• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokémon Evolution Announcement!

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
  • I definitely think that a Poison type evolution would be better then a Dragon type one. This is because I don't think a dragon type one would make sense. I mean, Eevee is a Fennec Fox right? For it to be dragon type, it would actually have to be some sort of Dragon, to make sense. Look at evolutions such as Vaporeon, they are still the same creature, but adapted for different environments. A Dragon, would not still be able to maintain that fox design for it to make sense. I hope I'm making sense.

I think it's a pretty poor argument to state that there can't be a dragon type Eeveelution because it would involve its evolution taking on a more draconic appearance. Altaria is a bird, is it not? And Kingdra a seahorse? And Flygon a dragonfly? I understand their logic behind making these three dragon types but it shows that Game Freak have been quite liberal with typing before. I think they could afford to stick a few scales on it and it'll still look draconic but feline/canine enough to still look like an Eevee evolution.

It's not as if the Eeveelutions are consistent either. Flareon is based on the pomeranian dog breed while Vaporeon is a visual pun on the catfish (although personally it always reminded me of a sealion). Umbreon even shares some rabbit characteristics in with its bulky canine ones. As I said, it wouldn't be impossible for GF to take a few dragon-typical traits and apply them to make a dragon evolution for the line.

...of course, this is implying I want them to make a dragon type Eevee evolution. I dislike the Eevee line as a whole but I would be disappointed if they finished making them without having one for each type.

I like Doublade already. <3

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Eh... It's ok. But I don't think anyone expected or even wanted an evo of Honedge. It's just not a very eye catching design. Doublade looks good with the pink, but the name has 0 creativity, and its essentially just two Honedges fused together. What's next, Triplowrd?

What's the difference between it and Magneton? Magneton is 3 Magnemites. Same with Klink's line.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Hahahahaha, that's pretty funny. I can't stop laughing the more I think about it. Hehee.

So I'm guessing this is another Magnemite sort of deal where two of these things joined together.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Well of all the things I expected, a Honedge evolution was not one of them. :1 Ah well, I think it looks pretty neat. Clever name.
    Commence bawwing about how it just evolves into two swords : P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • What's the difference between it and Magneton? Magneton is 3 Magnemites. Same with Klink's line.
    True, and besides it's not as bad as Magneton either in terms of creative design...
    I wonder if there's going to be a third called Triedge/Triblade/ Trisword (this name looks like Kris sword which is a type of sword in real life...kind of short.). With a taller, longer blade in the middle and the other two crossing it...it'll look like of cool actually...

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Oh, you guys didn't expect it? Well, news flash you SHOULD of expected it. No matter what you say, you SHOULD expect it. Every generation has this kind of Pokémon, so it's not big of a deal to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I think it's a pretty poor argument to state that there can't be a dragon type Eeveelution because it would involve its evolution taking on a more draconic appearance. Altaria is a bird, is it not? And Kingdra a seahorse? And Flygon a dragonfly? I understand their logic behind making these three dragon types but it shows that Game Freak have been quite liberal with typing before. I think they could afford to stick a few scales on it and it'll still look draconic but feline/canine enough to still look like an Eevee evolution.

It's not as if the Eeveelutions are consistent either. Flareon is based on the pomeranian dog breed while Vaporeon is a visual pun on the catfish (although personally it always reminded me of a sealion). Umbreon even shares some rabbit characteristics in with its bulky canine ones. As I said, it wouldn't be impossible for GF to take a few dragon-typical traits and apply them to make a dragon evolution for the line.

...of course, this is implying I want them to make a dragon type Eevee evolution. I dislike the Eevee line as a whole but I would be disappointed if they finished making them without having one for each type.

I like Doublade already. <3
    In my opinion, Kingdra and Flygon are quite easy to be labelled as Dragon types. Kingdra, while also being a sea horse, is also based on a weedy sea dragonhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weedy_sea_dragon

For Flygon, some species of Dragonflys are commonly called Sand Dragons so its ground/dragon typing kind of makes sensehttps://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flygon_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Name_origin

Altaria is something that I can not really defend for the change in typing, other then it is most likely based off of a Peng, which are Chinese Legendary birds, but this doesn't really defend it as it is not really a dragon.
    Although they are not originally dragons, they are at least somewhat similar, so they can most likely be excused. The eevelutions are the same as well. Foxes are canines so at least they are quite similar in that relation. I just don't see a Canine becoming dragon type :/

Years
  • Oh, you guys didn't expect it? Well, news flash you SHOULD of expected it. No matter what you say, you SHOULD expect it. Every generation has this kind of Pokémon, so it's not big of a deal to me.
    I'm not surprised by it doubling (I actually expected that). Just surprised it ended up being Honedge who's evolution was shown. However it's nice to see it has one...maybe I'll dress my character up as Roxas or Kirito and capture one...

Years
  • Wow a Honedge evo? This was something no-one was expecting, but I do remember when Honedge itself was first revealed and some were speculating its evo would be made of two swords. Guess they were right after all.

It's kinda reminding me of the Magnemite and Klink like already, Steel-type Pokemon that like multiply as they evolve. Doublade is a cool name, but it looks like two Honedges fused and with pink cloths instead of blue.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I'm not surprised by it doubling (I actually expected that). Just surprised it ended up being Honedge who's evolution was shown. However it's nice to see it has one...maybe I'll dress my character up as Roxas or Kirito and capture one...

If it's indeed our Magneton of our generation then I'd expect a second evolution as a ghost mirage holding the two blades or something along the lines.

Years
  • Wow a Honedge evo? This was something no-one was expecting, but I do remember when Honedge itself was first revealed and some were speculating its evo would be made of two swords. Guess they were right after all.

It's kinda reminding me of the Magnemite and Klink like already, Steel-type Pokemon that like multiply as they evolve. Doublade is a cool name, but it looks like two Honedges fused and with pink cloths instead of blue.
    Yeah...I'm waiting for a third sword to be added...possibly where the hilt is now. Maybe become green or some color. Hopefully with a more ghosty aura coming out from it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I hope it has another evolution, as at the moment it does seem kind of incomplete. It's probably because I'm used to having three of a Pokemon in a design. If it does get an evolution, I hope that shield behind it becomes more visable, and the swords become bigger , and sharper. I don't really want three swords as that wouldn't really look right to me. The idea behind it seems to be the swords and shield icon, as I mentioned before. Three swords just wouldn't fit in with the theme they seem to be going with.
    Another thing that I could see is the ghost becoming visable. It holds the two swords while the shield becomes a chest plate. I think that this would be even more awesome.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Don't know why they made a big deal about its announcement, but it is rather radical. Was hoping the evolution would show a ghost wielding it, but Doublade will probably look amazing in battle.

Years
  • I hope it has another evolution, as at the moment it does seem kind of incomplete. It's probably because I'm used to having three of a Pokemon in a design. If it does get an evolution, I hope that shield behind it becomes more visable, and the swords become bigger , and sharper. I don't really want three swords as that wouldn't really look right to me. The idea behind it seems to be the swords and shield icon, as I mentioned before. Three swords just wouldn't fit in with the theme they seem to be going with.
    Another thing that I could see is the ghost becoming visable. It holds the two swords while the shield becomes a chest plate. I think that this would be even more awesome.
    That's no shield...it's a sheath...

You know a dual-wielding ghost sounds really cool, hopefully it happens.

Back