobbuffet
    Girafarig
    Pineco and Forretress
    Dunsparce
    Gligor and Gliscor
    Qwilfish
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Remoraid and Octillery
    Teddiursa and Ursaring
    Slugma and Magcargo
    Mantine
    Phanpy and Donphan
    Stantler
    Hitmontop

None of these pokemon make any type of appearance. Almsot every single Johto pokemon made no appearance. We know Pokemon has been using Pokemon Go as a promotion tool for TCG. It would be the perfect time to give Johto pokemon some new looks. Even though a lot of them have evolutions in Sinnoh, I don't think we should count them out just because of that. Megas I think are ones we need to count out though.

Also, I saw a suggestion by someone on here and I saw a leak, but the leak was probably fake, but a Ice Type Stantler would be amazing. Especially when it has been dubbed Santa's Reindeer in the anime.

Most of all Johto pokemon would be perfect for Alola.

Ampharos and Heracross already have Megas so they should be crossed off

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Alolan Umbreon and Espeon would be nice. Espeon could be a steel type like Solgaleo, and Umbreon could be a ghost type like Lunala. It might be good to have a steel type alolan espeon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Alolan Tyranitor!
    I want to see an Alolan Tyranitor in USUM who is more closer to Godzila then Kento Tyranitor.

Years
  • Alolan Tyranitor!
    I want to see an Alolan Tyranitor in USUM who is more closer to Godzila then Kento Tyranitor.

That reminds me, none of the pseudo-legend lines ever got an Alolan Form. However, considering Tyranitar has a Mega Evolution I am personally ruling it out.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Alolan gen 2 pokemon and/or the ability to get the gen 2 starters early in the game. I think some Alolan gen 4 pokemon would be awesome too, such as Shinx, Skuntank, Bidoof, Starly, etc

Years
  • Alolan gen 2 pokemon and/or the ability to get the gen 2 starters early in the game. I think some Alolan gen 4 pokemon would be awesome too, such as Shinx, Skuntank, Bidoof, Starly, etc

The Johto starters actually were catchable in S/M, via Island Scan. Sure it needed you to scan QR Codes, but at least they were there.

I do hope some Sinnoh Pokemon get Alola Forms or heck, just added to the new Alola Dex since there was a notable lack of evolution lines from that generation in S/M.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • The Johto starters actually were catchable in S/M, via Island Scan. Sure it needed you to scan QR Codes, but at least they were there.

I do hope some Sinnoh Pokemon get Alola Forms or heck, just added to the new Alola Dex since there was a notable lack of evolution lines from that generation in S/M.

I didnt know that. How early can you island scan in-game again? I guess that opens up great ways to get pokemon from other regions, although I still find it more interesting to acquire pokemon in the wild. But thats just me lol

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I didnt know that. How early can you island scan in-game again? I guess that opens up great ways to get pokemon from other regions, although I still find it more interesting to acquire pokemon in the wild. But thats just me lol

You can use Island Scan as soon as you get to Hau'oli City. It's unlocked at the same time as Festival Plaza, when you go to the Pokemon Center with Lillie.
    Chikorita is on Route 2, Cyndaquil on Route 3, and Totodile in Seaward Cave (accessible from Melemele Meadow).

You can get in-depth details here. :)

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    We are not getting an alolan version of eevee or it's evolutions. The normal forms exist in SM. Any pokemon with megas won't get one. Any pokemon previous found in SM won't get one apart from the ones that got some like sandslash.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • You can use Island Scan as soon as you get to Hau'oli City. It's unlocked at the same time as Festival Plaza, when you go to the Pokemon Center with Lillie.
    Chikorita is on Route 2, Cyndaquil on Route 3, and Totodile in Seaward Cave (accessible from Melemele Meadow).

You can get in-depth details here. :)

wow I didnt even touch island scan or festival plaza until post-game lol. thanks for the info!

Back