• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Astrological Signs 2011

Melody

Banned
    Years
    This new table is pure and utter crap. Pure and Utter CRAP!

I am Gemini. I answer to no other sign. I bet this is a stupid hoax. You simply cannot just arbitrarily change the dates of the Zodiac signs, and there IS NO ORGANIZATION who I recognize as expert enough to enforce it.

When an astrologer says the sun is in a certain sign, they're talking about the sign, the location relative to the equinox. They're not talking about the location of the constellations. "

In short, if you follow the Sidereal astrology, the Eastern branch, your sign may have shifted. (And most likely, no surprise to you at all: This news is hundreds of years old).

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Wait.. don't these new signs only apply to people born from 2009 onwards or something? (It might be 2010, i'm not sure), but i'm almost certain I read somewhere that the changes don't actually effect people born before the new signs came into place.

Not that it bothers me in the slightest, I don't take any notice of astrology/star signs and only recently found out that i'm a Libra (Or Virgo, depending lolz)

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Darn, I wanted the new snake sign.

Well before, since I was born Feb. 19th, some said I'm an Aquarius while others said Pisces.

Well at least now I know I'm a definite sign now, Aquarius, the one that matched me more anyways.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Noooooo

I'm now a Virgo ;-;
    COME BACK TO ME LIBRA

I'm totally not going to follow these new signs one bit
    /doesn't like change

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    No! I liked being the perfectionist Virgo that I am :( But I am turning slightly messier. *looks up Leos*

Oh it doesn't affect Westerners, yay! Come back to of Virgo baby!

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Ok. Now I'm confused. So apparently this change only applies to those Sidereal astrology (Eastern hemisphere), but the signs stay the same for those us who follow Zodiac or Western astrology. /So confused

https://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/has-your-horoscope-changed-2439951/

I read something like that too which I was very relieved to find. I tend to really follow my astrology sign so I was kind of in a panic when I first heard the news. Now that I have been reassured on the whole western zodiac is different from the eastern zodiac I can rest easy. :)

This website is a bit of a quicker read > https://www.necn.com/01/14/11/Exper.../landing_arts.html?blockID=391566&feedID=4214

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Not gonna change what I am though. I don't care about that new zodiac sign. Astrologers even said that the people who made that new zodiac sign just wanted some attention. I'm still a Libra, not gonna change.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    This is the time in my life in which I am happen to be in the west. While I'm sure it would be interesting to be a Taurus, I think I would like to stay as a Gemini. I'm not going to complain too much about this, since while it may be 'real', I'll simply continue to call myself what I've been calling myself for all these years.

I'll be like those people who still want to say Pluto is a planet. Even if I do end up in the East sometime in my life.

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
    Years
    No way.. I cannot be Aries! I've forever been Taurus, the dependable introvert! I am not a fiery extrovert, unfortunately. :/

Too lazy to really research it, but Western side is untouched..? That's a relief. However, I kinda find it silly to stick to a label at the end of the day, hehehe. ~w~

Years
    Nobody's signs have changed. The astrology we're all used to is based on the seasons rather than the stars so it doesn't change over time. It's a completely different astrological system which follows the gradual procession of the stars. Your sign would only change if you decided to adopt an entirely different astrological system and since I don't think anyone takes it that seriously in the first place there's no reason at all to worry.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My dad told me about this last night, and he said it only affected people born in 2009 and beyond. If I was to use the new zodiac now, my new sign is a Capricorn (my current one is Aquarius).

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    They cannot just change the astrology signs! no, no, no~ I was a pisces and now I am a aquarius? Hmph~

Years
    Seems I'm a gemini now, I never liked being Cancer, though.
    Apparently I get a cycle of junk signs for the next few zodiacs, getting Ophiucus would have been pretty rad.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Let me emphasize this from my last post:

When an astrologer says the sun is in a certain sign, they're talking about the sign, the location relative to the equinox. They're not talking about the location of the constellations. "

In short, if you follow the Sidereal astrology, the Eastern branch, your sign may have shifted. (And most likely, no surprise to you at all: This news is hundreds of years old).

This means if you follow the classic Western Zodiac, it doesn't apply.

Back