• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Game Corner - Hate Or Love it?

Do you Love or Hate it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShiShi

Shorts! <3
    Years
    At first Voltorb Flip really annoyed me, but after a while I got better at it. I even became a bit addicted to it! While it can be frustrating initially, it really just takes some practice and thought.

Esmas

General
    Years
    I hate hate hate hate hate the new Game Corner. Absolutely horrible, and boring. It only gets me mad, and I never have luck at these games.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    The higest level I've reached is two. :P I understand how the game works, but whenever it comes down to chance, a Voltorb appears...>.>

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
    I hate this stupid game. >.>

I've never liked the Game Corner, but when I'm bored, I try out the slots for the 123th time, fail, then spend all my cash on coins and spend it on prizes. :D

Now with this epic fail of a Game Corner, you have to earn the coins, not spend all you money on them and it's not fun earning the coins. >.>

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I don't like Voltorb Flip at all. It isn't because it's difficult that I detest it; it's just too time consuming. I wouldn't mind it being there if it were possible to buy coins like in the past.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
    I hate the fact that you can't exchange coins. =/ I never liked the games so I usually do exchange to get the TMs I want but for them to take that out is outright blasphemy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    I neither have the patience or the time to spend in the Game Corner, it takes up far too much time for little reward given that the items that are on offer for coins like TM Moves are like 2,000 and 4,000 coins each, The inability to buy coins is also a minus and the fact that there isn't a range of games, I wished they put equal amount of effort that they did into the Pokathalon and added a variety of games apart from the one.

GreenLanturn

Interior Crocodile Fraligatr
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    since i am good at minesweeper, i find it pretty simple

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    It's an absolute atrocity and it sucks. One game. No ability to buy coins. It's boring! I seem to remember the olg G/S/C games having like 4 games, or am I mistaken? Why did nintendo decide to just completely butcher the game corner over the years?

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
    It's an absolute atrocity and it sucks. One game. No ability to buy coins. It's boring! I seem to remember the olg G/S/C games having like 4 games, or am I mistaken? Why did nintendo decide to just completely butcher the game corner over the years?

Because Europe has a ban on gambaling.
    I don't see why we had to get ripped off though.

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
    I leik it. It's easy to win coins, and if you're worried about wasting teim, I don't see what business you have playing Pokemon. I don't like slots. I like the roulette okay, though. And I understand how parents would be upset if their child got addicted to gambling. I'd be upset. Online gambling doesn't ID, so he might have gone that route. But the youth nowadays is so easy influence. I'm not saying that they'll all start fapping when they hear the word 'Slot', but I think a good one percent could become addicted. I know that's not a lot. At all. But still, I'd rather think our youth not become addicted to gambling, while there are so many other things that might eventually corrupt them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I love it. It's easy, fun, and a great time killer. :D I racked up hoooours on my game just playing it when I got to Goldenrod.

I do agree that it'd be nice to be able to buy coins as well, but anything is better than the slots, imo. Those were always just stacked against you and I never saw the appeal. At least VF is based at least somewhat in skill (even if a lot of games come down to luck in the end).

bandgeek219

Germany for World Cup!!
    Years
    I hate it. I always seem to manage to lose with complete ease :/ I really just miss the slots where I could depend on luck or if that didn't work, buy my victory :P. I think there is something in the game that I'm missing or not understanding that is causing me to be a complete failure at it.

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
    I really like it.
    I can actually win!!!
    Haha, I sucked at slots. And even though you can't buy coins.. is it really that hard to get them by playing? Like... really. You don't need THAT many to buy a Dratini. If it was the amount that the TM's cost in previous game, I would be complaining.
    Once you get the hang of the game (with the math logic) then it is very simple. If you want to wait until Dragon's Den to get Dratini, then wait (especially if you want it to have ExtremeSpeed :))

Years
    Personally, I havent bothered to play the new game corner yet because I know I won't like it. I miss the old games in it.
    The guy sitting at the couch just seems like a sketchball, and I'm not even kidding. Ugh.

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
    As for this Voltorb Flip, we need to destroy it. I don't get it, how to play. The slots, I got. You just press A. Here it's math, and I don't like doing extra math. In fact, I never actually try at slots. I just battle, battle, and then buy a bunch of coins, and then a prize, but now I can't do that anymore.

Back