• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New 'cube Game

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    rins said:
    i am kinda iffy on cellshading. i LOVED windwaker's cell shaded graphics, but for a lot of new games it seems like cell shading is a cheap attempt to make the game look good. a lot of it seems just like a gimmick or something... anyway my fave style will always be sprites all the way (though any style can be great depending on the amount of time put into it; likewise sprites can look terrible (like thousand arms >.>))...

and i agree that the feeling of pokemon cant ever really be captured on a non-handheld system, but other feelings can be shown better i think... for example on a gamecube with its graphics capacity, you could really make each town and dungeon look fantastic. i think colloseum came close, but didnt fully use the gamecube's graphical potential.... i want to see huge expansive forests with detail and hidden items and stuff, deep ocean dives, and all kinds of cities from metropolises (metropoli? O_O) to tiny towns. thats something you cant get from a handheld pokemon game at least.

also they could probably add some optional mini games maybe?

Colosseum was a good effort overall, but the "shadow pokemon" thing didn't really do it for many pokemon fans.

Maye if Gamefreak worked on it by themselves, it might have been diffrent.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    That would definatly be nice to have XD, thats what Pokemon Colosseum was mostly missing when it was made. The storyline wasn't too bad, it was just really missing the freedom of wild pokemon.

Years
    They're going to make another game for the gamecube? maybe it'll be a collisseum sequel. But thats not fair. I dont have a gamecube anymore..it...died...in the flood my poor basement had *darn that weather!* and I havnt got one since...oh well..maybe it'll be something like a dance dance revolution pok?mon style XD

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
    i hope in this game you can like chose to be bad or good depending on how you treat your pokemon and like be able to by different clothes cause in the pokemon games how do the people get there freakin clothes there aint any malls or nothin!well any way like you should like be able to custimize the trainer and chose to be male or female(do the gamefreak people not know girls by gamecube games too!)well thats all i have to say for now

KARR

Master Nerd
    Years
    In Colo there is only one wild Pokemon, the Skarmory in the story mode intro.

And I do hope that the new game will have something to do with the past ones...

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    It would be cool to pick up a new storyline where Colosseum finished... but its alot better to just start fresh with a new game engine, and completely diffrent story.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    You do know (in Japan) there's THREE Stadium games, right?

And it's too early to really tell anything about this game. But the main character looks a bit like Yoh Asakura.

Back