• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Possible. That theory is probably formed from the fact that some people think that it is a pre evolution of Zangoose, and I really don't think that is it. It doesn't really look like Zangoose at all and I don't think it be catchable in the wild that early if it was new. Most pre evolution have to be breed to get unless it is something like Friend Safari or Mr. Backlot's Garden in Sinnnoh. I think that is his name.

With the mongoose being introduced to get rid of rodents and what not in Hawaii a while ago, it could be a new mouse or rat pokemon, which we honestly haven't have a really rat or mouse since first generation.

I do think we will get a snake pokemon though. We got snakes in 1st, 3rd, and 5th gens. Even though in 5th Gen, it was one of the starters.

No, all of the discussions I saw said mostly that it may have contained the name of a new Pokemon since it was a real world equivalent to why the asian mongoose was brought to Hawaii. Any mentioning of Zangoose was shot down. So it may have contained the name of another rodent like Pokemon that we have yet to see.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I can see if it is a natural enemy to a species (mouse or rat) pokemon it would not want to reveal it.. probably next month..

I am thinking we will start to see some new watermons pop up next reveal.. maybe the anticipated dolphin every one seems to want

I cannot wait to see the fossil pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    My least favorite out of every Pokemon revealed so far is Grubbin. I guess I like the mythical Pokemon that they revealed even less... I don't hate any of them though.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Yungoos is so cute I cannot even! I am so adding him into my team alongside Popplio!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I really don't have a favorite yet. I do love flying types a lot, so Pikipek is probably my favorite right now. I loved mostly all the Unova Bugs. Grubbin will probably become part electricity. So I am really interested in seeing its evolutions.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    My only hope for Pikipek is that it doesn't evolve into something crappy like Unfezant. :<

It is possibly that they will be similar. Because what Pikipek is possibly based on, an Imperial Woodpecker, The female and male looks different. While the males have a red crest, the females have a black crest. I actually really liked Unfezant. Not my favorite bird type, but better than a lot of the other flying types in the games. But I guess it was the worst looking bird in Gen 5.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    This bird was posted a while ago as a possible seperate pokemon, though I still think it would be a good evolution for Pikipek. Though I kinda wish Pikipek was like its fan-art guesses, a bit thicker.
    Frigate Bird or this I'iwi Bird

If the latter, maybe mixed with the 'Akepa, it's beak could evolve to be a drill instead of a pecker.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    Eh... Currently I hate Yungoos. It's that stupid mouth that really kills me. Maybe it'll grow on me though. Maybe. But probably not.

As for the other two, Pikipek is the most adorable thing and I love it, and Grubbin... Hopefully it will evolve into something good. It looks fine for a first-stage bug.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Yo guys. I was going over corocoro again and some things serebii didn't mention were pointed out by Pokejungle. I have posted similar things in another thread for specific pokemon that we already know.

~ In addition, the magazine mentions that the Alola Region is full of many new Pokémon species!

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    In addition, the magazine mentions that the Alola Region is full of many new Pokémon species!

Yes! Lots of new pokemon confirmed! That puts rest to my worries about it only introducing 60 new pokemon like Kalos.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Although I am pretty sure you are right, I would be weary still. However, not sure Corocoro would have said something like that if there wasn't at least more than Kalos. I can't remember what they said, if they said anything, with BW and XY.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It would be nice to believe that they do mean a lot of new Pokemon, but it could just be a turn of phrase that actually represents a number that they would consider a large amount i.e 70 like with Kalos. The only reason why I'm thinking the number won't be as high as previous generations is because of how the Pokedex seems to be comprised of older Pokemon so far. We saw a similar thing in X/Y with plenty of past gen mons returning which would make sense to make up for the lack of "larger" number of new Pokemon people were expecting. Ledyba is #020 on the MeleMele dex which indicates it may well have a similar structure to that of the Kalos Pokedex. I would love more Pokemon sure, I'm just expecting a similar number of new species of about 60-80.

Years
    It would be nice to believe that they do mean a lot of new Pokemon, but it could just be a turn of phrase that actually represents a number that they would consider a large amount i.e 70 like with Kalos. The only reason why I'm thinking the number won't be as high as previous generations is because of how the Pokedex seems to be comprised of older Pokemon so far. We saw a similar thing in X/Y with plenty of past gen mons returning which would make sense to make up for the lack of "larger" number of new Pokemon people were expecting. Ledyba is #020 on the MeleMele dex which indicates it may well have a similar structure to that of the Kalos Pokedex. I would love more Pokemon sure, I'm just expecting a similar number of new species of about 60-80.

Like you said, since the Alola Dex is already confirmed to house older Pokemon and the fact that Game Freak are likely to have Pokemon from every generation included somewhere, it gives me the impression we may get a small number of new Pokemon again. The 72 we had for Kalos was considered by the fans as "too small" so maybe 80-90 would make for a more solid number that would be able to also accommodate older Pokemon in the four regional Dex sections.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    Currently, I want Litten, Grubbin(!), and Iwanko !!
    but for I guess "new pokemon" I'm getting vibe that we'll get a new form of castform.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    80 to 90 is still considered small. And I still don't like the number. I really don't like using old pokemon and honestly, I really don't like seeing them in the wild. When its a new game. I want to see new pokemon. Not old ones. I don't want to use old ones.

I am still holding out for 112 at least. People didn't start to complain about the number until Unova and Kalos. Too many and then too few. They need to hit in the middle of 72 and 156. Which is 114. That would bring us to 835 total. And the 114 shouldn't include forms or megas.

Years
    80 to 90 is still considered small. And I still don't like the number. I really don't like using old pokemon and honestly, I really don't like seeing them in the wild. When its a new game. I want to see new pokemon. Not old ones. I don't want to use old ones.

I am still holding out for 112 at least. People didn't start to complain about the number until Unova and Kalos. Too many and then too few. They need to hit in the middle of 72 and 156. Which is 114. That would bring us to 835 total. And the 114 shouldn't include forms or megas.

It all comes down to how many Pokemon will be in each segment of the regional Dex, and like you said most of us like using a team of only new Pokemon from the new generation and with Kalos' new Pokemon roster being "too small" most of us who only wanted to use the new guys all ended up using the same teams most of the time.

114 would be a good middle ground number, but 120 new Pokemon for Alola could also work. The fact if new Megas for both older and newer Pokemon are getting introduced is kinda questioning me at the moment because the new bracelet shown in the protagonist artwork is making me seem to imply that Megas are gone.

Talon Flare

Learning to break kayfabe
    Years
    Don't underestimate Grubbin. He might evolve into a bad-ass bug.

Also I would like to see a frying pan Pokemon just for the lulz.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    The official site says that Grubbin can be found near power plants because it loves electricity. This makes me think it might evolve to have an Electric typing, but I also wonder about a Ground typing because it's also said to dig underground.

I wonder when the dog and koala will show up on the site? It's kinda strange to me that they haven't shown up on the official site, although I do remember Serebii stating a while back that particular issue of CoroCoro was supposed to have "exclusive" info about SM. Does that mean the dog and koala won't be up in the official site and were only meant to show up in CoroCoro like they did?

Back