• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon, Ultra Beasts and Alolan Raticate revealed

blue

gucci
Years
  • Ultra Beasts, Aether Foundation, and more revealed for Pokemon Sun & Moon!

The latest trailer for Pokemon Sun & Moon has provided a handful of new information!

• Ultra Beasts are revealed to be a new game mechanic. The first that we know of is "Type: Null"
    • The Aether Foundation are a group in Alola rivalling Team Skull

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Yo okay I was like

Finally a character design I can get behind (the new Team Skull guy)

Then I see that ADULT DEXIO AND SINA ARE IN THE GAME

And I'm just

New Pokémon, Ultra Beasts and Alolan Raticate revealed

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • This is a really good trailer in the sense that it raises more questions than it answers.
    We know more about the plot (we know what the artificial island is about), but it looks like the plot will be HUGE!
    I wonder what are the Ultra Beasts and their roles, I'm also wondering if there will be more Pokémons like Type: Null.

Two new character revealed today look a lot like Lillie, are they siblings?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Yo okay I was like

Finally a character design I can get behind (the new Team Skull guy)

Then I see that ADULT DEXIO AND SINA ARE IN THE GAME

And I'm just

New Pokémon, Ultra Beasts and Alolan Raticate revealed

Being adults, doesnt it confirm that the new games r set a few years ahead of Kalos??

Years
  • I was so confused that the pokemon's name was Type:Null; I thought they were introducing a new pokemon type!

18 is enough, thank you ;_;

Jangmo-o is very cute though, and I like whatever that UB-001 thing is. Kinda cool looking!

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Thanks for posting, was looking around for this!

I like the new monsters, first one looks cool and Jangmo-o is pretty darn cute.

Otherwise, what in the world? What are ultra beasts? What is this Aether Foundation doing for us? Does this mean Pokemon Sun is ONLY set during the daytime and Moon is only nighttime? Or do they still cycle but just 12 hours separately from one another?

Alolan Raticate is just...terrible.

Years
  • I really like Jangmo-o, so far I'd been pretty disappointed with the Dragon Pokemon of Alola, but I'll definitely be having this little guy on my team. Type: Null is a weird one, I'm not quite sure what I make of it and although we know very little about Ultra Beasts atm, I don't know how I feel about them either.

But from the Japanese trailer the game looks absolutely stunning and some of the locations shown just look so good, I think without a doubt this is going to be the most beautiful Pokemon game ever.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Well that was unexpected.

It's fair to say I hadn't a clue what I was looking at for most of the video. The designs look interesting. I like the jellyfish thing.

Oh and I'm totally calling the Aether Foundation as the real villains. I don't trust that Lusamine one bit.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • As of now, the most bizarre trailer of Sun and Moon. We have a normal Pokémon, Jangmo-o, a weird...thing Type: Null, a Raticate with extremely big cheeks, some light on the artificial island, and...a jellyfish?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Ok... are Ultra Beasts new pokemon.... or something else? I really have no idea at all. I do like how there is a second team, but this trailer makes little to no sense.

Also this doesn't confirm these games take place far after Kalos. We were Chibi in XY and there were no teen models, they were either teen/adults or children in most cases. This could be just because the models are different.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In the Japanese trailer it shows Gladion using type:null, and the strange Jellyfish coming to the Aether Foundation through a different dimension. Also Hala uses Crabrawler.

Back