• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] New Pokémon Speculation!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Some other ideas are pokemon inspired by Chess Pieces. in Unova, we got Pawniard, Bisharp and Escavalier. Pawniard and Bisharp are based on the Pawn and Bishop. While Escavalier reminds me of the Knight, So I'd love to see a pokemon based on a Rook, Although we do have Stakataka, I don't think it is close enough to be considered a Rook.

King and Queen would be a bit more difficult to depict, but maybe they could get something to work. Maybe a Scepter and Crown pokemon could depict them.

Maybe we could also get a pokemon inspired by a Wizard.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
With the lack of fossil pokemon in Alola, I'd love to see 3 new fossil lines. I think every generation is the same for me, but these are the ones I am hoping for,

Parasaurolophus, which is my favorite dinosaur.
Spinosaurus
Stegosaurus
Ankylosaurus which would match extremely well with 'Shield'
Triceratops which would match well with 'Sword'

Plesiosaurus would be good for a Loch Ness Monster, but I think it needs to just be a Legendary and not a fossil.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
This may have been brought up earlier in the thread, but what do you guys want this gen's pseudo-legendary to be?

Even though I'm kinda sick of Dragons being the pseudos, I think a mecha dragon based one would be pretty cool.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Haven't seen this mentioned as much as it was last gen, but: Maybe we'll finally get a true dolphin Pokémon?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I wonder if there will be a blacksmith Pokemon? Probably a steel type. There's so much potential for medieval themes because of the UK's rich history. I wouldn't be surprised if Pawniard and Bisharp lare native to Galar. Would they go all out and have complete a chessboard with Pokemon that represented each piece?

I loved the Alolan Forms so I wouldn't mind if there were some new varieties of existing Pokemon too.

I think it is possible, and sorry I didn't realize someone had already suggest this. But I guess we had the same idea. Technically we have 3 pieces already as Escavalier I think is also supposed to be based on the Knight or Lance in Shogi. So I don't know if we would be another knight.

King and Queen could be a scepter and crown I guess. Not sure exactly how they would depict a King and Queen in pokemon. Not sure how they could depict a Chess Rook either.

Haven't seen this mentioned as much as it was last gen, but: Maybe we'll finally get a true dolphin Pokémon?
I hope for this as well, but it looks like there will be a lack of coastal waters, so I don't know if we will have many salt water pokemon.

Bastiodon is a ceratopsian, @IcyIce. Might I suggest Therizinosaurus instead?
I have never heard of that dino before, but it does look really awesome and would match a sword as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 29, 2020
I think it is possible, and sorry I didn't realize someone had already suggest this. But I guess we had the same idea. Technically we have 3 pieces already as Escavalier I think is also supposed to be based on the Knight or Lance in Shogi. So I don't know if we would be another knight.

King and Queen could be a scepter and crown I guess. Not sure exactly how they would depict a King and Queen in pokemon. Not sure how they could depict a Chess Rook either.

Base it off of a Rook (bird, native to the UK) with something in the design to suggest it's a relation to chess.

Perhaps Flying/Steel, with the wings in a defensive suggesting position, as the rook in chess is also known as a castle. Not a common typing so far either, and carries on with all the 'chess Pokemon' having steel as a typing.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I had a few more ideas.

Some more Pokémon based off of Yokai, I know Yokai Watch is a thing, but still...

A black cat Pokémon, I'm surprised this hasn't been done.

More Pokémon based off of Australian wildlife would be swell.

Years
Kalos had tons of Mega evolutions for species first discovered in old generations' regions.
Alola had several new forms for species first discovered in Kanto.
It won't be a surprise if Galar has something similar.
Personally I would love to see some Galar forms of previously discovered species. I highly doubt we will have anymore Mega evolutions but I stick to the hope...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Another animal I'd like to see get a pokemon is a Peacock. I don't know if it will match Galar, but I think have 2 peacock pokemon as Flying/Fairy or something would be awesome.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2022
Every gen they introduce something new and honestly I can only be truly satisfied with the new dex if they bring everything back.

- A bunch of new evolution and pre-evolutions for old pokémon like Gen 4
- 100+ originals kind of like Gen 5 (ok, that might be a bit too much)
- Megas like gen 6
- Galarian forms like gen 7
- At least 2 new eeveelutions

But that's not going to happen, we are probably getting that Armor Evolution crap so they can make another damn Charizard.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
Rock/Steel pokemon based on the sword in the stone
Water/Steel pokemon based on Excalibur

And then for balance some pokemon based on famous/mythical shields idk

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have done mythical creatures and land animals as well as birds so far, so I figured I should do one more list of plants and water based pokemon. Depending on where the map goes, we might not have much salt water based pokemon, so if I include any, it won't be many.

Pike - This would be the fish pokemon of the generation, Sometimes we will get 2, however we have been lacking in fish pokemon for a few generations now.

Football fish - Although they normally don't live in colder water, I think this could be a great fish pokemon given the fact that it is called a football fish.

Greenland Shark - This pokemon wouldn't be a stand alone, but it would go perfect with the Galar Region, it could be a cold shark instead of a dark like SHarpedo, so maybe Ice/Steel or something. I guess the Pike could be the pre evolution of this pokemon.

Narwhal - Another good cold water artic life.

Beluga - Because LGPE had the code name Beluga, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Beluga in these games.

I tried to avoid seals this time around, as I think we have plenty. Walrus is the same way, but I think we could afford to get another one. Now on to plants. Honestly almost any plant could be used, so I am going to focus on native planks. Even if they are native, it seems unlikely that they are going back to flower pokemon. As we haven't had any. They missed the perfect chance in Alola to make a Hibiscus pokemon which they didn't, So not gonna make this list as big at the artic water pokemon.

Snowdrop
Primrose
Mistletoe
Honeysuckle

I would also love to see another line based on a fruit similar to Cherubi and Bounsweet. I think an Apricot pokemon would be a great idea for a line. As well as a berry pokemon. I'd love to see a pokemon that looks like a berry or has a ton of berries growing on it similar to Tropius.

Gingerbread I think could also make a great pokemon if done correctly. I know it isn't a plant, but since the Galar Region is cold, I am also grabbing ideas that usually show up around the holidays.

Years
Volevolt (Electric rodent)

It has 3 different forms, and typings, depending on its habitat:
Ground/Electric (based on bank voles)
Grass/Electric (based on field voles)
Water/Electric (based on water voles)

Ability:
Lightning Tail
same as Lightning Rod, but also boosts Electric moves. (The way Flash Fire does)

Signature Move:
Zapping Tail
80 power - Physical damage - 30% paralysis chance.
If the user absorbed electricity (Lightning Rod / Volt Absorb / Charge) it has 100% paralysis chance.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
With there being so much snow and a colder region, I am hoping for a Snowy Owl line. I love Owls and I'd love for the regional bird to be similar to Talonflame and not being Normal/Flying.

I would say an arctic wolf, but with the legendaries appearing to be wolves. I don't see that happening, but maybe one of the could be part Ice type.

I'd love to see a Black bear line to complete the different types of bears as well.
I'd love a snowy owl Pokemon or an arctic wold. I'm not hoping the logo Pokemon end up being arctic wolves

Just give us new pokemon that are evos of old pokemon. I miss that
I really miss this. I was annoyed at Gen 5/6/7 and not adding any other than Sylveon, but looking back I guess they were running out of Pokemon to evolve. Now they've got three generations to pull from, so I'm really hoping something comes of it.

If we get new fossils, I want to see one of them based on a triceratops. Maybe make it Rock/Electric?
I'm really hoping that they'll make ankylosaur and stegosaur fossil Pokémon for this generation. They haven't really been done before.
As someone whose just come off a Jurassic Park binge, I'd love if the fossils were based off a Stegosaurus, Triceratops or an Ankylosaurus

I was thinking of another Elephant Pokémon, we haven't had one since the Phanpy line.
I know it's not 100% the same, but we had Mamoswine and the Munna lines which are pretty close to elephants (mammoth and tapir)

A gargoyle pokemon.
Rock/Flying or Rock/Dragon type.
please let there be a gargoyle pokemon that changes form
Oh my I'd love an actual gargoyle Pokemon being Rock/Dragon. Having an ability to switch between forms (like Darmanitan) would be so cool

As for my own preferences, I'm not really up to date with UK wildlife, but after googling, I'd like to see Pokemon based off an Orca Whale, Eagle, Platypus (yes I know it's Australian but that fake from over a year ago still sits strong with me), Puffin, and a Yak. Even though we already have Lapras, I'd love to see a Lochness Monster inspired Pokemon.

I also just came across this Deviant Art user and oh my god they have so many great ideas I'd love for so many of them to happen!
https://www.deviantart.com/smiley-fakemon/gallery/

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
I just had an idea whilst playing Monster Hunter for a new Pokemon

It would be a basic grass type based off a sheep, I found this idea on google. Then it would evolve and turn more fighting-esque, and look like Duramboros. In my head it's got more of the structure of Breloom - taller posture, more fighting like arms, strong legs, and the tail a lot smaller, but still have that "club" feel to it

Spoiler:

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Hmmm i have some:

Spaceworld baby pokemon
Two new eeveelutions
Dawn stone evolution of female Kirlia and male Snorunt
Fossil pokemon : Cave bear and Eohippus

To be upgraded

Back