• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    euuh, well i dont know if youve seen those rumors posted on 2ch, but alot of them came true, and if theyr all true, it means, that it will be in japan again!

I doubt that ..the rumors say that it's going to be the honshu region...however this region contains both johto and kanto but we know isshu is far from them...so it won't be honshu for sure

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    euuh, well i dont know if youve seen those rumors posted on 2ch, but alot of them came true, and if theyr all true, it means, that it will be in japan again!

All that's been confirmed correct of them is the professor's name. Some have been confirmed incorrect and some haven't been confirmed either way.

But looking at that city, the island, the bridge and the fact that it's a 'long way away', I just don't see that being anything but New York.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    ...These are absolutely horrible. ._.

The crocodile is tolerable but the rest are some of the worst designs I've seen in my life, What they heck are they thinking?
    They're thinking outside the box, Im lovin' the gear pokemon :D. Im excited about the new abilities, moves, etc.

Mujahid

Years
    I don't think they r that bad...there r some gud designs there..and also the new abilities and moves are interesting too

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2022
    From seeing these poke's I'm thinking Africa.
    Gorrilla/Babboon: Africa
    Zebra: Africa
    Croc: Africa
    Hog: Africa

I also hope they all have atleast 1-2 evo's, though I feel that Gorrilla won't.

Really liking it so far, hope there is high influences from africa. And I hope Trapinch, Hippopotas thing, Croc and sandsrew with a new evo are available in the desert. :)

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Shimama the Electric Zebra looks awesome. Seriously.

My gen V team will now consist of Pokabu, Chi... thingy - the chinchilla one, the pigeon (was is Mamepato? *can't remember) and now Shimama.

Team building months in advance FTW!

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
    Now that I've had some time to look at the scans properly...

Mamepato looks like it's about to shake your hand. =P

I reckon Hihidaruma's got a clever design. Fiery eyebrows of doom! And like the name suggests, it does look like a daruma.

Heh heh, the black marks around Meguroko's eyes look like glasses or goggles. Or its fallen for the ol' "ink on binoculars" prank. Ground/Dark's a pretty cool typing, too. STAB Bite and Crunch, anyone?

Electric zebra? Where do I sign up?

And here's stuff I noticed thanks to JWPce (a Japanese word processor/dictionary):

Meguroko's Ability じしんかじょう can also translate to "Overconfidence". Since the scan mentions it raises Attack upon defeating an opponent, this would probably be more likely than "Earth Spiral".

Also, Hihidaruma's classification えんじょう does mean flaming/blazing/etc but I think it's worth noting the word えんじょ means assistance or support. Nice pun, with its Ability being "Encourage". =P Maybe it'll learn Helping Hand?

In the Mijumaru/Mamepato battle pic, the text box says "Mijumaru used Tail Whip!" A move it has at the beginning of the game, no doubt.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Well, I think that's all the info we'll get this week. Back to waiting for next month's CoroCoro.

I think I'll start off with munna, chiramii, shimama, and mijumaru in my team.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    From seeing these poke's I'm thinking Africa.
    Gorrilla/Babboon: Africa
    Zebra: Africa
    Croc: Africa
    Hog: Africa
    Freaky, is it because of the world cup? That would be kinda cool if it was lol. Well some of the pokemon can tell you what kind of enviroment the Isshu region is. Im thinking it could be a tropical, sahara, with some urban in it. I guess its a mixed enviroment region like how sinnoh was

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    (Do read this, it isn't that long;))

It's upsetting because I only checked PokeBeach about 4 hours ago and all that was there were rumours, no scans. I come back from sports day and there's all this xD It's nice, but I would have liked to be here at the start of the release.

Chinchilla: Adorable, I didn't know they'd come up with that. Beats the past 4 rodents :) (Might even use it)
    Bird: Oh come on. That's basically Starly T_T
    Gear: I didn't even notice it on the scans, took me a while xD Seems quite pointless, creative though. A Magnemite copy.
    Pink thing: Finally, an ant eater. Not a fan per say, but I do like the idea of having an early Psychic... that isn't ABRA! OMG this IS actually a reinvention, I don't think Zubat will be pestering us anymore xD Aldo, the flowers suggest it'll evolve to Grass/Psychic.

The trio: HIDEOUS!!!!!!! I do like what they did with the Electric Zebra though, a great way to use the animal. Those three are my only disappointment to date.

Professor: HOT! Love you Gamefreak! :P

I love the Random Battle idea, they should have had this with the 4th Gen, looking forward to using it.

I hope we still collect Badges though...

Beta or not, enlarged image or not, the Reshiram sprite SUCKS! Still getting Black though, one you've said something, it sticks *sigh*

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Does anybody notice the new type matching? Ground/dark! It belongs to that crocidile pokemon. I thought that was pretty cool to point out lol

Pichu_War

Pichu from Johto
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    the ape thing looks like a digimon or something from megaman to me, and the zebra was in the scan that showed pokemon white's box cover. (it was at the top, u only see the body)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Not a big fan of the Crocodile and Gear designs, the rest I think look awesome, especially the Ape and Zebra. That Chinchilla Pokemon is adorable.

Glad to finally see a female professor too! That's rather awesome. The new Pokedex is cool too, almost has a retro feel to it, looks like an old Gameboy.

Mujahid

Years
    So the croc will be weak to ice,grass,water,bug and fighting..and will be immune to psychic and electric..and will resist poinson,rock,dark and ghost...interesting

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I like all of them except the Pig and the crocodile! I think the zebra looks cool and i LUV the Chinchilla!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Freaky, is it because of the world cup? That would be kinda cool if it was lol. Well some of the pokemon can tell you what kind of enviroment the Isshu region is. Im thinking it could be a tropical, sahara, with some urban in it. I guess its a mixed enviroment region like how sinnoh was

Due to the world cup? Doubting it. Nintendo/GF probably planned this ages ago, well the order of Pokemon not to coincide with anything important.

...if that makes sense. Probably predetermined order, just probably a coincidence. Besides, it's from CoroCoro, they aren't given all the new Pokemon straight away (I think), they release them as they go... and it just ended up like that I guess.

...Yeah idk but unlikely. XD;

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    I LOVE THEM.

I love all of them. Especially Hihidaruma (Flaming Pokemon) and Meguroko (Crocodile Pokemon)!!!!! Well Munna is weird I thought it would be a Grass type...But I think they are cool and I want to see their evolutions RIGHT NOW!!! Unless Hihidaruma doesn't have one. That would be cool.

I did like the Female Professor, I was glad they broke out of the mold.

I'm sorry, but I've been looking at Munna for a little bit and it looks like a piggy bank to me. Not gonna get that...

I'm gonna get Meguroko, Hihidaruma, Mijumaru (That's right I decided), and maybe Mamepato depending on what it evolves into.

Last edited:
    Back