• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New generation announced??

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
Years
  • If they make me hate the new generation's fire-type starter like the past three I will hold Satoshi Tajiri-Oniwa hostage until they remake it into a much cooler one.

Years
  • OMG OMG OMG OMG A SUCCESSFUL SERIES OF GAMES IS GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER SEQUEL OMG THAT HAS ONLY HAPPENED LIKE 4 TIMES BEFORE OR MAYBE LIKE 20 BUT STILL OMG OMG OMG :D

... yeah. Cool news, I guess. The crazy speculations you people come up with are fun, so at least there's that.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Whoo, it's on the DS!

And there are new Pokemon!

Incredibubbly likely it's a new sequel type thingo like DP except now it's, I dunno, Sea/Ocean versions.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I pray that this won't be a DSi exclusive. I really don't wanna buy a DSi now...

Anyways, I hope the new starters are cute/cool.

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
  • Wow, HGSS and 5th generation on the ds!? 2010 is officially the most awesome year in recorded history.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't think that handheld consoles will get any more advanced other than upgraded DS's. Anyway, if it says it's to be released in late 2010, that's probably Japan. The US and all the other countries probably have to wait til the spring of 2011. Great, more things to wait on! Anyway, I'm not excited about it right now, but as the time comes closer and the Pokemon are shown, I'll be getting eager.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I hope there's cross generation trading like the time capsule, not just palpark.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • sigh more pokemon i hope its not alot...

i dont even know all the shinnohs

some one told me that the started of fire would be a panda...

but we shall see i wont be surprised

just no legenadaries is all i ask...

thats all i ask....

the game will just get over run with them

and plus they made a "God" pokemon...

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • Finally! Ohhhh yeaaahhhh!
    I'm acting like a kid half my age getting all excited but I can't help it. I've always been a Pokemon lover and I just can't wait to see what they come up with next! Like someone else said, I hope they don't overload it with legendary Pokes. There is already too many. But anyway I still can't wait!!

Years
  • You can't do a new generation without new legendaries. It just ain't right. Who would be the version mascots?
    I don't really see it as a huge problem. Only in competitive battling circles are they overused and even then it can be controlled by house rules agreed upon by the participants.
    Anyway, I think it best to stick with tradition. Give me a new legendary trio. Each region needs theirs so let's have it.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    There have been games where legendaries are not the version mascots so that's not required. It would nice to see evos for Pokemon who now aren't competitevely viable not useless pre-evos that are just for the lulz.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • You can't do a new generation without new legendaries. It just ain't right. Who would be the version mascots?
    I don't really see it as a huge problem. Only in competitive battling circles are they overused and even then it can be controlled by house rules agreed upon by the participants.
    Anyway, I think it best to stick with tradition. Give me a new legendary trio. Each region needs theirs so let's have it.

what about red blue green and yellow?

they had the the starters final evos and yellow had pikachu haha

i wouldnt mind if they re-do that...

i mean that artical did say something like a "rebirth of pokemon"

so the speculations are ENDLESS

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • It would be a huge disappointment if there was a low amount of new Pokemon or new legendaries. For the people who don't know all the current Pokemon, you don't have to. Whereas us that do, want new Pokemon.

As for the legendaries, what's wrong with a heap? They aren't hurting anyone. If you're worried about people that spam them, then they'd just be spamming old legendaries instead of new ones. There will be a lot more reduced sidequests in-game without legendaries and how would they make epic anime, manga and spin-off game boss battles?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • No. Read here= https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pokémon_RPG_Announced

It MIGHT be Generation 5, however it is in no way confirmed. It could be an RPG like Colosseum or XD, just on DS.
    Well it says on pokemon.jp and on the gamefreak blog that it'll be a main game, and further specified "a main game like, red, blue, green, yellow, gold, silver, crystal, sapphire, ruby, fire red, leaf green, emerald, diamond, pearl, platinum, hg, ss"

Pokéthan

I Do What Nintendon't
    Years
  • Big announcements in the March edition of CoroCoro, comes out on 15th Feb. And PokeMon Sunday which airs on 7th Feb may include some news too

Back