• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon [ 8/6/2010 ] & August CocoCoro scans

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016

It is a wyvern according to most sites, and if you haven't seen it has a Wings, a Tail, legs and a Head...

True just google it. ^_^ They look extremely similar. But Nintendo can't make it too similar so it was what I assume is an jet engine on his tail. I agree with Magmaruby and Aquasapphire ^_^

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    I love the squirrel thing! The rock guy is meh to me, never been a fan of rock pokemon anyway. The little baby fire dude (can't remember the name) is also adorable :D

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Reshiram lacks enough scales to be a wyvern to be honest. Y'know, it doesn't actually have to be based off of anything, right? It could just be a random design. I think the tail part (and the rings) were just added so it would match with Zekrom, whose tail actually has a function as a giant turbine motor thing.

Reshiram could also be based off of a group of angels called Thrones, which have a similar design in many types of media in terms of the rings and feathers.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    True just google it. ^_^ They look extremely similar. But Nintendo can't make it too similar so it was what I assume is an jet engine on his tail. I agree with Magmaruby and Aquasapphire ^_^

i still tihnk it should be ice,instead of fire, then i wouldnt call it volcanic snot :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Reshiram lacks enough scales to be a wyvern to be honest. Y'know, it doesn't actually have to be based off of anything, right? It could just be a random design. I think the tail part (and the rings) were just added so it would match with Zekrom, whose tail actually has a function as a giant turbine motor thing.

Reshiram could also be based off of a group of angels called Thrones, which have a similar design in many types of media in terms of the rings and feathers.
    No dragon pokemon actually has detailed Scales to begin with...I wish we had one...

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

i agree with this, it makes more sense :) especially since the scale thing is way too obvious.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years

Not really, I mean look at Rayquaza it's based on the Ziz which is suppose to be a giant bird not a dragon...

Lore-wise, it might be similar to the Ziz, but its design is not. The design draws influence from Japanese dragons. The ONLY similarity to the Ziz is drawn from its relations to Kyogre and Groudon. It's a weak argument to say a Pokemon is based on something just because it's related to another Pokemon.

i still tihnk it should be ice,instead of fire, then i wouldnt call it volcanic snot :P

Fire is from the idea that you can burn something and from the ashes it will be reborn, like in nature when volcanoes erupt, destroy islands with volcanic ash and fertilize the ground for reorigination. This is because Reshiram is the nature Pokemon and it's supposed to also be part of the yin-yang idea; fire can be destructive as well as life-bringing. The same is true for electricity, which is why Zekrom has that typing. It's also appropriate because fire and electricity are both sources of light.

Pokemon did a good job designing these two, tbh

No dragon pokemon actually has detailed Scales to begin with...I wish we had one...

Except, Reshiram has feathers -___-

Years
    Lore-wise, it might be similar to the Ziz, but its design is not. The design draws influence from Japanese dragons. The ONLY similarity to the Ziz is drawn from its relations to Kyogre and Groudon. It's a weak argument to say a Pokemon is based on something just because it's related to another Pokemon.

Fire is from the idea that you can burn something and from the ashes it will be reborn, like in nature when volcanoes erupt, destroy islands with volcanic ash and fertilize the ground for reorigination. This is because Reshiram is the nature Pokemon and it's supposed to also be part of the yin-yang idea; fire can be destructive as well as life-bringing. The same is true for electricity, which is why Zekrom has that typing. It's also appropriate because fire and electricity are both sources of light.

well they added Feathers to it, it's a Feathered Wyvern ;)

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016

I completely agree with this! ^_^ High five!

Years
    Yeah they really did :), I still see it more as a wyvern than a Throne angel though...

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i think we should just find a way to liek all this gen :)
    cuz so far im lovin this gen :D
    Emonga is still the best electric type in design IMO

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Emonga gets my vote as well, it's design looks simple to me, yet looks awesome considering it's another squirrel Pokemon. ^_^ Plus I'm attracted to the typing.

Years
    i think we should just find a way to liek all this gen :)
    cuz so far im lovin this gen :D
    Emonga is still the best electric type in design IMO
    For me the best Electric type in design is Raikou still :D!
    I like Emonga, some think it might be a Pachirisu evolution ;)

Back