• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Music 2 years later...

KingDrapion

dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    Everybody, Its been confirmed that there will be new music themes in B2 and W2. Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWFXQwUXbuM&feature=g-all-u&context=G23dc5ebFAAAAAAAAHAA
    Its slightly modified from the Wild battle music.

Do any of you guys/girls like it?

Apparently even cities and towns will have a remixed version, just like the Kanto themes in GSC and HGSS.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited to listen to the new themes!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm very excited to see how the music is remixed/changed. Especially the music the new towns/cities will have!

However, if this is the legendary music for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, I am disappoint. I expected something with more beat to it, that causes tension. I wasn't very happy with most of the music in Black and White, and thought it was a let down. So here's to hoping B2W2 changes that?!

KingDrapion

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    I'm very excited to see how the music is remixed/changed. Especially the music the new towns/cities will have!

However, if this is the legendary music for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, I am disappoint.

Don't worry, this won't be the Legendary theme. They probably just used it to hide any other remixes but used Black/White Kyurem to show off their sprites.
    Gamefreak wouldn't use such a playful theme for the 2nd most powerful pokemon in the world.
    But like you, I hope they do improve themes in B2 W2.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'm in love with the current Trainer Battle music of Black and White, so if they remixed it and made it better, I'm going to cry happy tears of joy.
    I really hated the music for the rival battles, so hopefully they made it a bit more...more everything, really.

KingDrapion

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    I'm in love with the current Trainer Battle music of Black and White, so if they remixed it and made it better, I'm going to cry happy tears of joy.
    I really hated the music for the rival battles, so hopefully they made it a bit more...more everything, really.

I don't even know if they will keep that rival theme from BW because it was for Cheren and Bianca. But hopefully they do make it more epic because the rival in B2W2 is more of a rival than a friend.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm not too surprised by it, but hurrah new music I suppose. Just leave in the tunes (or make minor updates to) that I liked in BW. =p

I didn't mind the BW rival theme but hopefully the new one is also good.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm excited to hear that there is new music in these games, especially the rival music, the old one was kind of annoying...
    I agree 100%. It was too childish to be quite honest. I guess it fit Bianca though. But from what I could hear, the rival music sounds beast.

Because most of B/W's soundtrack disappointed me, I'm almost scared to find out what most of the music sounds like in these games. I'd really like if the legendary battle music (and to be honest, any music) that should sound intense IS intense. coughaldercough

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Dear God, they had better change the Champion's battle music. It SUCKED. Did not fit a Champion what-so-ever omg. It felt more like the Elite Four music, and then the Elite four music should have been for Alder. Hopefully they fixed this in the new games.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • KingDrapion

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    Dear God, they had better change the Champion's battle music. It SUCKED. Did not fit a Champion what-so-ever omg. It felt more like the Elite Four music, and then the Elite four music should have been for Alder. Hopefully they fixed this in the new games.

Yes I agree with you, it sucked. Alders theme sounded too much like Cyrus'. I hope they make the champion theme fit for a champion in B2W2 and hope they completely redo it instead of improve it. But I want an improved version of the BW E4 theme to stay in B2W2.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Heard the Introduction to the World of Pokémon theme. They didn't change it?

New wild battle theme samples I've heard are decent. It's nothing really too different, but I guess it reminds us that we're still in Unova.
    That is true, which is why I expect most of the remixes/edits for the music to sound awfully like the originals of B/W.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Neato! I was hoping for a bit of new music to listen to, especially after how amazing B/W's soundtrack was.
    Sounds good so far, and i'm pretty pumped to hear more.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2015
    all sounds rather familiar though...
    as long as we have the same kinda pokécentre music, i'm happy :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    First rival Music in B2 w2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H81OlYWr9do&feature=g-all-lik&context=G2b3d099FAAAAAAAABAA
    I don't know, it sounds better than Cheren and Bianca's but I think they could do a better job.
    Keep in mind that is a recreation of it so it might be slightly off.

I find this rival music a lot better than Cheren and Bianca's. To me, their rival theme was too childish and bouncy. Too playful! This one is more wicked and fierce.

Hmm, I wonder if they will make a total change for the bike and surfing music. I didn't really like the bike theme at all, but surfing was alright.

Back