• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Moves Hopes

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    Since there always been new moves when we've been introduced a new generation, what kind of moves do you hope to see?

Here are some of the moves that I'm hoping to see:

• A special +1 priority Dragon Type move
    • A move to increase Special Defense by 3 stages (Similar to Cotton Guard)
    • A physical +1 priority Fire Type move
    • A move similar to Belly Drum that maximizes the Special Attack while cuts HP in half
    • A Dragon type move that's similar to Electric Terrain
    • A move to increase Accuracy by 2 stages

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm hoping for more Fairy-type moves, preferably more physical ones so that we can at least have more options for some physical-based Fairy Pokemon.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I would like to see more physical fairy attacks.

Or maybe more physical moves on generally special based types e.g. ice.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • As Hika said a high Physical based Fairy move would be great. I think we need more Steel-type and Poison-type moves too. Another thing I hope to see is bringing back some of the better moves for TMs, what ever happened to the likes of Giga Drain and Cross Poison?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Something that hits through subs that switch the targets state gains, so if they are +2 attack they go -2 attack. Would be cool in doubles too so would be balanced while stopping some bs strategies.

More fire physical moves, maybe some priority ones to, to help out flareon. Flare blitz kills you to fast and fire fang/punch is crap not worth using. Same for electric.

Disable revamp. I want to select the move I want to get rid of not the one they used last. I have a major hate for earthquake and how you can't counter it without a flying type, and I hate all the flying types so I'm out of luck.

Earthquake revamp. To much damage lower the accuracy to 85 or the damage to 80, its to powerful for having only flying as a weakness seeing as grass and bug are all shit and the only ones worth using are part steel making them neutral still 1-2 hit ko by eq.

Not really to many other attacks that need to be changed or added, mainly pokemon stats and abilities updated.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    Something that hits through subs that switch the targets state gains, so if they are +2 attack they go -2 attack. Would be cool in doubles too so would be balanced while stopping some bs strategies.

More fire physical moves, maybe some priority ones to, to help out flareon. Flare blitz kills you to fast and fire fang/punch is crap not worth using. Same for electric.

Disable revamp. I want to select the move I want to get rid of not the one they used last. I have a major hate for earthquake and how you can't counter it without a flying type, and I hate all the flying types so I'm out of luck.

Earthquake revamp. To much damage lower the accuracy to 85 or the damage to 80, its to powerful for having only flying as a weakness seeing as grass and bug are all muk and the only ones worth using are part steel making them neutral still 1-2 hit ko by eq.

Not really to many other attacks that need to be changed or added, mainly pokemon stats and abilities updated.

Levitate is a rather common ability, and any Pokemon with that ability are completely immune to ground type attacks, unless the opposing Pokemon has a Mold Breaker ability, which I think is not that common. Some electric types like the Magnemite evolutionary line can learn Magnet Rise, which acts exactly like Levitate except that it's not an ability.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • There is a new Grass type move Rowlet know at the beginning so we know there is a big hope for new moves (and not only this one).
    I agree with the list from HardstyleRaver2. I would like to see more physical fire move (please, for the love of Flareon) and better bug moves.

TI

good mornin'
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    I would enjoy a fighting type version of Draco Meteor.
    Because Focus Blast sucks.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Give Litten's final evolution Truant as a Hidden Ability.

Then give it a move called Fire Pounce that deals 4x damage if the user was unable to move last turn because of paralysis, sleep, flinch, etc.

The synergy is great.

Years
  • They're probably going to the thing they did with Chesnaught, Greninja, and Delphox, where they make special moves designed around their theme with our new starters. I'm almost positive that Litten's move will be something that has to do with gasoline and hairballs. I think some kind of non-damaging move would be cool for Popplio, like a move that worked as a protect or something like that. And some kind of move that's like Leaf Storm- but with feathers instead for Rowlet.

Years
    • Seen today
    I just want a physical counterpart to Hidden Power.

Now that the power of Hidden Power is guaranteed to not suck (60 isn't that great, but it's better than 30!), Hidden Power can be a fun way to help a special attacker with a shallow movepool get better coverage. But only a special attacker; because Hidden Power is special, it's completely useless to physical-oriented Pokemon.

Years
  • I just want a physical counterpart to Hidden Power.

Now that the power of Hidden Power is guaranteed to not suck (60 isn't that great, but it's better than 30!), Hidden Power can be a fun way to help a special attacker with a shallow movepool get better coverage. But only a special attacker; because Hidden Power is special, it's completely useless to physical-oriented Pokemon.

I can definitely agree with this one, because while Hidden Power adds versatility it is useless for most physical Pokemon who have shallow movepools. I don't know what a good name for a physical counterpart would be but it would be nice to see.

I would actually like to see more attacking poison type & steel type moves

If last generation was the debut of Fairy-type, this generation should expand it further and I think expanding its weaknesses' move distribution more would also help fit with the Fairy expansion.

Years
    • Seen today
    That would require a complete overhaul of the IV system, which I really can't picture happening.

If they are willing to allow a Pokemon's HP Type to change upon being transferred, they could just change the 15/63 multiplier used in the computation into 16/63 to allow for 17 distinct types.

If we assume they are unwilling to do that, it's still totally possible without modifying IVs.

Two examples come to mind.

In Generations III and IV, Nature was determined by the least significant byte of the personality value. Generation V and VI have a special byte reserved for the nature; it is unrelated to the personality value. When transferring a Pokemon from Gen III or Gen IV up to Gen V, it just duplicates the least significant byte of the personality value, allowing them to keep compatibility.

They could easily do this. Add a byte for the explicit purpose of holding the HP type, and generate it randomly with no relation to IVs. When transferring a Pokemon, calculate what their HP was in previous games and store that there.

As a similar example, Gen V changed which bit of the personality value determines ability (from bit 0 to bit 16). The solution in that case was to, whenever looking up the ability, check the origin of the Pokemon (whether from Gen V or earlier), and if it was from Gen V, use bit 15, and if it was from an earlier game, use bit 0.

They could also easily do this. Check if a Pokemon is from Sun/Moon, and if so, use the multiplier of 16/63, and if not, use a multiplier of 15/63.

tl;dr It wouldn't require an overhaul of the IV system.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I find it weird that there's no Dark Type biting move that is for low level. The lowest is Bite who is 60 Power.

I could see a 40 Power Dark Type biting move named Nibble. It would be similar to the damage low level moves do like Ember and Water Gun.

Also Dark Type need a lot more Special type moves there's only 3 Special moves for Dark type VS 15 Physical.

Back