• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • May I call for a Puffin Pokemon?

Spoiler:

Look at it. Just look at it. I want it.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So far we've always had:
    Starters
    Legendaries
    Mythicals
    Native bug
    Native Bird
    Native Rodent
    Electric rodent
    psuedo-legendary

some thought for food

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Looks like a Hawaiian woodpecker... or maybe Fletchling is getting a gender difference.

It would have to be a different species. Hawks don't have zygodactyl feet. I'm guessing Woodpecker because it's got a long beak, and hopefully it's grass type, but the red coloration says differently.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • It would be nice to see some Aussie based Pokemon.

Wombat
    Kangaroo (a proper one for Christ's sake)
    Koala
    Echidna

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I want so many combinations with Fairy.

Fairy/Dark especially, due to that fitting perfectly with Moon. But I really want to see a Fairy/Dragon just because that would be both adorable and badass. (Unless they made it some ugly freak of nature. I hope not.) And Fairy/Poison would also be a neat combination. There are just so many things you can do to explore the Fairy-type further - I feel as if the sixth generation was only the beginning.

Also, to me, there can never be enough felines or canines. So I hope we got more of those. And a narwhal Pokemon would be pretty damn awesome too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I hope for at least 100-120 new pokemon. There might be only 79 to complete 800 though...

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • It certainly looks like fossils may be on the cards for us
    I'd think a rock/ fire sabre toothed tiger would be nice.
    And hmmm. A rock ghost that still looks like a fossil?

I also liked the idea for scrafty, so more pokemon based on subcultures?

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I'm not surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but I'm going to throw it out there. One thing I actually wouldn't mind seeing more of is inanimate objects or just plain wacky designs. Part of Pokemon's appeal is that it isn't just based on the animal kingdom; you can get anything, and I'd love to see that creativity shine through in this next generation. Maybe a pen-shaped Pokemon with a rivalry with Honedge, or a malevolent spirit which dwells within a tome. A dark/electric digital trojan horse Pokemon. A wardrobe which swallows people that try to put clothes in it. Sure, these sorts of Pokemon are the ones that draw the most controversy from people, but some of my favourite Pokemon are the ridiculously wacky ones not based on the animal kingdom, and if we're getting a lot of new Pokemon it'd be weird not to have any of these.

...also, a Ghost Eevee. Spookeon. I'm not sorry. I'm also partially hoping for the Four Pokemon of the Apocalypse to come along as well...or an Omega Pokemon to complement Arceus' status as the Alpha Pokemon. Where this is an Alpha, there must also be an Omega. It's...poetic.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2016
    I'd like to see a trio-line koala Pokemon. Maybe Grass & Fairy type.

+ A normal type dog Pokemon who looks exactly like a regular white dog...
    New Pokémon

who evolves into a Ghost & Dark type Anubis!
    New Pokémon

The evolution method would require the Pokemon to die in a way. Maybe to faint in a certain place or while holding a certain item.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I can't believe nobody mentioned a platypus yet, we really need one.
    If not we've got Psyduck for now which is amazing-as. :')
    I'd like to see a trio-line koala Pokemon. Maybe Grass & Fairy type.

+ A normal type dog Pokemon who looks exactly like a regular white dog...

who evolves into a Ghost & Dark type Anubis!

The evolution method would require the Pokemon to die in a way. Maybe to faint in a certain place or while holding a certain item.
    Sounds cool but forcing a Pokemon to die sounds a bit too dark for Pokemon. Maybe holding an item and facing a Ghost-type Pokemon but that's as far as I think they'll go with death.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2016
    Sounds cool but forcing a Pokemon to die sounds a bit too dark for Pokemon. Maybe holding an item and facing a Ghost-type Pokemon but that's as far as I think they'll go with death.
    I don't think that's too dark for Pokemon considering some of the Pokedex entries they have for certain Pokemon lol.
    I guess the term faint would be better.

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    For an idea, since we will probably have a astrological theme for this game, this could be a very nice opportunity for them two add two types of organism:

Photosynthetic-like animals. For example, the bug-type of this region can be based on the pea aphid, which has a photosynthetic like process and can easily be Bug/Electric or Bug/Grass. Even cooler would be one based on the Oriental Hornet, which converts sunlight into electricity by xanthoperin. This could easily be Bug/Electric or Poison/Electric by nature, Poison/Electric being a very interesting type.

The next would be bioluminescent animals. A lot of Water-type animals could fit this perfectly, meaning our standard Water-types could include a Water/Fairy-type or Water/Electric-type. However, this can also extend to some Grass-types as some fungi also glow in the dark. So I say we have a Pokemon based off of a glowworm, a grass-type based on Mycena lucentipes and a Water-type based off of the Tomopteris.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm not surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but I'm going to throw it out there. One thing I actually wouldn't mind seeing more of is inanimate objects or just plain wacky designs. Part of Pokemon's appeal is that it isn't just based on the animal kingdom; you can get anything, and I'd love to see that creativity shine through in this next generation. Maybe a pen-shaped Pokemon with a rivalry with Honedge, or a malevolent spirit which dwells within a tome. A dark/electric digital trojan horse Pokemon. A wardrobe which swallows people that try to put clothes in it. Sure, these sorts of Pokemon are the ones that draw the most controversy from people, but some of my favourite Pokemon are the ridiculously wacky ones not based on the animal kingdom, and if we're getting a lot of new Pokemon it'd be weird not to have any of these.

I don't think we need to worry about inanimate object pokemon suddenly disappearing. People have been getting upset over them for years and game freak hasn't given it a blind bit of notice.

Which is good. I want to see variety in the Pokemon designs.

Back