• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Gold/Silver Remakes!

Years
    The train looks good, but needs some shading.

I like how the game is progressing, keep it up, and as Phoenix said, it just keeps getting better ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Very impressive Yamichi! You keep coming up with new surprises!

Hey Avatar, is that a little hint from the master spriter himself? :D

The train looks good, but needs some shading.

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Thanks for the nice comments! n.n I'll be improving the train soon, after I've done Goldenrod's Radio Tower in my chipset.
    Anyway, I've finished the train transition sequence, but I need music to go with it. I can't import the one from the original games as a MIDI, 'coz my emulator isn't very nice to me and will only save as WAVs. :( Also, I can't seem to find one on the net (Yep, I have tried vgmusic.com before anyone suggests it). So, if anyone has one, or an alternative music that fits, can I ask you to post it up here please?

Years
    Yamichi said:
    Thanks for the nice comments! n.n I'll be improving the train soon, after I've done Goldenrod's Radio Tower in my chipset.
    Anyway, I've finished the train transition sequence, but I need music to go with it. I can't import the one from the original games as a MIDI, 'coz my emulator isn't very nice to me and will only save as WAVs. :( Also, I can't seem to find one on the net (Yep, I have tried vgmusic.com before anyone suggests it). So, if anyone has one, or an alternative music that fits, can I ask you to post it up here please?

Sorry dont know where you can get the midi file, but if you want you can get a .Wav to .MP3 converter, at gamingw.net, but thats your choice if you want midi instead of MP3

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah, I have a WAV-MP3 converter, but for some strange reason RPG Maker 2003 won't put the MP3's in the music list. O.o

Years
    Yamichi said:
    Yeah, I have a WAV-MP3 converter, but for some strange reason RPG Maker 2003 won't put the MP3's in the music list. O.o

That's wierd though, mine shows MP3s :confused:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, there's an MP3 patch for RM2K3 if you need it. I forgot the link though.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    That's probably why. Now I know I can search up for the patch. :) Thanks!
    Ooooh, and by the way, does anyone have a face-on pic of the Pok?gear? That would be really appreciated. n.n

-EDIT- :( I can't seem to find a working link to download any translated versions 1.05 or later... I know now that the mp3 feature was added in v.1.05 and after, and I've got v.1.04. :\ Could anyone possible give me a *working* link to any version 1.05 or later? Thanks in advance. n.n

Last edited:

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    I've been working on my pok?gear system recently and it's coming along nicely! So far, I've got the main menu and the radio to work, so I'll be working on the town map next. The radio also changes stations available depending on the region your in. n.n The graphics aren't brill just yet, but I'll be improving that after I've got the different screens to work.
    Anyway, I think I'll just keep with the current midi i have (uses the SS Aqua's tune, which fits in nicely) 'coz even if I did record from the GB and converted it to MP3, it would sound out of place with my other musics, since they're all midis (good ones too ;)).
    Also, I've been thinking about the 4 extra upgrades available in Hoenn/Rainbow Islands. Do these 2 sound good? - Portable TV + Mini-games. I've also been thinking about E-Mail, like on Colosseum, but I'm not sure yet.

Years
    Sounds pretty good, i'd definately like to see it in the game :)

Oh yeah I made a Kamon and Falkner charset, go grab them at the resource thread if you need them.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    They're cool! And I looked back a couple of posts there, and I got an idea! Instead of battling Red in Mt. Silver, there will be a 2-on-2 battle against Fire + Leaf! (I like using those names more, since 'Fire' looks quite a bit different to Red, and last time I checked Red wasn't a girl like 'Leaf' is, so to me they are seperate characters.) Anyway, I'm not sure what their team will be yet, but it will definately have Charizard + Venusaur. There will be also other nice 'secrets' that get unlocked as you progress further after the Johto League, as well as some nice extra storylines, not only in Hoenn/Rainbow Islands, but back in Johto too. :)

-EDIT- For those who haven't read my last post on page 15, I'm wanting some feedback on the ideas of Portable TV + Mini-game upgrades for the pok?gear. I also said that I may include e-mail, but i'm not sure yet.

Last edited:
    Years
    Well I might make all Johto gym leaders, but i'm not sure yet, it depends on which I need really.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    I think those are really great ideas Yamichi! I don't know if a email system is needed is you already have a telephone system working. I'm kind of confused. Are you adding Hoenn and the Rainbow Islands? If that's the case, I'll be even more excited about this game! This would have all the Gameboy Regions all in one game. It'll be great is you could add a badge case to the game to display all the badges from every region. I think that would be a nice addition!

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah, it will have Hoenn + Rainbow Islands in. :) It will take a while for these 2 be in, and they'll only be worked on after the Kanto release is done (which itself is quite a while away). Also, if you've been to my site since 10 minutes before I posted this, you'd notice I now have a BGM on my home page! :D Credit for this goes to Ryouta (not on this forum as far as I know). I also need some other ideas for Pokegear Upgrades, since even if I use all 3 ideas I have right now, I'd still need 1 more, as I can have 8 options total - 4 new ones + the 4 in the originals.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    I've started work on the actual Town Map system - and I've posted a screenie of it. I admit the Pok?gear in the background doesn't look like much yet, it still needs quite a bit of work. But, anyway, here's the screenie!

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
    I'm liking the looks of this game Yamichi. Keep up the great work! BTW, would you know how to enable the R/S Font in Rm2k3?

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    I actually don't know how to do that yet. :embarrass It's near the bottom of my ToDo list. The text in the pic is actually part of a pic file. :paranoid:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The map system looks really neat. hope you can expand on that.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    it looks a bit like my map system style, which I hope you wont see as a bad thing n.n. I really wanna play this game again with all the new features and progress you've made.

Back