• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New fish in a big pond

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    Hey all,

I made a profile on this site several months back I believe so this may be a long time in the process. I have played these games since R/B/Y through Emerald then stopped until the current Gen. Must say the differences are vast not to mention the Pokemon.

I am hoping to find a group or something similar that is all about casual competitive battling. I do not believe I can sift through everything when it comes to the IVs and such to come out on a true competitive side. Not to mention I would rather cut out my natural tendency to compete and just battle for fun with people who just use their fave Pokemon, like myself.

Hoping to meet some new people, maybe create a few friendships, and have some fun.

P.s. my friend code is: 5343-9057-8999. I am not sure what my Safari is and would love someone to let me know. Let me know if you add me! Thanks

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Better late than never! Great to have you back officially, bud! Welcome to PC, and it's so great to meet you; you can call me Dragon if you want! My first name is 'Shawn', so, that's fine too! Anywho, kudos for starting off in the 3rd gen era! The 3rd gen era has pretty much my favourite pokemon games like Pokemon Emerald, and I adore on what they did for the Hoenn region; the music, the battles, and the tropical region in general is something to remember and adore, hehe. I do hope that you're enjoying the later pokemon games too. <33

I recommend that you visit the showdown server for the pokecommunity, where the Battle Center regulars who are into competitive pokemon generally hang out, and battle pokemon against each other! I too, am a regular on that serve, where I go by 'Aura Blackquill' so, if you decide to visit, you can pop in to say hi and stuff! I'd love to see you there! The Battle Center in general is really great if you want to discuss the competitive side on pokemon, where you can share some battle advice, as well as get some battle-related advice, and if you want to get your pokemon team rated, you can post your team there too. S'all good. (:

I do like using some of my favourite pokemon like Milotic, Roserade, and Togekiss myself in competitive battles if my team allows for it, and yeah, I agree that it's really fun to do! From that, wan definitely both learn a lot for the regulars on the battle serve and the battle center, y'know? Mmm, well anyways, nice to have you here, and it's great getting to know you! I do hope that you will have a lovely and fantastic time during your stay! If you have any questions, you can ask myself, or any other staff member you see around here~

I'd love to be great friends with you someday; feel free to send me a friend request! Hope we can chat again sooooon!~ :3

Years
  • Casual competitive battling is the most fun! I always love battling with friends during my journey, more so than using IVed Pokemon, since there are staple/common movesets and Pokemon you'd expect to see which makes it.. not as interesting. :(

Anyways, welcome back, Bolt! I'm sure you'll find plenty of people who would be more than happy to battle you as there are more casual battlers around than you'd think. I'm still working on my favorite teams in Pokemon X but am very excited for when I finally get there and can battle more often using my favorites. And if they hatch shiny then it'll be all the better, haha. /crosses fingers

Be sure to share your friend code with us in the Pokemon X & Y friend code sharing thread if you've not already. I'd let you know your safari but I'm low on 3DS friends list room ahh. Enjoy your time here! :D

Years
  • Hello and welcome back! Don't really remember you, but hey never hurts to meet new faces. I go by Hikamaru here, but you can call me Nichole if you want! I'll accept either since I'm known by both names here.

I started in 3rd Gen as well, although it was Ruby in my case. Hoenn was a memorable region among most old fans, due to its combination of scenery, music and Pokemon. And I'm sure you'll have fun with X and Y as well so I'm hoping you can get more friend safaris added which means access to potentially awesome Pokemon, and I'm sure someone can identify yours at the same time.

As Dragon said, you should visit both Battle Center and the Showdown server if you're here to learn about competitive battling. PC's battling community is pretty active so there's surely something awesome about it, and I do like how you love utilizing your faves to their best. If you do come on the Showdown server I'm usually under the name Hikamaru there as well, so yeah simple as.

I do hope I can chat with you and hopefully become friends since I do love welcoming new guys to PC, so feel free to stop by my profile whenever you want! I hope to see you around the forums and the server, and if you need help just ask any of the staff. Have fun!

- Hikamaru

Back