• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Game Corner - Hate Or Love it?

Do you Love or Hate it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    https://filetrip.net/f10211-Voltorb-Flip-Calculator-1-0-5.html

Now you love it :D

To use, you type in the numbers at the corresponding entrys at the side. Flip on the DS card corresponding to the card on ur pc with the least probability (smallest percentage). After you have flipped the card on DS, click on the pc card and confirm its value, then recalculate the probabilites...the program takes a while to get used to but I got to lvl 9 with it and got an Abra and Dratini in 15 mins :D.

Actually, screw my explanation. Its probs confusing.
    Watch this in HD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksWG1207hFs

@Knil: Course its not pure luck. Before I used this program I usually got to lvl 5. Its called brain power...but this program is called being resourceful :D

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I hate it to hell and back again, and it's all Europes and Jack Thompsons fault

-It's too hard, harder than Megaman 2 in my opinion
    -You can't buy coins
    -It's lame
    -You do not get much coins from it
    -It's too hard
    -It's pointless and stupid, they should have left the slots in, but no, thanks to our paranoid American society, thinking that the slots will turn our kids into criminals, we get this harder than Megaman 2 game......
    -Did I mention how hard it is?

You know, knowing our ROM hacking community, I am suprised nobody here has made a patch to put the old game corner with the slots back in........

I miss the old classic game corner!! What the heck is this new one?!?! It just isn't fair that the Japanese game got to keep the original.

Cause Americans are butts about EVERYTHING, they complain about this, complain about that, they want everything to be their way

I hate the new game corner, it has become so boring....................... takes the fun out of the game corner......

Does'nt everyone, thank our idiotic Americans..........

I miss buying coins...it gave me motivation to battle and earn money. I hate Mr Game...

But I know his real name, JACK THOMPSON!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    I think it's weird that there's only one game you can play. They took away the slots but they could have added something else. I like Voltorb Flip, though. I play it sometimes because it's challenging and entertaining, not for the points because it takes forever to rack up the points to buy things.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2024
    I hate Voltorb Flip less for what it is, than for the gutless censorship I feel it represents. That said, it IS rather addictive.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I liked Voltorb Flip because it was a game where you actually had to think and not rely on pure luck to get coins. It was awfully addicting and it took me hours to figure out, but I eventually got a Dratini from there. xD

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • I only dislike it because I couldn't buy coins anymore. :( I actually do like it, because it isn't purely luck like the slots though, and it's actually like an easier version of Sudoku. :D But everything has its own pros and cons. I actually have to say that I don't have a definite opinion yet. Only bad thing, I can't accumulate enough coins. :/

Aniris

Pm me if you want to trade! :)
    Years
  • I really like voltorb flip! :) Before this game I never visited the gamecorner, but now I turn on my ds to play it. highly addictive!

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    anyone who remembers the g/s/c days would hate it, because there used to be 2 game corner games, i think the other game was similar to voltorb flip. and the game corner isn't even a freakin game corner, its just a house with some creep waiting for you at a table

Years
  • Personally I Love it! it gives me more to do instead of just buy coins and waste money you know... its way more fun then the button mashing of the slots haha it also gives my girlfriend a chance to play for me when im a second away from throwing my ds haha :-D

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
  • In the old games.
    I played the Roulet game more often than the slots.

I found Voltorb Flip like sudoku.
    Boring and uses math.

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
    Years
  • The new game corner absolutely disgusts me. Not only do I hate the fact that I can't buy coins anymore, I also hate that fact that there's only one incredibly irritating game that takes 100% luck. You barely even get 10 coins for winning. To top it all off, a sweaty guy on the couch across from you is watching your every move. Ok, scratch that last part (that guy does annoy me though).

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    what i want to know is what is so bad about a slot machine. super mario bros 2 (usa version) had it...but seriously, pokemon battles (dog fighting), and trading (animal trafficking) and they want to pick out slot machines?

"AHHH OMG THIZ SZLOT MACHINE WILL TURN MY K1D5SZ$ INTO AL CAPONE"

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I personally hate the new game corner. Their's only one game, and you can no longer buy coins. I also want to see how many of you like it. I miss the slots :(
    Yeah, that's the reason why I hated it. I was never good at Game Corner games to begin with, but to fuse it with maths!? I love those times where Clefairy was pointing at the red moon and you don't know what that means, at least you get coins.

Years
  • I found it alright. I just hate the grinding aspect of it since there is no way to buy coins now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    HATE HATE HATE. How am I supposed to get a Dratini by playing Minesweeper for 3 hours straight? xP

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • The new game corner absolutely disgusts me. Not only do I hate the fact that I can't buy coins anymore, I also hate that fact that there's only one incredibly irritating game that takes 100% luck. You barely even get 10 coins for winning. To top it all off, a sweaty guy on the couch across from you is watching your every move. Ok, scratch that last part (that guy does annoy me though).
    Erm Voltorb flip is NOT pure luck...it requires thought.

Back