• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I have no idea what kind of Pokemon will be introduced. Hell, in XY we got FLOATING SWORDS. The only major hope I have is that they add an abundance of new Pokemon, mainly because XY didn't introduce that many new Pokemon compared to previous generations.
    I hope so too. I doubt we'll ever see Unova like numbers, at least for awhile. I just hope that we won't see Kalos numbers for a long time too.

I wouldn't mind that bed sheet ghost coming true xD.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    I hope so too. I doubt we'll ever see Unova like numbers, at least for awhile. I just hope that we won't see Kalos numbers for a long time too.

I wouldn't mind that bed sheet ghost coming true xD.

Well they have been working on this game for a while, and longer then most Pokemon games now'a'days. For all we know, we could be getting 151 new Pokemon. Would kind of be a nice throwback since it's the 20th anniversary?

Years
    Well they have been working on this game for a while, and longer then most Pokemon games now'a'days. For all we know, we could be getting 151 new Pokemon. Would kind of be a nice throwback since it's the 20th anniversary?
    I can only hope so. Perhaps we'll get 4 in game legends, and one event legendary again...
    Or maybe we'll get a number like what was originally intended for RG, which I think was like 180 or so...

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    I can only hope so. Perhaps we'll get 4 in game legends, and one event legendary again...
    Or maybe we'll get a number like what was originally intended for RG, which I think was like 180 or so...

I hope they do it like they did with RSE and DPP, with the Naval Rock Pokemon, Latios/Latias, Mew. Darkrai and Shaymin essentially being on the Map, just not able to be gotten too. I'm pretty sure with newer technology/coding they would be able to prevent hackers and such from gaining access to these areas in their own games (primarily Action Replay users, which I believe you can only edit your save file with the newer ones). That's the reason Darkrai and Shaymin were such a bust, because people just glitched/hacked their way to them within the first few days of release.

Years
    I hope they do it like they did with RSE and DPP, with the Naval Rock Pokemon, Latios/Latias, Mew. Darkrai and Shaymin essentially being on the Map, just not able to be gotten too. I'm pretty sure with newer technology/coding they would be able to prevent hackers and such from gaining access to these areas in their own games (primarily Action Replay users, which I believe you can only edit your save file with the newer ones). That's the reason Darkrai and Shaymin were such a bust, because people just glitched/hacked their way to them within the first few days of release.
    I'll love for legendary location mons. Maybe make them DLC so one can't access them beforehand.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    Of course {:3}. I would imagine that they'll be against paying for DLC to get them all.

There's still room for doubt (sadly) because of the Smash Bros DLC >.< I wouldn't mind paying like $2.50 or something for a Shiny-Locked Pokemon just so I can complete my Shiny collection in the upcoming games. Regardless I am against Paid-DLC for Pokemon games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well , This thing might become the version mascot

New Pokémon

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    I'd like to see Pokemon based on Cryptids. Things like Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Chupacabra, Mothman, Jersey Devil etc.

Also, for a new fish Pokemon, a Giant Sturgeon would be cool.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

I think we need a lot of legendaries. I know people complain about them, but they're exciting to catch, they make the rest of the franchise more livelier and I just like legendaries. It gives a region more meaning if it has deep history I think. A lot of great powers come together to make a world.

Years
    I think we need a lot of legendaries. I know people complain about them, but they're exciting to catch, they make the rest of the franchise more livelier and I just like legendaries. It gives a region more meaning if it has deep history I think. A lot of great powers come together to make a world.

I think this was why I enjoyed Sinnoh and Unova's huge lineup of legendaries, because it gave so much in terms of mystery. Kalos had a bit of a disappointing roster with 6 (and only non-mythical ones were the XYZ trio) so I hope the next region gives us a sizable legendary roster.

Years
    I think Hoenn numbers are fine. If not then a Johto dynamic if they want to keep them low. Hoenn had one 600 bst trio, a mascot trio, a duo, and two event mons making ten in total. Johto had a 600 bst, initial version mascot duo, and one event pokemon for a total of six...same number as XY (btw C came out 13 months after GS and ended that Gen which is the same gap as XY and OrAs, the following year was also had no new games (In Japan I mean)). If we aren't getting third versions or sequels anymore there's little need for a third legend to be connected to the main two.

Snoopyfish

10% Dog - 90% Fish
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    Any dog in particular that you have in mind other than 10% Zygarde?

I would love to see a wolf-like Pokémon, but seeing as the region is tropical, it wouldn't make much sense.
    Maybe a water dog, like a golden or a lab?

Years
    I would love to see a wolf-like Pokémon, but seeing as the region is tropical, it wouldn't make much sense.
    Maybe a water dog, like a golden or a lab?

It's possible. We got a Hyena based mon for tropical Hoenn, not to mention a sculpted ice golem found in a very tropical part of that region.

Don't forget that Kalos, a region based on France, gave us Pancham and Pangoro who are pretty much based on the giant panda, a China-native animal.

Years
    Don't forget that Kalos, a region based on France, gave us Pancham and Pangoro who are pretty much based on the giant panda, a China-native animal.
    Exactly, and that Hoenn, a region based on Kyushu, Japan, gave us a Hyena, and several other creatures whose real world counterparts aren't from Japan, and there's more examples with the other regions too. That's why I am cautious about trusting Pokemon's real world counterparts homes when we're talking about where in the real world the new region might be based on.

Back