• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Haruhi Season

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Well, we've pretty much all have been skeptical about most of the "new Haruhi Season" announcements. However, it seems that Haruhi has actually been updated with a new episode, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. Seeing as they're airing in chronological order, we shouldn't be expecting any more episodes for a few weeks, but it's nice to know that the new Haruhi season has been officially confirmed

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Psychic powers.

It was a very nice episode, even if a bit too fast paced. Comparatively speaking, it seemed very close to the novel. The new artstyle is... different, but still pretty- the characters look a lot more K-ONish, but that's something I can get used to. Background music was amazing, it really did stand out.

As for the new ED, hey, I liked it immediatly, unlike Hare Hare Yukai. That's a good sign.

mega-dark

In a alternate universe
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Huh?
    • Seen Sep 5, 2010
    Wow didn't see this coming. I though it was lie/trool just making this stuff up around last December. Well I have just been made a believer that there is a "legit" season 2 of Haruhi.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I'm so excited. I've been waiting for this for a looooong time. I'm watching the first episode the second it airs.

I'm especially excited to see some new characters.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Finally: the appearence of Disappearance?!
    I knew it'd be coming out this week, but I was expecting it to be sometime around Sunday.
    Loli Haruhi was cute. /o/
    I'm especially excited to see some new characters.
    Unless they include Editor in Chief☆Straight Ahead (or 陰謀/分裂 and some other stuff), there probably wouldn't be any new characters.
    (I'm pretty sure they'll have Editorchief since
    Spoiler:
    But that's just my brainless speculating, as usual)

As far as I can tell, they seem to be airing the new episodes, mixed with the old episodes, in chronological order. Following that pattern, it would seem that Mystique Sign is to be aired next week. (Followed by Lone Island SyndromeI&II then Endless Eight?!)

But yeah, I'd be really happy if someone could have a seriously hardcore (<---seriously) discussion about this with me. (Serious discussions never seem to happen in JE anymore)

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I loved the New ED, actually, it's better than Hare Hare Yukai. (I wonder where I can download it?)

I read Bamboo Leaf rhapsody before (in manga form), so I guess I kinda knew what would happen, but I still think it was a great episode.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I REMEMBER!!!!

Haruhi asked "Have we seen each other before?" in the beginning of the series, and in the Kumikyoku Nico Nico Douga (Suzumiya Version), Kyon said John Smith and Haruhi talked about Tanabata, and... IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Been waiting for this for so long. 8'D

Loved it; Young Haruhi was cute. xD

And lol at the Back to The Future reference.
    Spoiler:

Years
    HECK YEAH! WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS!?!?!?!?!?

PRAISE THE GODDESS!

Anyways on to watching! I already read Bamboo LR and the Disappearance Light Novels so....more reason to be a Haruhi fan-boy~

XDDD UBER AWESOMES!!!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    As far as I can tell, they seem to be airing the new episodes, mixed with the old episodes, in chronological order. Following that pattern, it would seem that Mystique Sign is to be aired next week. (Followed by Lone Island SyndromeI&II then Endless Eight?!)

But yeah, I'd be really happy if someone could have a seriously hardcore (<---seriously) discussion about this with me. (Serious discussions never seem to happen in JE anymore)
    The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi I,II & III should follow that I think. But this still means we have to wait till the 18th June for any new Haruhi. D:

I've read a bit of the novels, so I could give it a go. Depending on how "hardcore" though...
    And lol at the Back to The Future reference.
    Spoiler:
    Ohhh... so that's where it was from. That had me thinking for awhile, since Kyon clearly said Time Machine. I wasn't expecting CoalGG to through that in there. D:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Oh boy a new season, how exciting. I can't wait to hear about all of the fans starting their rants about how great or terrible this one is.

The Japanese animation industry is already slowing down and adding a show that won't help it seems like a waste. It'll most likely never leave Japan since the sales wouldn't be high anyway.

Last edited:

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi I,II & III should follow that I think. But this still means we have to wait till the 18th June for any new Haruhi. D:

I've read a bit of the novels, so I could give it a go. Depending on how "hardcore" though...

I think episode00 captured the essence of The Sigh pretty well; there isn't much of a need to cover it again. Unless they decided that they need some more HaruhixKyon time and Tsuruyaawesomeness. Shrug.

Lineup will probably be (not in any particular order):

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
    Snowy Mountain Syndrome (2 episodes maybe? they did that for the lone island episodes)
    Charmed at First Sight LOVER
    Where did the Cat go?
    Endless Eight
    Disappearance x6 (or 5)
    Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru
    <something original>

Other unlikely-to-happen episodes (season3 gogo?):

Editor in Chief★Straight Ahead!
    Wandering Shadow
    All of 陰謀 and 分裂

Of course, this is all baseless speculation. Don't take me too seriously !

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I think episode00 captured the essence of The Sigh pretty well; there isn't much of a need to cover it again. Unless they decided that they need some more HaruhixKyon time and Tsuruyaawesomeness. Shrug.

Lineup will probably be (not in any particular order):

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
    Snowy Mountain Syndrome (2 episodes maybe? they did that for the lone island episodes)
    Charmed at First Sight LOVER
    Where did the Cat go?
    Endless Eight
    Disappearance x6 (or 5)
    Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru
    <something original>

Other unlikely-to-happen episodes (season3 gogo?):

Editor in Chief★Straight Ahead!
    Wandering Shadow
    All of 陰謀 and 分裂

Of course, this is all baseless speculation. Don't take me too seriously !
    Or just some more Mikuru abuse.
    I'm half expecting it to be a few episodes, even though 00 covered most of the actual "film" itself, it was an entire novel. =\

Endless Eight will be interesting. However, if we had to watch all 15,498 times.. xD
    I'm also slightly hoping that they'll take out Someday in the Rain. That was really filler-ish back in the original.

Schedule from the mixture of fan speculation that's floating around:
    01. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1
    02. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2
    03. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 3
    04. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 4
    05. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 5
    06. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 6
    07. The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
    08. Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (NEW)
    09. Mysterique Sign
    10. Remote Island Syndrome Part1
    11. Remote Island Syndrome Part2
    12. Endless Eight (NEW)
    13. The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 (NEW)
    14. The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 (NEW)
    15. The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 3 (NEW)
    16. The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru Episode 00
    17. Live A Live
    18. The Day of Sagittarius
    19. Someday in the rain
    20. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 (NEW)
    21. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 (NEW)
    22. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 3 (NEW)
    23. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 4 (NEW)
    24. Charmed at First Sight Lover (NEW)
    25. Snow Mountain Syndrome Part1 (NEW)
    26. Snow Mountain Syndrome Part2 (NEW)
    27. Where Did the Cat Go? (NEW)
    28. Disappearance Epilogue (NEW)

Arekku

Fresh Prince of Des Moines
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    It's pretty good. Strange they had no new opening.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    They just didn't show the opening, I think.
    No anime is good without an good opening. Yeah, I wasn't thinking straight. Too excited after all the new anime.

Last edited:
    Back