• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Game Corner - Hate Or Love it?

Do you Love or Hate it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yaoi

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I love them. Just got a Porygon a week ago.

You actually have to do some thinking instead of mindlessly pressing a button.

...Or, alternatively, just buying coins and not playing at all.

Amew

Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    Hey hey! It's minesweeper!
    ...I suck at minesweeper.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't like it. Math is not my best subject, and I play Pokemon to escape having to do math. Voltorb Flip might be an addicting game, but it's not for me. Personally, I would have liked to see another game in the Game Corner so that there's another option for me to waste time and earn coins.

There's also a problem with the inability to buy coins. In my Pearl game, I have an overabundance of money from battling that I can just simply buy whatever coins I need for whatever prize. Sure that's no fun either, but I greatly prefer pitting little furry creatures in matches to the death over gambling.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i admit it's addicting, but toooo time consuming and slow. how long do i have to play to get 10,000 coins for each TM? why not 1,000???

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    I miss the slot, even though I never did win much, it was an easy way to waste money.

Years
    Sucks that only Japan gets the slots this time around. Silly Euro uber Christians thinking that such an innocent little game teaches kids to gamble. Garbage. A least it's easy to figure out and win coins, though.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I HATE it with a passion, mostly because I'm lazy when playing Pokemon. Whenever I've had a hard day I like to get settled down with a Pokemon game and relax, the slots were cool because I could relax whilst playing them but this Voltorb game means I have to THINK or I don't win much. I'd rather not thanks, I work all day then come home to chill not fill my head with stupid mathematics.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    Price of TMs are too high.It should be reduced to 4000 as they were in 3rd generation.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    My opinion.

Pros:
    + You can't lose coins anymore.
    + It's fairly simple, and can be beaten with tactics

Cons:
    - You can't buy coins either, so saving up takes forever.
    - It's so empty in there now ;_;

- The ones in Goldy and Celadon are the same. The old games had different arcades D:
    - I don't think it has the rigth feeling to it. three old men in a room, and you, a child is supposed to sit alone and play the game.. The sign outside says something like "Playground for everyone" O_O
    New Game Corner - Hate Or Love it?
    >
    New Game Corner - Hate Or Love it?

Let's say I'm not the biggest fan.

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    I really hate Voltorb Flip. Can't figure that game out, even with a FAQ.
    I miss the RSE Game Corner. Especially the slots.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    I like the Voltorb Flip and I'd like to see it come back (along with some other strategic games) but WITH the slots in the game corner tooooo!

- I don't think it has the rigth feeling to it. three old men in a room, and you, a child is supposed to sit alone and play the game.. The sign outside says something like "Playground for everyone" O_O

It's a little creepy and reminds me of a Chess or Checkers parlour... or the lounge in a retirement home... old people playing a board game...

Last edited:

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    i thought the slots in the 3rd gene were to easy as long as u have clefary u win, i do like the new game but i agree that the tms are way to expensive and that u should be able to buy coins

Back