• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Haruhi Season

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I think it would be epic if they troll us all the way through and just make 14 episodes of Endless Eight. :>

Because I'm starting to get sick of it and that's the only part of it I'd find amusing by the end, I bet. XD;

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Actually, the last two Endless Eight episodes have convinced me that the repetitious episodes are a fantastic idea. Each one brings something new to the table, leaving us with a plethora of artistic and cinematic touches that wouldn't all fit into one episode. It's really like the Endless Eight concept in itself: they couldn't fit all they wanted to accomplish into twenty minutes, so they kept going back to the beginning to take another whack at it!

Endless Eight will definitely go down as one of the ballsiest and most avant-garde things ever attempted in anime, and I think it's working terrifically so far. It may come across as lazy initially, but it takes genuine skill to make the repetitions as visually distinct as they are. Anime isn't just story and dialogue, it's also artwork, and the variety of artwork in Endless Eight is truly special.

You know, I may actually miss it once the last three are gone...

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    hahaha i wonder how they're going to release the dvds like this

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I figured something.
    The episode says Endless EIGHT. Does this mean it'll go for three more times? 8D

Please ignore my stupid observation. XD

P.S. Itsuki in a speedo = DO NOT WANT.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I figured something.
    The episode says Endless EIGHT. Does this mean it'll go for three more times? 8D
    It's looking that way...
    But chapter 6 was kinda new... at least the end maybe Kyon will finally realize what to do
    But in fact beside the Koizumi's idea (say I love you to Haru) I don't know how he could manage to fix this mess...

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I wonder what they're trying to suggest here:
    New Haruhi Season

But supposedly it's meant to finally end next week, if the rumors among bloggers is right.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    But supposedly it's meant to finally end next week, if the rumors among bloggers is right.
    Incorrect!

For those of you who have no sense of pattern recognition, there was in fact another Endless Eight episode today. I thought the scene with Haruhi leaving in the restaurant was done particularly well this time around, it gave a real feeling of resignation to defeat.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    "Wareware wa onaji jikan wo eien to loop shiteru no desu yo."

Repeat~
    I think I'll put Haruhi on-hold till I see the next arc~ as much as I loved the Endless Eight chapter in the novels, this is pushing it a bit for me.
    And stupid 6 episode rumour not coming true. ;_;

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    "Wareware wa onaji jikan wo eien to loop shiteru no desu yo."

Repeat~
    I think I'll put Haruhi on-hold till I see the next arc~ as much as I loved the Endless Eight chapter in the novels, this is pushing it a bit for me.
    And stupid 6 episode rumour not coming true. ;_;

Lol, I thought the same thing. :)
    I wanted it to be true. ¬¬
    I admit to being bored by it now, but as it's Haruhi I'll watch it until the end, just so say "I was one of the REAL Haruhi fans that watched Endless Eight ;)). xD
    And it was good in the novels, one 30-paged chapter if I recall. I'm guessing they have plans for Disappearence (movie, anyone?) otherwise they wouldn't be dragging Endless Eight this far. We'll be getting Sigh after this though, so that's always a plus! :)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    New Haruhi Season

The "8" symbol:
    - either actually means it'll play eight times; or
    - IT'LL GO ON FOREVARRRR~~~~~

I prefer the latter. It sounds fun, and besides, it's funny to see the fans shrieking in anger. 8D

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The only reason I keep watching this arc is to hear Itsuki say "I love you" in English every week. XDD

And I just got the full version of the opening, I love it

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    If the companies profit, then nothing else matters.

I always hate it when a series becomes popular, and the publishers/whoevers start taking advantage of the fans; sacrificing quality for popularity.

Actually, the last two Endless Eight episodes have convinced me that the repetitious episodes are a fantastic idea. Each one brings something new to the table, leaving us with a plethora of artistic and cinematic touches that wouldn't all fit into one episode. It's really like the Endless Eight concept in itself: they couldn't fit all they wanted to accomplish into twenty minutes, so they kept going back to the beginning to take another whack at it!

Endless Eight will definitely go down as one of the ballsiest and most avant-garde things ever attempted in anime, and I think it's working terrifically so far. It may come across as lazy initially, but it takes genuine skill to make the repetitions as visually distinct as they are. Anime isn't just story and dialogue, it's also artwork, and the variety of artwork in Endless Eight is truly special.

You know, I may actually miss it once the last three are gone...

黒:なかなか優等生な回答にゃ。

that fits nicely. hahaha.

So basically such a stunt could only have been pulled off in Haruhi; if anyone else tried this, they'd die in twenty seconds. But Haruhi fans never give up: they just keep coming back !

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    Well, I typed it into the Babylon translator. It's broken English but for the most part its decipherable xD

Spoiler:

What I got out of it is that people at Kadokawa are tired of doing it over and over again, but perhaps the head directer enjoys doing something different each time. -nod nod-

I'm really hoping it doesn't go on for 8 episodes D: I mean that's straight up 8 out of 14 episodes that are all the same, and the next few episodes will be flat out The Vanishment ; o; Oh well, at this rate, it WILL continue for 8 episodes, unless for some odd reason they decide to stop at 7 XD

But in the end, I watch them all the way through, each time hoping something new will happen -shrug-

Back