• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New opening [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
Years
  • Pretty sure they wouldn't call it by the same name if it's a new cast. Japan doesn't have seasons, so they'd definately change the title of the series if a new cast comes into the picture. Heck, when Kenta, Marina and Jun'ichi became the main focus, the special was titled as Pocket Monsters Crystal, rather than Pocket Monsters.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yep, so until it changes it's title from "Pocket Monster Advanced Generation" to whatever, it's still the same series.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    It looks like one of my predictions is going to come true. For those of you who haven't read them both, here they are again.

Pokemon's Future, as Foreseen by Nostradamus

1: Ash is going to leave the show. Pokemon Advanced Generation is called that for a good reason. It symbolizes a sort of 'passing the torch' feel where the veteran (Ash) steps down and makes room for the new Generation (Max and May) to emerge. Ash might possibly stay on as an advisor, but nothing more.

2: Mew in the 8th Movie makes this one still realistic on many parts. There is going to be a time lapse and the story will pick up years later with the characters as teenagers. They will be older and reunite for a journey of some sort. As a corallary, the storyline will become darker and more serious, revolving not on winning Leagues, but saving the world from some horrible Evil. During this time, we'll learn a shocking secret about the 'true origin' of all Pokemon, and Pikachu will probably evolve into a never before seen Legendary Pokemon. Japan still classifies Pokemon as Action Anime. Maybe this is why.

Last night I had a dream where Ash, Brock, Max, and May had finished the Hoenn League. I met them outside of a city. We found our way to where Jirachi was sealed, only to find a hole where his crystal was supposed to be. Ho-Oh appeared and simply said all would become clear soon. Then I woke up. I swear, that's what happened. I kid you not.

Creepy, isn't it? And it's actually starting to shape up like one of these predictions is probably going to come true.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Sorry to say...but NONE of that seems like it could happen ^^ , thats just not what the current story arc is building to ^^;

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    What I mean is based on Mew being in the 8th Movie and the sudden change in the mood of the opening music. It actually seems to be pointing in that direction.

Remember too that those two predictions are long-term, not short-term. They may not necessarily come true in this season, but someday one or both probably will. (I don't follow cliches.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    The whole "Advanced" in the title came from the fact that it was the first Pokemon game on GBA,

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Yes, but the ominous Generation is included in the title. Almost everyone thinks Generation means an Edition of Pokemon. But I think it means the Generation of Trainers.

Yeah, it's scary to think of, but look at Japan's record of changing the cast in other Animes. It's bound to happen sooner or later...

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Ominous? o_o It just means that this generation is Advanced compared to the previous two. And usually if a change of cast is made, they do change the title. Digimon did it. Yu-Gi-Oh did it. Even the Dragon Ball series' did it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Ominous? o_o It just means that this generation is Advanced compared to the previous two. And usually if a change of cast is made, they do change the title. Digimon did it. Yu-Gi-Oh did it. Even the Dragon Ball series' did it.
    Advanced was but there just to plug the new games being on the GBA.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Advanced lives up to its name. :P It's an Advanced generation, which also shows that the new generation is on the GBA.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    There is a link posted to that already. Anyways...gah I can't get over how bad it is. I just don't like, and I'm one to love instramental music...

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
    Years
  • Why do people keep saying this is the end? It isn't, it could be the end of Satoshi but not the show.

Actually I was more stating a "Big Finale" of the current season rather than the whole show ^^; Since it's more than likely the AG season will end with this opening. I know Pok?mon won't end completly while it's still popular.

Yeah, I was upset over the change. They replaced it with a basic trivia thing that just looks to be a crappy version of "Dare Da?/Who's That Pok?mon?".

Awwww, I'm gonna miss watching Oak getting humorusly shown up by a Pok?mon every week :(

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Basically Takeshi thinks of a Pok?mon before the opening, gives you three clues as to who it could be, then at the end of the show he reveals it after the credits are done. A really lame variation of Dare Da? For that, they could've just replaced the eye catchers and gone back to doing DD.

NeverAgain

Real men wear makeup.
    Years
  • I don't think the opening is THAT bad. I personally think it's better than that Challenger opening. I'm sorry, but that song wasn't one of my favorites. The whole thing with Ash sitting in a rainy dark scary park looking depressed as hell really bothers me too. He looks so sad. The opening really has a sort of ominous feeling to it. I could see how this could signify the end of something. But seriously, if Ash leaves the show I might think on leaving with him. I won't enjoy watching the show with Max or anyone else as the main character.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Ok, Advanced Generation won't end after Hoenn, if it was to end like that it would be the end of the AG sereis. So if Satoshi does stay the AG title is going to stick around as well.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I liked the new opening alot, but the music was not on of my favorites, i like the challenger opening music the best. As for the quiz, I truly dislike that also. The Professor was ten times better

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • NeverAgain said:
    I don't think the opening is THAT bad. I personally think it's better than that Challenger opening. I'm sorry, but that song wasn't one of my favorites. The whole thing with Ash sitting in a rainy dark scary park looking depressed as hell really bothers me too. He looks so sad. The opening really has a sort of ominous feeling to it. I could see how this could signify the end of something. But seriously, if Ash leaves the show I might think on leaving with him. I won't enjoy watching the show with Max or anyone else as the main character.
    Ready Go! had the same kind of scene with him crying in the rain. Nothing really ominous about it.

Master T

Ladies Man
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2007
    This could be the last season, even though there is all new pokemon coming in a year or so. I mean, how further can the show go? When they come out with the new pokemon its just gonna be AG all over again. They're already running out of ideas. Or maybe a new story will begin with new characters...who knows. It is kinda odd how all the songs and all the pokemon are all put into one small opening theme.

Actually I just realized that at the end of the opening, it said 40th anniversary. Probably all Tv tokyo shows are having a huge big opening scenes?

Last edited:

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Am I the only one that adores the music?

Can someone make an MP3 rip please? ;_;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back