• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Gold/Silver Remakes!

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
    Yamichi said:
    Thanks for the wonderful comments guys! :D
    As I said, I will soon be working on a more graphic-oriented version of the Pok?gear, more similar to the Pok?nav of Ruby/Sapphire (except with more pictures :)) But, I'm taking a little break from it for a couple of days. But, if you have any ideas, like extras for the game that the originals didn't have, please post them here! :)

Here I've jotted down some ideas that I've had.
    1) TV's will have seperate channels, for example a Major Events channel, and may also use the same system as on RS (like the interviewing system).
    2) The Pok?gear will have more upgrades than on GS, some obtainable in Hoenn. It will support 6 upgrades in all, not including the 2 built in (calendar + phone).
    3) There will be a day/month/year system, and seasons will also have effects in game (i.e. snow, slightly darker + shorter days for winter), plus also effect the wild Pok?mon that appear. :)

Of course, it will be ages before I do most of these, as I intend to do the maps first, then the storyline-related events (i.e. TeamRocket, Gymleaders) and then I'll be working on these extra features. :P
    This game is so incredible! I just can't wait until I get it! Snow? WOW!

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Yep, the game will probably have snow in it (during winter), but it won't be done for a while, 'coz as I said stuff like seasons and weather effects won't be done until all the storyline-related events and maps have been done. But I'm working on them! I'm currently working on the Kanto maps. I'm doing all outside areas first, then I'll be doing all major buildings + their events. :) I've currently done all outside maps of Johto, and Routes 26-28 of Kanto as well as Saffron City.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Great! At least the progress of the maps is going well.
    Keep up the great work!~

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Hi y'all! I've updated my site with a screenie of Saffron City, so go over and check it out! Or you could just click here. Anyway, if you have any comments about how it should be changed, or anything, that's what this forum is for! n.n

Years
    Yamichi said:
    Hi y'all! I've updated my site with a screenie of Saffron City, so go over and check it out! Or you could just click here. Anyway, if you have any comments about how it should be changed, or anything, that's what this forum is for! n.n

Hey since your using my Hiro charset i'd suggest you head over to the resource thread and get the updated version, it has more detail and minor corrections, oh yeah and Saffron looks cool :)

Last edited:

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Thanks! Oh, and I've already downloaded the updated version. n.n
    I'm gonna be re-doing Goldenrod's Radio Tower + Train Station next, and will hopefully look more like Saffron's Train Station. :)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Looks awesome! However, the top left corner of the dojo is missing. I'm glad you've updated Yamichi, I was beginning to think you'd discontinued.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah, there's other parts missing, but that's coz I've put them on as events (so I could have another layer n.n), and the screenie is straight from RPG Maker, so it just appears as a boxed E in the screenie.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Neat screen, Yamichi! I'm hoping for a demo release soon!
    Don't rush it though.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    I probably won't have another demo for a while, I've just been working on the maps and the pok?gear since the last one and I haven't done much scripting. However, I hope to have another one out by the end of August with up to Goldenrod City done, but yeah, i'm not rushing it. Since I won't be adding in the CBS until the games actually finished, I'm not going to include any extra battles. The people will still be there, but if you talk to them, you automatically beat them. That way I can concentrate on the maps and the storyline first. n.n

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Sounds really promising Yamichi! I love how Saffron City turned out. There's only one question I have. Is the Pokemon Center suppose to have an extra "C" on the sign?

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Yep! That's the new Pok?mon Community Center. As I said in a previous post, they'll be one of these per region, each with fun new events! :)

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I kinda hoped you'd say that. Maps and events are more faster to get
    than any custom thing.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    I think the problem with RM2K games is ppl try to make the custom systems perfect and bail out on their games early due to frustration. People should start with maps and events to get some motivation. Kudos, Yamichi!

Years
    DarkMage31 said:
    I think the problem with RM2K games is ppl try to make the custom systems perfect and bail out on their games early due to frustration. People should start with maps and events to get some motivation. Kudos, Yamichi!

I like perfect systems, though nearly perfect systems do appeal to me, as long as they dont have MAJOR bugs, then i'm happy :)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Key word: try. It's for that very reason that ppl get frustrated and stop making it. Ah, the fun ppl miss out on making games. Yamichi is doing the right thing though.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Hey! I've got a new screenie for you - a beta shot of Goldenrod City's Train Station! I say it's only a beta shot because I feel the train could use a bit more work, since I just ripped the GSC one. n.n
    Anyways, I've also worked a bit more on Goldenrod itself, and once I've done how the Radio Tower looks from the outside I'll post a new screenie of Goldenrod. :)

Back