• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Haruhi Season

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I'd say the ending was perfect. :D Don't know how, but it finally ENDS the frustration of the anti-E8 people, and it kinda... disappoints me. Because I really enjoyed it. Both at the episodes and how the fans raged. :D

However that doesn't stop me from expecting new episodes. THEY GOT 5 EPISODES LEFT TO USE, MAI DEARIES.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    whoo it's over. Though now that it is, I'm gonna miss it. :( That was the ballsiest thing ever done in anime, I think, and only this series could've gotten away with it. Kudos to KyoAni.

But I am interested to see what'll happen next.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
    still you gotta be glad its finished,Repeating the same thing 8 times let alone 15,322 times is bad enough
    the next one is called remote mountain syndrome(going by the light novel)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Man kyon really pulled a moment of awesome with that speech..

...haruhi then poking him repetedly after was pretty funny as well
    I particularly liked the "OKAY. YOU'LL LET ME COPY YOUR HOMEWORK" command. It wouldn't have been as good had he asked permission rather than take charge like Haruhi. XD;

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I happened to have been away and missed the ever so famous "Endless 8." Even though the show repeats itself I'd like to catch up on what I missed in Season Two. Though, it is great to hear it finally stopped repeating the same two weeks of vacation for them and moves on. It'll be something to look forward to I would think. I for one wouldn't have likes to watch it all 15,000+ times, XD.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    The current director for Haruhi, Tatsuya Ishihara, "joked?" about a possible Haruhi movie to be of another set of Endless Eight.

Please no. XD

I'm hoping the last 5 new episodes will be the Disappearance (and we'll be left with a cliffhanger), so perhaps it's Mikuru's movie this week.

I think it's likely that they'll be Sigh, after the hint at a movie which will probably be Disappearance.

EDIT: It aired and it was Sigh. So the next 5 episodes will be Sigh.
    Ooh and:
    https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/08/08/if-we-do-a-haruhi-movie-it’ll-be-endless-eight-again/
    There's Disappearance, but he twisted the meaning.

Last edited:

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    haha the disappearance episodes have disappeared
    oh god can they screw this series up any more than it is already

oh yeah of course they can

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    haha the disappearance episodes have disappeared
    oh god can they screw this series up any more than it is already

oh yeah of course they can

Uhm, in the correct order, Sigh is next anyway... plus, Sigh was pretty good, so I don't know what you're on about.

Disappearance is going to be adapted into a movie.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I had been waiting for this 'sequel' ever since they announced it on the hidden webpage two years ago. Mainly because Disappearance was my favourite arc in the entire series, but I also wanted to see how the other chapters' adaptions would turn out.

A year and a half had passed, and no new information whatsoever. And when they finally decided to air it, it turns out that they were just the same old episodes, broadcasted in chronological order. That really sent my hopes crashing.

It turns out that they were airing the new episodes alongside of the old ones. OK, that's cool. (I was half thinking that they were going to do that anyways.)

A month or so later, they gave us Endless Eight. Things were looking good. The cliffhanger struck me as odd, but I didn't really think too much about it. Seven episodes later, Endless Eight finally ended. I lost all hope of seeing any of the other chapters in animated form; but at least we're going to get Disappearance!

Now, this. "oh hey we changed our minds you guys are going to have to wait even longer for your disappearance arc meanwhile we're going to work on another arc that we'd already covered" Sorry if I sound excessively dramatic/emotional, but this is the last straw.

And watching (some of) you people defend this mutilation of the series really ticks me off.

Meanwhile the studios and publishers announce the release of the DVDs: Two episodes per disk, 6,930 yen each. It became clear to me that this was all nothing but a clever marketing ploy. And look how well it worked; they've got their 'hardcore' fans going all "oh yeah man endless eight was da bomb".

OK, nice. Wall of text. Now that I've calmed down, (and removed the particularly mean/rude parts of the post) I'd like to apologize again for being excessively emotional/dramatic. ):

Edit: Wait, what? What movie? Do you have a source, or is this just speculation?

Last edited:

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    I understand you completely. :P
    But I'd just like to point out... they haven't fully covered Sigh- only brushed past it and gave us Episode 0.
    But yeah, again, I understand what you mean. Just look forward to Disappearance now, though?

EDIT: I have a source.
    Sealkid said:
    Tatsuya Ishihara announced a Movie for Haruhi,

"There are a lot of episodes from the novels which have not been animated. We'd love to hear which of those you would like to make into a movie."

Ishihara: "Endless Eight… :-) Can't we do that again, adding some new extras, try some film tricks out? Or is it too much? :-)"

The interview quote is right, but of course Sankaku twisted the meaning.

Source:
    https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/08/08/if-we-do-a-haruhi-movie-it’ll-be-endless-eight-again/

- - - - - - - - - -

Still there are no words from Mr. Yamakan about this development but there are rumors that the original Haruhi Suzumiya creator designer Itou-san wants the copyright out of Kadokawa's hands and be transferred to J.C. Staff instead.

Source:
    https://lsb-on.ning.com/group/haruhisuzumiya/forum/topics/endless-eight-movie-on-the

He's twisted the meaning of course; but this pretty much confirms the movie that they hinted at a while ago.

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Ugh, I watch the Sigh, and it's like talking, talking, and MOAR talking.

Not counting Kyon's antics.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    The Sigh. *sigh* At least it's new material, hurrah. I thought it was quite typical of Haruhi. XD Part II of eight next week~

there are rumors that the original Haruhi Suzumiya creator designer Itou-san wants the copyright out of Kadokawa's hands and be transferred to J.C. Staff instead.
    I wouldn't mind that. J.C. Staff is pretty good in my books.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Itou-san as in Itou Noiji? If that's the case, I wonder what Tanigawa's going to do about this. And, uh, J.C. Staff is an animation studio, whereas Kadokawa is a publishing company, so I don't really see how that'd work.

I'm kinda hoping that this rebroadcasting isn't the "real" second season, and that what they're doing now is some kind of spin-off thing. (doesn't seem really likely though) After all, they announced the second season with that disappearance poster.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    (Ah, J.C.Staff is a good animation studio. Pretty good with me. :D) But isn't Kyoto Animation the one who animates Haruhi...?

And yes, I hope this isn't the second season.
    Then again, I heard from someone that this isn't the second season, but these 14 episodes are just to stick the whole Haruhi thing together, in order.
    But what Disappearance poster?

Back