• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] New Pokémon Speculation!

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
Kinds of pokemon I want to see the most.

British Bulldog Pokemon - Would love to see a small wrinkly dog pokemon.
A psychic pokemon that has special time powers and abilities. Maybe wars sand shoes and a blue suit.
The marijuana pokemons sativio and indicia.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't want to get people's hopes up or anything, but it seems like Game Freak did it again. In Kalos we had Espurr and in Alola we had Rockruff in the first trailer. It was only for a split second or back turned.

But in the first trailer, it looks like a new pokemon is hidden in the background. HDvee pointed this out after a viewer sent him a picture. I figured this was the best place to put this.

CTSh3w1.png

There is no pokemon that looks like this. Zorua and Zoroark have the same colors, but the shape is off. To me this looks like a Black/Red Horse, which is very likely we will get another Horse Pokemon in Galar. It is too out of place to be a flower and disconnected from the gate. You can see the neck mane which is black, the red part which is similar to Ponyta's top and Blitzle's top. You can also see the ear poking out. So I am certain this is a new pokemon.

Now remember this may not be anything, but due to the fact they have done it with Espurr and Rockruff in the first trailer for their generations, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
I rewatched the trailer and it does not seem to move from the gate, so I think it might just be something attached to the gate. It could be a sign depicting a pokemon, but it looks to not be detached from the gate.

As far as any other clues.. has there been any numbers besides 227 (trailer date) hinted that could depict the number of pokemon we will get or the final number of pokemon in pokedex?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
lmao the thread icon! Glorious.

I really want a Corgi pokémon, haha! It will likely be Normal type, or perhaps Fairy since you could maybe consider royalty to be Fairy like in a way? Okay that did sound weird, but still. A Corgi fairy!!

I am hoping the cat-like Pokemon would be an fighting-type that is black cat.
I would rather want a British Shorthair pokémon :3 Super lazy cat with stubby face and high HP. Like a mini-Snorlax haha. Could evolve to become a fairy or dark type (or maybe split evo and both?)

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
I am hoping that the pikachu, marill, plusle, pachirisu, emolga, dedenne, togedemaru of the game is a jackalope.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
Probably mythical Pokemon like Griffins, Hydra, Chimeras, Horse-men (Like Motaro from Mortal Kombat), etc. I say that due to the sword & Shield theme, sounds knightly, or Fire Emblem -esque.

Cid

Years
I want something based on a binturong. It has to have a buttered popcorn smell as well; the Pokédex has adapted crazier things from real-life animals.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Something like a Burrowing Owl would be neat! Like a tiny owl Pokémon that's Flying/Ground. :')

I'd also like to see some kind of cuttlefish Pokémon, who's main shtick could be crazy color / texture / possibly type changing, depending on the environment. So like Water/Ghost in a graveyard, or Water/Electric in a power plant, etc.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Llama or an alpaca! It came to mind that we haven't had those but have seen other farmyard animals (cows, horses, donkeys, sheep, goats...)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 29, 2020
How smug am I allowed to be about pretty much describing Corviknight earlier in this thread, purely as an idea of how to do a Rook to carry on the chess theme?

(Post #49)

My only bit wrong was they based it on a raven, not a rook (bird) but I think both species are related.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
I am hoping wooloo evolves into an air bison ... appa from Avatar: last air bender

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
According to Serebii.net, another new Pokemon was shown in the trailer, but not officially revealed yet. By the looks of things, it'll be a black and yellow squirrel. It'll be officially revealed during the E3.

I lowkey expect this thing to be Electric/Dark. I hope it won't be a Pikaclone.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
According to Serebii.net, another new Pokemon was shown in the trailer, but not officially revealed yet. By the looks of things, it'll be a black and yellow squirrel. It'll be officially revealed during the E3.

I lowkey expect this thing to be Electric/Dark. I hope it won't be a Pikaclone.

Haven't we had a Pika-Clone since basically forever? Pikachu started it. Pichu was its pre-evolved form in Generation 2. Plusle and Minun in Generation 3. Pachurisu in Generation 4, Emolga for Generation 5, Dedenne for Generation 6 and finally Togedemaru in Generation 7. I would think its a strong possibility that its a Pika-Clone.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
I think we might get a Dolphin this Gen. Maybe Water/Fairy.

Maybe an Orca Pokémon aswell as Water/Dark.

A Bison coud be introduced too, which would be Normal type.

Also Dragon Types needs to be more than one evolution line and atleast one Lion family.

A Loch Ness Monster Pokémon aswell.

An Dragon Type Eevee would be awesome.

Years
I think we might get a Dolphin this Gen. Maybe Water/Fairy.

Maybe an Orca Pokémon aswell as Water/Dark.

A Bison coud be introduced too, which would be Normal type.

Also Dragon Types needs to be more than one evolution line and atleast one Lion family.

A Loch Ness Monster Pokémon aswell.

An Dragon Type Eevee would be awesome.

Kyogre, Bouffalant, Pyroar, Lapras...

Back