• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
    It's probably a reference to Gen 1! And speaking of Gen 1...The Dream Eating Pokemon? Maybe Munna is more than a reference...Maybe it's a Baby Pokemon of Gen 1 Drowzee! I mean it does look a little like a Tapir...

That was among my first thoughts when I saw this Pokemon and read its description. (The other thought being: Oh look a piggy bank! ^^)

It does kind of resemble Drowzee, save for that "floral pattern" that it's sporting.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    That was among my first thoughts when I saw this Pokemon and read its description. (The other thought being: Oh look a piggy bank! ^^)

It does kind of resemble Drowzee, save for that "floral pattern" that it's sporting.

LOL I thought that too!

Even though I'm guessing it to be a Drowzee pre-evo, maybe they'll just give it its own cool evolution line. Of course I won't get one unless you can teach Telekenisis to other pokemon through breeding...

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    It would not bee a pre-evolution of Drowzee, for one thing, it's not the right colors (Drowzee is brown and yellow, Munna is Pink and purple), two, it levitates, and three, it has a name similar to "Mumma", which we know in the states as "Misdreavus", a similar in description, but completely unrelated Pokemon, still, I think it is based on a piggybank, and not to mention the old phrase "Everything is not what it seems", which is what Munna appears to be based off of......

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well, Nintendo always had me puzzled with stuff like these : bringing back conspiracies or just filling some empty places.
    But, IMO, it is just a coincidence ! :P

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    It would not bee a pre-evolution of Drowzee, for one thing, it's not the right colors (Drowzee is brown and yellow, Munna is Pink and purple)
    [New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked

And that's just the first 100.

two, it levitates
    No it doesn't. It learns a move that forces the foe to levitate. That isn't a current move, it's completely possible and more than likely that Drowzee will learn this as well.

and three, it has a name similar to "Mumma", which we know in the states as "Misdreavus", a similar in description, but completely unrelated Pokemon
    The fact that they have a similar name but aren't related is completely irrelevant.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Give a Drowzee a Rose Incense and you have Munna, it's that simple.It would explain the floral, hippy-like pattern. I mean, why can't the incenses be used for breeding of multiple Pokemon?

PS: Drowzee and Hypno have pink shiny forms. It would make sense if Munna had a yellow shiny.

Last edited:

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    If Munna ends up being a Drowzee prevo, then I take back what I said earlier. I would end up absolutely loving it, simply because it stops being a Drowzee rip-off that looks like a tacky wallpaper, and starts being A DROWZEE RIP-OFF THAT LOOKS LIKE A TACKY WALLPAPER. In other words, Munna is now one of my favorites. I'm fickle about this sort of thing.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
    I see what you mean about the pre-evos being different colours. But when they actually make a baby version of the pokemon. I believe its the same colours? I don't think they've ever made a baby pokemon that isn't pretty much identical to the adult.

>>

>>

Last edited:

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    I see what you mean about the pre-evos being different colours. But when they actually make a baby version of the pokemon. I believe its the same colours? I don't think they've ever made a baby pokemon that isn't pretty much identical to the adult.
    I anticipated someone would say this, and I honestly don't have an answer. Though, why not start? There's no real reason why they shouldn't be different colours. Admittedly this is a drastic colour change, but most baby Pokemon are meant to be cutesy, and frankly I don't think there's any way to make Drowzee come off as "cute", as cool as he is. I could also argue that Chingling, and possibly even Smoochum or Tyrogue, have different colours, but that would possibly be a bit of a desperate argument.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    where the hell are people gettin the idea of it being a drowzee preevo??

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    where the hell are people gettin the idea of it being a drowzee preevo??

thats wat i was wonderin

seriously they have nuthin incommon except species inspiration,& dreams

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Like an Ape + a Daruma to me...I don't see an Australian influence there.

I didn't think of that, but at first glance..without really paying attention to its name it seemed austrialian influenced (tasmanian devil a little to me).

Like an Ape + a Daruma to me...I don't see an Australian influence there.

I overlooked them and must say they all look better then I thought. Munna is still a lovable little beast. Meguroko, forgot to mention, is not only my favourite, but will DEFINITELY be on my Team.

Chiramii is.. Still okay, but not the greatest, probably won't be on my team, I will have to see it's evolutionary cycle before I say anything, But overall, nice looking Pokemon. Next up, Gear. This guy, is so wonderful, it's facial expressions say alot about it, it has a look that it was built from Steel, and it is Steel, loving it. Mamepeto, just your average starting Bird, but best design I have seen for one yet, and I like him alot. Hihidaruma, what can I say? Tank, that is all. Then, finally, Shimama. Beautiful design, great typing, and probably has a special place in my team.
    That is what I think of these new fantastic beasts. :)

Gear reminds me of magnemite..I don't like its facial expressions but if it evolves into something stellar I'll reconsider my opinion of it.

What will chiramii evolve into ? I'm scared

Hopefully not something fugly and/or useless. I guess it might be available towards the start of the game so to me it seems like it will evolve into a semi-powerful pokemon.

But hey guys, from the pictures and info I don't think we have a bidoof equivalent in Isshu :D..Hopefully I don't have to take those words back later on!

Last edited:

Olliee

Years
    I anticipated someone would say this, and I honestly don't have an answer. Though, why not start? There's no real reason why they shouldn't be different colours. Admittedly this is a drastic colour change, but most baby Pokemon are meant to be cutesy, and frankly I don't think there's any way to make Drowzee come off as "cute", as cool as he is. I could also argue that Chingling, and possibly even Smoochum or Tyrogue, have different colours, but that would possibly be a bit of a desperate argument.

This is how I see this; I completely agree that anything is possible, but even if they are of a dissimilar colour i.e; Chingling. It still has features which completely define it to being related to the certain Pokemon.. Such as the bell for chingling. The Hair for smoochum, and the physique for Tyrogue. Hm I'm not sure really.. but all I know is that we have never had such a drastic difference for a baby Pokemon. If Munna is a baby Drowzee, it completely ruins it for me. XD

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    imo, it seems like they ran out of ideas and researched their older ideas that were scrapped. :[

Olliee

Years
    imo, it seems like they ran out of ideas and researched their older ideas that were scrapped. :[

I honestly don't think they "ran out" of ideas, it seems like they already designed all the pokemon we have years ago, and just pick to release some every so often. :o

Syrp/Pnoob

Buy one, get one free
    Years
    I love how everyone's saying that Munna is a pre-evo to Drowzee. Munna is the Dream Eater Pokemon, not the Hypnosis Pokemon. Not to mention Munna is obviously based on a sea cucumber. I mean, look at it, that's the stuff of nightmares.

Plus, Munna's evolution has already been confirmed.

-PN

Don't take this post seriously, because I know someone will.

P.S.- Loving all of the new Pokemon.

Back