• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokémon Evolution Announcement!

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I think it would definitely be Dragon. Now that Dragon is not over-powered, it makes more sense. And it would mean there's an Eeveelution for every special type.

Though personally I'd LOVE a Poison eeveelution. Poison types are awesome.

I definitely think that a Poison type evolution would be better then a Dragon type one. This is because I don't think a dragon type one would make sense. I mean, Eevee is a Fennec Fox right? For it to be dragon type, it would actually have to be some sort of Dragon, to make sense. Look at evolutions such as Vaporeon, they are still the same creature, but adapted for different environments. A Dragon, would not still be able to maintain that fox design for it to make sense. I hope I'm making sense.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Nope. Everyone was wrong.
    Spoiler:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I feel sorely underwhelmed, but mostly because Honedge was never really a Pokémon that grabbed my attention to begin with. I guess Doublade is alright though. I wasn't expecting Honedge to even have an evolution anyway.

Years
  • I definitely think that a Poison type evolution would be better then a Dragon type one. This is because I don't think a dragon type one would make sense. I mean, Eevee is a Fennec Fox right? For it to be dragon type, it would actually have to be some sort of Dragon, to make sense. Look at evolutions such as Vaporeon, they are still the same creature, but adapted for different environments. A Dragon, would not still be able to maintain that fox design for it to make sense. I hope I'm making sense.

I can definitly see where you're coming from, a poison eeveelution would be a lot easier to portray than a clash of fox and dragon. But remember being dragon type doesn't necessarily mean it needs to BE a dragon. Just as being a Fairy type doesn't mean it needs wings and sparkles. They did a good job with Sylveon, so if they did do a dragon eeveelution I can see it just looking a hella badass with red and blue to portray the dragon side of it.

Still as much as I want (REALLY REALLY WANT) a dragon eeveelution, I agree a poison eeveelution would look a lot more natural...wow how ironic is that, the poisoned creature being natural...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well, didn't see that coming at all. But I like it! I love Honedge from the start because I love swords. I thought Honedge would be a stand alone though

Still wish it was an Eeveelution or even Oorotto.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Doublade?? I intentionally avoiding pictures, so please only put them in spoilers.

So, literally, the only way for a sword to evovle is to become TWO swords! Called it! Never thought this Pokemon would evolve.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Eh... It's ok. But I don't think anyone expected or even wanted an evo of Honedge. It's just not a very eye catching design. Doublade looks good with the pink, but the name has 0 creativity, and its essentially just two Honedges fused together. What's next, Triplowrd?

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I love it! Honedge is already in my top 6, Doublade is just too sick! Imagine that sucker in 3D battles! Was really wanting a second Eeveelution though...

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I really like this, but I don't know why. I really wanted a Honedge evolution, but always thought that it wasn't going to happen, but this has really surprised me. The name is nice and easy to roll of the tongue, your basically saying 'da blade'. It seems to have turned into not only two swords, but also a bit of a shield as well. It reminds me of this.
    This might just end up being on my team.
    swordshield.gif

Back