• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    That's old news. It could be an anime exclusive, or story exclusive appearance.

Tapu Koko is yellow like melemele's name implies. I hope the other three aren't just color swaps of it like the Kami trio were...

I feel that Tapu Koko is based on the war god out of the four tiki gods. It looks like a warrior with shields. I can also imagine it bringing those "shields" together and taking on the shapw of a spear (with the point on it's head being the tip).

Last edited:

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
    Holy hell! IF these are fake, then they're the realest fakes I've ever seen. Not only screenshots, but ingame footgae with attack animations - wow.
    So, Electric/Bug for the Grubbin line, eh? Not a fan of the cocoon stage, but the Stage 2 looks very nice. I hope it gets Levitate.
    Bruxish has an interesting ability, but that design is...special.
    Definitely not a fan of Cutiefly...
    Drampa is pretty cool. Being a dragon-type fanboy helps :D
    And Tapu Koko ist VERY cool. Can't wait to get to know it's typing and stuff.
    Edit: Oh, and there's apparently also the PikaClone called Togodemaru. Not a fan either.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    They're all great. I love how westernized the designs are, they aren't afraid to go for goofy and dopey looking Pokemon.

Drampa and Bruxish are the Pokemon to end all Pokemon. Good designs.

Years
    They're all great. I love how westernized the designs are, they aren't afraid to go for goofy and dopey looking Pokemon.

Drampa and Bruxish are the Pokemon to end all Pokemon. Good designs.
    For me those two you mentioned are my least favorite thus far. The others feel like they fit better with what we've seen thus far design wise (of the Gen VII mons, well some even remind me of Gen V and Gen VI mons).
    I have a feeling that Drampa will end up being a one stage Pokémon that will end up in UU or NU...but hopefully I'm wrong.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    They're all ugly except the tiny bug thing. That looks way too small for Pokemon but whatever. Everything else just looks as ugly to me as Barbaracle. Yungoos and Pikipek were ok, dog and koala were awesome, legendaries were -ok-, Magearna was great and starters were fine (except Litten) BUT these just feel awkward. :c Not a huge initial fan of the designs. Maybe if they were still in the old pixel format... :(

OH and the fish is cool. I'm cool with it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019
    This reminds me of black and white wherea lot of the designs seemed so weird at first but then grew on people. I thought bisharp was absolutely ridiculous andyhen one day all of a sudden it became one of my top 3 pokemon. I'm a huge fan of tapu koko's design and that's the one that immediately convinced me these were real before I even saw the videos. The videos look so legit it's really hard to doubt these leaks. I remember a youtuber said tapu koko probably means something like "sacred chicken". Before I even sawthe name I knew that had to be it.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Welp, there's a leaked video, showcasing new PKMN. Methinks these guys will be revealed on July 1st, but they got leaked instead?

Spoilers.

Spoiler:

Are the bugs seen as Grubbin's line? Please please please.

Grampa Dragon looks cute XD I want it.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I can see myself warming to these designs over time, just right now I'm not a fan of most of them. TapuKoko is great but the rest just seem mediocre at best to me. ;;

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    I really like Grubbins final evo. If its stats and movepool are decent enough (basically, not being like beedrill/butterfree/dustox/etc...) I might use it in my team.

The fairy thing is nice too, I hope it evolves though.
    The pika clone, I never really cared for Pachirisu/Emolga/Dedenne, so I'm kinda indifferent to it as well.
    The dragon is kinda odd, but something that will probably grow onto me over time. I'm not a fan of its name though, it makes me think of yo-kai watch. I kina have the feeling it'll be a standalone pokemon without evos though.
    Tapu Koko is really nice. I'm looking forward to the other island guardians now.

Bruxish: nope

Sirfetch’d

I really like Grubbins final evo. If its stats and movepool are decent enough (basically, not being like beedrill/butterfree/dustox/etc...) I might use it in my team.

It looks really strong at least. I'd assume high attack, medium speed stats. The early region bugs have been getting better lately in all honesty. Scolipede and Vivillon are much more useful in battles than some previous ones like Beautifly, Dustox, Beedrill, etc. I hope that trend continues.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    For me those two you mentioned are my least favorite thus far. The others feel like they fit better with what we've seen thus far design wise (of the Gen VII mons, well some even remind me of Gen V and Gen VI mons).
    I have a feeling that Drampa will end up being a one stage Pokémon that will end up in UU or NU...but hopefully I'm wrong.

Personally Drampa and Bruxish are among my favourites of the new ones. (although I might like Tapu Koko slightly more than Bruxish, not sure yet) I'm also not really that interested in the Pokemon fitting better with each other, I want diversity...

Variety is always good though. It just goes to show that there's something for everyone.

I feel kind of let down by Grubbins evolutions though. They're nice and all but Vikavolt doesn't stand out as something I'd want on my team. A shame since (at least up to today) Grubbin was my second favourite after Rowlet.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I love mostly every design shown. Just like BW, I liked mostly every pokemon as soon as it was revealed.

Tapu Koko confirms that the guardians are probably different and will have 3 more of a similar design.

I am not a fan of Charjabug, but the again, most middle stages are usually terrible for bug pokemon as they are cocoons.

I am not a fan of Bruxish, but if it evolves, it could pull a Magikarp and Feebas.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm worried Bruxish might not end up being very powerful. Fish often seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to power. (Basculin, Lumineon, Seaking etc)

Hopefully it'll evolve. (or at least be an evolution of another Pokemon)

Years
    I'm worried Bruxish might not end up being very powerful. Fish often seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to power. (Basculin, Lumineon, Seaking etc)

Hopefully it'll evolve. (or at least be an evolution of another Pokemon)
    I get the feeling that it will be another Basculin in that it'll not have an evolution despite having potential :(.

Back