• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Sirfetch’d

I'm worried Bruxish might not end up being very powerful. Fish often seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to power. (Basculin, Lumineon, Seaking etc)

Hopefully it'll evolve. (or at least be an evolution of another Pokemon)

I actually have high hopes for it. It's ability, Dazzle, is arguably one of the best new abilities we have seen yet. Making priority moves useless gives it a huge advantage against Sucker Punch users. It also has a really good typing naturally. Usually the regional fish are neglected with a single water typing. Not too sure if it will be an attacker or a tank, hard to tell right now, but I do think we'll be surprised with this mon.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I really like Grubbins final evo. If its stats and movepool are decent enough (basically, not being like beedrill/butterfree/dustox/etc...) I might use it in my team.

I think I missed something... Charjabug and Vikavolt are evolutions of Grubbin? I thought they were separate Pokmon from Grubbin.

Sirfetch’d

I think I missed something... Charjabug and Vikavolt are evolutions of Grubbin? I thought they were separate Pokmon from Grubbin.

Based on appearance, typing, etc I think it is safe to assume that they are indeed the evolutions of Grubbin.(it might have even been confirmed, not sure.)

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Based on appearance, typing, etc I think it is safe to assume that they are indeed the evolutions of Grubbin.(it might have even been confirmed, not sure.)

But both Grubbin and Charjabug appear to be larvae Pokémon, it wouldn't make sense to have one evolve into another. What if Grubbin and Charjabug are version-exclusives? I don't think we've come across one of those yet.

Years
    But both Grubbin and Charjabug appear to be larvae Pokémon, it wouldn't make sense to have one evolve into another. What if Grubbin and Charjabug are version-exclusives? I don't think we've come across one of those yet.

They don't seem to be version-exclusive, since I believe Charjabug looks like it evolves from Grubbin as its cocoon-like stage, before eventually evolving into Vikavolt.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    They don't seem to be version-exclusive, since I believe Charjabug looks like it evolves from Grubbin as its cocoon-like stage, before eventually evolving into Vikavolt.

That is a good point, Charjabug does seem more like a cocoon stage than a larvae stage due to the lack of movement in battle. And thinking back on Grubbin's description on the website, they can be found near power plants where they feed off of electricity. I've been planning on having a Bug for the first time on my team, and I picked Grubbin as a possible candidate, which is awesome now that I know it will possibly evolve into Vikavolt, which would also take up my usual Electric-type slot that I have had in all my teams thus far.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
    Loving all the new Pokémon so far, and out of this batch— even if Bruxish is a little scary hehe, still has its own charm. Loving Cutiefly, Tapu Koko, and Drampa the most though! Bug/Fairy, Electric/Fairy, and Normal/Dragon?! Yes please! Cutiefly's a cutie (it's in the name, heh!) and Tapu Koko + Drampa are both really cool. Looking forward to hear more about these guys and see the English release, which we'll most likely see tomorrow?

As for animals I wanna see, we already got a koala so that's actually one out of my list, but I wanna see a Betta fish (I think someone in the past had already brought it up), some more birds (the black/umbrella cockatoo comes to mind, as well as some of the really rare exotic birds out there— though I doubt we'll see lots of birds hehe. I can only dream!), a dolphin Pokémon and a tiger (not a young tiger like I assume Litten is, but rather an adult tiger aha. Very likely we'll see one for Litten!). =')
    For types I wanna see, Normal/Dragon, Bug/Fairy, and Electric/Fairy were chopped out with this recent new Pokés batch, but I hope that we'll see Fairy/Dragon (besides Mega Altaria, as much as I adore M-Altaria we need a Pokémon that's that type to begin with and not a Mega!), Fire/Fairy, Fire/Grass, and Dark/Fairy. ;v; Ghost/Fairy too!

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Rockruff will evolve into a wolf or dire wolf it would seem. The info from the English Site says that as it grows, it begins to howl, a sign that it will soon evolve. Once it does, it seems to go away, but returns once it is fully evolved.

Komala seems to be given the log by its parents, so that tells me it will evolve. But I am not sure if it will gain a typing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Komala looks like it does sleeping style kicking moves.. It would be funny if it evolved into a Drunkola that fights in Drunken style fighting (like Spinda , but better)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Komala looks like it does sleeping style kicking moves.. It would be funny if it evolved into a Drunkola that fights in Drunken style fighting (like Spinda , but better)

I was actually thinking this to be honest. Drunken Monkey Style, but in this case, bear. I still hope it isn't a fighting though. Although I wouldn't mind. I love fighting types.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I really want a lock pokemon that changes form if you have a kelfki in your party. It could lose some defense, but maybe gain a lot of attack.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Not really a fan of a Lock Pokemon. But who knows. They have made other things into amazing pokemon.

After typing a ton of stuff in order to plan a Pokemon Fanfic. I have noticed some things from generation to generation. And I think I mentioned way back at the start or in XY.

In a prediction or general wants, I counted to see what types we might get. But I think that was a bad choice, as it limits a prediction. And even though it is nearly impossible to predict what we will get 100%, I going to make this prediction based on Evolution Lines. Instead of pokemon in general. This does not take into account Legends or Megas. And when I say pokemon lines, they don't even have to evolve. I consider Shuckle a bug line. Also this only counts the final evolution of said line. The pokemon before it, do not have to have the same typing. This also takes into consideration of duel typings, so something like Vikavolt would be considered bug and elec.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    I love almost every Pokemon they've revealed, except Grubbin and Magearna. To me they all seem like a Pokemon and they all fit together.

Years
    I didn't see this trailer coming at all, especially because I don't recall any hint to a new trailer so it is definitely a big surprise to see.

But damn, Salandit is so cool! We all wanted a Poison/Fire Pokemon for a very long time plus its new ability Corrosion can bypass immunities to Poison meaning that it can afflict Poison status on anything, even Poison and Steel-types which usually can't get affected with it.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I didn't see this trailer coming at all, especially because I don't recall any hint to a new trailer so it is definitely a big surprise to see.

But damn, Salandit is so cool! We all wanted a Poison/Fire Pokemon for a very long time plus its new ability Corrosion can bypass immunities to Poison meaning that it can afflict Poison status on anything, even Poison and Steel-types which usually can't get affected with it.

This was exactly how Honedge was revealed. Many people expected a new pokemon today XD

As for the new Pokemon, Gamefreak once again gives a massive middlefinger to today's meta by introducing Saladit and Corrosion. Poisoning Poison and Steel types, while could have been done in the past through exploit, shows that Poison and Steel types are no longer immune to Poison damage, but still immune to poison attacks outside of corrosion. Opens a door for Paralysis on Electric Types and Burn on Fire Types as other potential changes.

First Poison/Fire type too!

Years
    This was exactly how Honedge was revealed. Many people expected a new pokemon today XD

As for the new Pokemon, Gamefreak once again gives a massive middlefinger to today's meta by introducing Saladit and Corrosion. Poisoning Poison and Steel types, while could have been done in the past through exploit, shows that Poison and Steel types are no longer immune to Poison damage, but still immune to poison attacks outside of corrosion. Opens a door for Paralysis on Electric Types and Burn on Fire Types as other potential changes.

First Poison/Fire type too!

I didn't hear anything about a new Pokemon being hinted at, but I recall there was an event in France that Masuda was visiting which was the same event that previously revealed Honedge, but I didn't hear anyone talking about it on the internet.

Still, I think Corrosion is definitely going to be another anti-metagame ability like Bruxish's Dazzling and Komala's Comatose.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Salandit has a bad guy feel to him through and through. The marking on its back looks like a diagram of magma pools in the Earth and release path up to the tail. Interesting pokemon indeed. Komala still won't be poisoned by it due to comatose, but Really creative ability.

And look at the cool background of molten lava

Back