• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New 'cube Game

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
  • In a recent thing (I forget if it was an interview or not), Shigeru Miyamato mentioned that a new Pokemon game was in development for the 'cube.

Whatcha think it's gonna be about?

I'm personally *hoping* for a 3D RPG - something that would really go over well. :)

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I really do hope that its a 3D RPG, pokemon fans came so close with Colosseum, but it wasn't like alot of people expected, I hope thats its not a "fun" pokemon game like Box and Channel was.

This time Nintendo: GET IT RIGHT! And listen to what fans want.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I agree, they had the perfect opertunity to make a proper pokemon RPG game (not that Colosseum was bad, it just was lacking), Ruby and Sapphire was still fresh for alot of fans, and proberly still is to some extent. Bnd the compadiblity between them could have been alot better.

But maybe seeing how Pearl and Diamond are going to be coming out for the DS, there might be some connection between the two, and the upcoming Gamecube game.

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    It could be Pok?mon Colosseum 2 for Diamond/Pearl, and maybe before that, they'll make an adapter for the DS, so you can use DP on the 'cube.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • I think ist going to be something like Stadium 2, with R/S/FR/LG/E Pok?mon.
    I dont think they'll port DS games to the GC.
    they'll make a new console for that too...

Master T

Ladies Man
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2007
    On seribii.com I saw some pics in their new update about the newest game, looks kinda like colloseum but the kid looks alot younger. And I guess a girl follows him around too.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I saw it too, its definatly using the same game engine as Colosseum and I just hope thats its not a sequal to it...

But maybe it won't be, so we all just have to hope for the best in the meantime.

Leo

www.unowncave.tk
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    the pics of the kid..
    looks like wes from Colosseum
    i expect this to be like a presequal of Colosseum
    and a story on how wes grown up!

Master T

Ladies Man
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2007
    Yea I wonder if they're gonna make another new region or have like a bigger part of Orre..... Cause Orre was just all deserty and not much there. But then again it looks like there is snow in the backgrounds and stuff. So maybe it isn't Orre, plus Wes has like gray hair not brown.

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
  • I hop you can choose to be a girl in this one
    New 'cube Game

Years
  • Well, here's the pics:
    New 'cube Game

New 'cube Game

New 'cube Game

Grrrrrrrrrr another game to waiting for (you no I can't wait for Pokemon games)

Anyway I hope it'll come soon at Europe (At least 2006, or I'll kill ninty).
    I think it'll not be like Colloseum (look at this guy's hand, he hasn't Snag Machine)
    Anyway like I'm always saying ANYTHING BUT POKEMON!

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • I hate the way people always compare Colosseum to the Stadium games, I don't want Nintendo to churn out game after game that plays exactly the same. I'm glad Colosseum broke the mould, cos there's a huge case of Megaman Syndrome (ie all games playing exactly the same, having roughly the same storyline etc) with the GBA games, so I'm happy to see something that was different for a Pokemon game.

Rant aside, I'll be keeping a close eye on this, I'm very interested in a full-3D Pokemon game, if they go the route of wild battles (instead of the barren Orre region), maybe we can see a lot of other new features in this, a mix between 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 battles, or maybe something completely unexpected? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Looks more like they're using the Colosseum game engine for this new game, from what I can make out of the screenshots. And Colosseum already has all 386 Pokemon rendered and animated attacks, etc, so there's not much to change if they go that route apart from a new story.

Carlito-san

Wooo! I'm from South Park!
    Years
  • Satoshi-kun said:
    Are you talking about the original 251? Do you think they need any more rendering to what they currently have? They use Stadium 2's rendering engine. And if you think they'll rerender 386 Pok?mon for this new game... it may go past their deadline.
    You know Stadium 1&2?They used the Stadium 1&2 pics for Colluesem.i think they should make new pics for them,instead of imposting the old ones.This game is supposedly not coming out for a while,that enogh time.

Years
  • It'll probably be another colosseum,and if not,probably a continuance of the Stadium series.Either would be great though.

Back