• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New generation announced??

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Well, I was definitely glad to see this news, as I was wondering when the new generation would start. But now we have this new game being developed by Game Freak, in addition to the new Pokemon in the movie being released in just over two weeks. =D

Though I have to agree with what both Serebii and Bulbagarden said, about the possibility that these 'new Pokemon' may just be new formes of the already existing 493. But after February 15th, we'll know for sure. ^^

Even without the launch of the fifth generation, 2010 is looking pretty epic game-wise. In late 2009, we got Zelda: Spirit Tracks and New Super Mario Bros Wii. And now in the new year, Zelda Wii has been announced for this fall, Metroid: Other M shall be coming out this year, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is being released as well, and of course we have HeartGold & SoulSilver coming out in a few weeks in North America. These last few years have been fairly dead video-game wise, so I'm glad that's finally changed in the new decade. ^_^

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I caught on to the names of the 1st two generations of pokemon quickly, the 3rd generation took a little more time, but i got it, and the 4th generation took even more time but I'm confident in every single Pokemon name, but now there's gonna be another 100 or so names to remember.

I'm excited anyway though :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    WOO! im so excited! and the feb coro coro is going to have "big news" probably revealing the first gen 5 pokemon! kfjeiwoaf i cant wait!

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I am very excited for this as are all of you but the reason i think it is on Ds is because the ds is a good system and would be hard to top

Ayselipera

Wow. Well if it's all true I feel like it's a little soon. It seems like Platinum just came out. o.O
    I'll still gladly welcome it into my collection though. :3

Years
    what about red blue green and yellow?

they had the the starters final evos and yellow had pikachu haha

i wouldnt mind if they re-do that...

i mean that artical did say something like a "rebirth of pokemon"

so the speculations are ENDLESS

This is what has been looming over me ever since the announcement. Do they mean the series will get a style/artistic change, like the shift from Johto to Hoenn? Are they going to make things like EVs and IVs visible, or shift the mechanics around? Are they actually going to do away with the 10+ year old battle system? Are they going to kill off the 8 badge, E4 tradition that everyone is getting tired of? Is it all a big bluff just to get people's attention?

It's killing me. ._.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Lol.yeah.I heard it will be in the 13th pokemon movie..
    Destiny deoxys had munchlax..so...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    This is what has been looming over me ever since the announcement. Do they mean the series will get a style/artistic change, like the shift from Johto to Hoenn? Are they going to make things like EVs and IVs visible, or shift the mechanics around? Are they actually going to do away with the 10+ year old battle system? Are they going to kill off the 8 badge, E4 tradition that everyone is getting tired of? Is it all a big bluff just to get people's attention?

It's killing me. ._.

I've been thinking about that too. Honestly, I hope this new game won't be so majorly different that it'll make me come back to these old gen games. That is of course, if it's a 5th gen series... which is looking to be what it is.

Years
    I've been thinking about that too. Honestly, I hope this new game won't be so majorly different that it'll make me come back to these old gen games. That is of course, if it's a 5th gen series... which is looking to be what it is.
    I feel the same way. I have a tendency to fear the worst, which right now for me is a real-time battle system in mainstream Pokemon games.

Something about it just scares me. :o

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    There are so many places that these new installments can go. Will there be a dramatic shift from the formula? Or only a few changes like always?

I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. Pokemon is probably the only Video Games series that turns me into an excited school girl whenever new information releases.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    If this isn't 5th generation, then I will realise that Nintendo lives on our tears and broken dreams.
    Of course, if this is the 5th generation, it will be pretty obvious. Why would you kill your cash cow?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Fearing the worst is a good thing Haha... but myabe they are planning on changing or adding in some new types, or not... since its being added on to the same console. Either way, its cant bee too different. They are obviously talking about to main titles and not a spin off duo.

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    OH NO.

New generation announced??

Gen V at this time of year? God, what has Masuda been smoking? It's too soon. Wait until 2012 when everyone's hopes are crumbling because of the 'world's fate.'

Still, it'd be awesome if all regions become downloadable onto this game. And I hope to see all kinds of Shellos and Gastrodon.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    2012 is too long away it's been long enough. DP will be 5 years old in september so that is long enough. Nearly every gen lasts 5 years. Hopefully no new types will be added as that would suck.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    There is most definetly a new Gen. that has beend confirmed by nintendo : Please scroll about halfway down its right under HG/SS https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/libr...100129/06.html

Of course, this totally new Pokémon title will include new fields of adventure and a number of new Pokémons living there. As a totally new version, it will contain various unprecedented experiences.

So yes we have a new gen. after 4 whole years.........................

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    While it's most likely to be a fifth generation, I haven't gotten my hopes high for anything yet. Without much confirmation on what it may be exactly, it still leaves room for a new spin off series for the franchise. Continuing it for the DS however, was a bit unexpected (even if it's a 5th Gen), but then again with the DS line still increasing in sales there isn't much further to do with the handheld as yet.

Inside, I know I'm thinking I hope it's a 5th Generation in the main series game, but we'll just have to wait overtime to see what comes out of this. Considering how quickly news and release of HG/SS approached us, I don't think it'll be too long for us to start getting into more detail into this.

Back