• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] New Eeveelutions?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • With UK being an area where dragons were huge in folklore and about knights slaying them, I think a Dragon Eeveelution should come out. But I would also like a Flying and Ground type Eevee as well. I am not sure Poison would match this time around, but Steel could.

I am hoping for at least 3, but likely we will only get 1 or 2.

LatchoDives23

Official Nicktoons Fan of the Boards
    Years
  • Dragon is most likely, since Dragon is the only special type that hasn't had an Eeveelution yet, and so far, the only those to get Eeveelutions were special types back in the Game Boy days. The games also seem to have a medieval theme, and dragons were a heavy influence in those days.

If not, I'd love to see a Fighting or Ghost type.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    Dragons are big in folklore everywhere, so the location cannot go by that. There is a Dragon face on the castle like place on the map, so there could be a good bit of dragon mojo for pokemon. If there is a dragon eeveelution, I just hope it is more cute and regal more so than haxorus.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Poison please!

New Eeveelutions?
    hah, I remember this little dude

I'm hoping it's likely we actually get an Eeveelution. Is it an accepted pattern yet that they introduce them in even numbered gens, with the exception of the originals being gen one? Bc that seems like a pattern and I'm going with it

Dragon is the last of the special types to be made into an Eeveelution, and it would fit the theme of the region as well as being a counterpart to Sylveon, since Sylveon is also the only Eeveelution to be introduced alone thus far

Either way, I'm always here for more Eeveelutions. As long as they're designed well, I don't mind what type(s) we get

Years
  • i believe there's a high chance to have a new eeveelution this gen. probably steel or dragon since that sort of fits galar

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    i would not be surprised if theres no new eeveeution.
    still, i wonder if the moves from lets go will be added so regular eevee has more of a purpose
    New Eeveelutions?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Dragon, if not, Bug, Steel, or Flying. Maybe Flying could be the first non legendary pure Flying.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • i would not be surprised if theres no new eeveeution.

Well this IS the 8 generation, we get new Eeveelutions in generations 4 & 6, so why not in generation 8?

As for the topic, i prefer the fighting and ghost type, but a bug and steel type can work too

blue

gucci
    Years
  • it'll probably happen. considering how there is a new eeveelution every other gen and there wasn't one last time then it'd make sense. i'd like to see either a poison or dragon type.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I think based off Galar Steel and Dragon are the most likely. Steel is obvious with Swords and Shields made of Steel and the emphasis on industry, I believe England has a lot of steel mines.

And I think Dragon because a lot of British folklore centers around knights and swords and big battles against dragons like in Arthurian legend.

This, plus the fact that either of those types has a specific relationship with the Fairy type and since Britain (which Galar is based on) and France (the inspiration for Kalos) were historical rivals, it'd make sense to have a new eeveelution that is either weak to or strong against Fairy types.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    So with new eeveelutions being topic, what color do you think we need?

Flareon - Redish Orange/Yellow
    Jolteon - Yellow
    Leafeon - Light yellow /Green
    Vaporeon - Aqua / Blue
    Glaceon - Light Blue / Blue
    Espeon - Light Purple
    Sylveon - Light Pink /Pink
    Umbreon - Black

I would either think Green or Red Dragon Eeveelution... White Steel Eeveelution.... Purple Poison or Ghost Eeveelution.. Red or Brown Ground Eeveelution... or White Flying Eeveelution!

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • So with new eeveelutions being topic, what color do you think we need?

Jolteon - Yellow
    Vaporeon - Aqua / Blue
    Espeon - Light Purple
    Umbreon - Black

I would either think Green or Red Dragon Eeveelution... White Steel Eeveelution.... Purple Poison or Ghost Eeveelution.. Red or Brown Ground Eeveelution... or White Flying Eeveelution!

It'd be cool if the Dragon Eeveelution was white, though - all mystical. *_* Y'know, like a Light Fury. Or, it could be white with blue-purple (like the color of the Dragon-Type icon) accents, so it contrasted with Sylveon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Chuck my support behind Dragon and Steel types, for reasons mostly already mentioned.
    They're thematically appropriate, what with dragons vs knights.
    Also Dragon is the last of the formerly-special-only types, and Steel is the last of the types added after gen one. Ties up a couple loose ends.

If we get a third, I'm split between Ghost and Poison.

I think three Eeveelutions might be too much to hope for, but it would make up for Sylveon being added solo in gen six.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • So with new eeveelutions being topic, what color do you think we need?

Jolteon - Yellow
    Vaporeon - Aqua / Blue
    Espeon - Light Purple
    Umbreon - Black

If we talk about fake eeveelutions as base

Ghost is black and blue in PARCH (LOL Parch :P ) and purple-blue in Pokemon Venotide
    Flying is light blue in Pokemon Venodite
    Fighting is blue tintish grey
    Steel is silver

Whim

king of weirdtropolis
    Years
  • Following the current pattern, probably we're going to have it. Chances are there's no new types too so probably is going to end up having one of the most appraised types we have, because they will try to make it popular from the very start - mainly Steel or Dragon. I'm hoping for something cool like a fast Special Rock-type or a defensive Poison-type, but eh, I don't think that's gonna happen

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Dragon, or just in case they surprise us, maybe Steel or Flying or something

So with new eeveelutions being topic, what color do you think we need?

Jolteon - Yellow
    Vaporeon - Aqua / Blue
    Espeon - Light Purple
    Umbreon - Black

With that in mind I think it would be pretty cool to have a dark red Dragon one. For other types I dunno.

Back