• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Here are the animals/mythical creatures I'd like to see new Pokemon of:
    - Gryphon
    - Pegasus (maybe a Rapidash mega evolution)
    - Triceratops
    - Stegosaurus
    - Red panda
    - Dolphin
    - Peacock and peahen
    - Macaw
    - Shih Tzu
    - Husky
    - Sugar Glider
    - Donkey
    - Alpaca
    Spinda is a red panda, maybe it could get an evolution, or a Mega.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I saw a bird last year that I thought looked really interesting. It's called the "Kagu" and locals refer to it as the "Ghost of the Forest". So I could see it being a Ghost/Flying type.

Spoiler:

I fell in love with the idea of a Pokemon based off this bird straight away.

Years
  • I wonder what the electric rodent will be this time around. A cabybara? A beaver?

Spinda is a red panda, maybe it could get an evolution, or a Mega.
    Since Spinda doesn't look much like a red panda I think it would be okay for there to be a new 'mon based on the same animal. I don't think it's likely - I don't think it's likely that Spinda gets a Mega in the first place - but I'd be pretty happy if they did introduce a new one that was redder and fluffier looking.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I hate Spinda. But I do love red pandas so a new red panda Pokémon would be awesome. As for other species with existing Pokémon, giraffes and elephants really need better representations than Girafarig and Donphan. They're both like 4ft tall or whatever. I can't believe the Pokémon equivalent of two of the biggest land animals on earth are really small and stubby. Also, an Okapi Pokémon related to Girafarig and a new giraffe Pokémon would be sweet.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • A fairy fossil would be interesting. Hmm, what unique types are left with rock? They've already combined it with Dark, Fire,Water, Grass, Ice... Ah I don't think they've done an electric/rock before. Come to think of it, it'll most likely look awesome...

Oh yeah, there was already a Grass Fossil.

As for what types have yet to be combined with Rock: (This does not include Megas or form changes)
    Poison
    Elec
    Normal
    Ghost

I am expecting us to get another Normal/?? pokemon. We have gotten Normal/Grass, Fire, Elec, Water, and Ground since Sinnoh. Possibly Normal/Poison or Normal/Steel. Although I would love to see a Normal/Ice

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • Well, all I know is we'll probably be getting another Pikachu knock-off Pokemon (Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, and Dedenne). Hopefully it won't look as bad and be useful in competitive.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys, I didn't notice this until I watched TTube's stream. But here is some other pokemon.

This is probably the same bird everyone saw with its wings spread, but here is one with it not moving. Edit: This could also be a different pokemon.

Spoiler:

This may also be another pokemon, but it is really hard to tell.

Spoiler:

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • Hey guys, I didn't notice this until I watched TTube's stream. But here is some other pokemon.

This is probably the same bird everyone saw with its wings spread, but here is one with it not moving.

Spoiler:

This may also be another pokemon, but it is really hard to tell.

Spoiler:

The foot on the second one matches that of the first one :( Hopefully we get more in the next CoroCoro (I think that's spelled right, idk haha) that revolves around new Pokemon. Also we might be seeing another new Pokemon in the upcoming movie aside the new legendary (Like how Weavile was thrown in Lucario/Mew).

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • With the implied climate of this region I pray for a dolphin Pokemon. Please TPC/Game Freak.

Speaking of which...

So over/under on how many new Pokemon we getting this Gen? The even number generations tend to get the lower numbers (100, 107, 72 not counting Megas for Gen II, IV & VI) while the odd number generations tend to get the higher numbers (151, 135, 156 for Gen I, III, V).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • With the implied climate of this region I pray for a dolphin Pokemon. Please TPC/Game Freak.

Speaking of which...

So over/under on how many new Pokemon we getting this Gen? The even number generations tend to get the lower numbers (100, 107, 72 not counting Megas for Gen II, IV & VI) while the odd number generations tend to get the higher numbers (151, 135, 156 for Gen I, III, V).

As I said earlier in here or in another, I think we will still get more than 107, but not as many as the other odd gens. I am going with 110 to 120 pokemon. Megas will take spots, no doubt, but a lot of people were extremely disappointed in the low number of pokemon in Gen 6. I don't think they will make that mistake again.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I don't really want new megas. I think this gen should have new evos instead. I've always felt stuff like Sandslash and Octillery need normal evos more than megas.

And personally I also want Absol to get a new regular evo, and it should be Ghost/Dark. Because Mega Absol is kinda bad imo.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Im really really really hoping for a full pokedex or something like black and white had but allow people to use pokes from other gens. Ya its alot but we have waited a long time and i for one wanna see some new electric dark and fairy types!

Back