• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon League? Speculation!

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
Wouldn't be strange if GameFreak added an option to transfer the data of your first PKMN League victory and YOU ended up being the Champion for your file in B2/W2?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Wouldn't be strange if GameFreak added an option to transfer the data of your first PKMN League victory and YOU ended up being the Champion for your file in B2/W2?

That would be nice, not sure how they would accomplish it though. Maybe something online to save the team on? The problem with that is that since no DS can hold two games at once, you would either have to have 2 DSs or find a new way to save it. Online might be the best bet for that, uploading your team to an account specific to your game (maybe with a custom ID for downloading), and then switching games and downloading it.

I was thinking the same thing though, but the personality would still be a problem, lol.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I would love if they changed the league to be like a tournament like the anime and then make the E4 a champion league.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I didn't mind Alder if I'm honest - he was quite fun. I still want to know more about that Pokémon he lost. D':

I'd love to see if they do further changes like they did in B/W (how you could battle them in any order, and they were all pretty equal in strength) but yeah - maybe more members? There's that competition the fandom really wants too...

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I'm surprised to see so many people dislike Alder.
I always thought he was kinda cool. Maybe i'm weird or something. :(

Anyways, I'd love to see a change in the Elite 4 lineup. These kinds of games always get me because I love to see a story continued in a game taking place a couple of years later so you can see things change.

I think it would be kinda neat to see one of the rivals from the past games up in the E4, or even perhaps Hilda/Hilbert up in the champion spot. I think that might be a bit cheesy though. It would be better to run into them out in some cool, high-level area.
Maybe one of the past Gym Leaders could be bumped up to be in the E4 lineup?

It's hard to say what I really want to see in the elite 4, though, as I wouldn't want it to be flooded with people from the past game. Maybe they could include a new character to surprise us/throw us off.

Years
I honestly don't want the champion of the league to be the B/W protagonists. First of all, they would have to choose one of the players and if you were a female before, but the male was the new champion, it wouldn't be right.
They wouldn't necessarily though. If I remember something I read correctly there are going to be even great differences between the versions of the games. So like we have Black City and White Forest and a different gym leader with Iris or Drayden in BW, maybe we could have different champions in BW2. If you choose the male character you could face Hilda, for instance. Not saying this is what they're going to do. I don't think it's likely that they'll revive old player characters. It could work though and still be fair.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
They wouldn't necessarily though. If I remember something I read correctly there are going to be even great differences between the versions of the games. So like we have Black City and White Forest and a different gym leader with Iris or Drayden in BW, maybe we could have different champions in BW2. If you choose the male character you could face Hilda, for instance. Not saying this is what they're going to do. I don't think it's likely that they'll revive old player characters. It could work though and still be fair.
But choosing Pokémon for them wouldn't be accurate. GF giving a certain typing is unrealistic, especially since these are sequels and /we/ were the protagonists. It's not like they know what Pokémon we used at all, so it would be pretty disappointing to battle them with a random set of Pokémon.

Which is why more or less, I'd like for Cheren to be the new champion in the league.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

But choosing Pokémon for them wouldn't be accurate. GF giving a certain typing is unrealistic, especially since these are sequels and /we/ were the protagonists. It's not like they know what Pokémon we used at all, so it would be pretty disappointing to battle them with a random set of Pokémon.
Isn't Red is perfect example for this situation though? Even with the thing about speech and all that jazz, I'm sure Game Freak are clever enough to work ways around it - like have other characters explain their actions in early event appearances etc.

Though, I wouldn't mind Cheren, since it was his ambition to become Champion. But then I wouldn't mind Bel in the situation Scarf mentioned either- even if it would lead to chaos in the fandom - and their dislike to Bel. I didn't mind her though. Poop. I forgot about Bel working towards helping Juniper, I could see her being mentioned as off in a different region doing research. Eh /totally off topic

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Cheren would make a good champ, but I just wish they would Acknowledge the player character for once...
I think Alder might be retired by now so maybe his Student Marshall takes lver, while Cheren become one of the E4 if not the champ.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Cheren would make a good champ, but I just wish they would Acknowledge the player character for once...
I think Alder might be retired by now so maybe his Student Marshall takes lver, while Cheren become one of the E4 if not the champ.
I forgot about Marshal being Alder's apprentice! I think after two years you would think Alder would hand over his champion spot to him, if not Cheren. Cheren being at least an E4 member would please me.

Years
I can see Cheren having Pokemon around the same levels Marshall did (if I remember correctly Marshall's Pokemon were slightly higher in level that the other 3). I do wonder how Cheren will decorate his room though...maybe it'll be full of books like a library but that's Shauntel's thing...

pokemonkidtotodile

Pkmn connoisseur
Years
  • Age 29
  • U.S
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
I liked the elite four from B/W but I did not care for the champion, Alder. I guess I would like to see the rival as the champion

Years
I wouldn't mind if the Rival was the champ, but that would mean that he defeated however was the champ before him, unless Alder left the spot empty, making it like in Red and Blue in which when the Rival defeats the E4 he automatically becomes the champion.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I don't really want the rival as the champion because Cheren is more deserving for the spot. Though we know nothing about the rival, I wouldn't like him to suddenly be the champion of Unova after defeating Alder, because what about us? We would defeat him too, so why can't we be the champion?? However Alder, he deserves to retire. I mean, he should just go explore the region and have a good time. :P

Years
I'd agree with these guys and say that Cheren should be the new Champion, cos he's my fave rival from the games so far so to see him as Champion would be neat.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years

I forgot about Marshal being Alder's apprentice! I think after two years you would think Alder would hand over his champion spot to him, if not Cheren. Cheren being at least an E4 member would please me.

To have Marshal, the Fighting-Type user of the Elite 4, as the Champion for this game would definitely be neat. Also, Cheren has the potential as shown in BW to be the champion

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well that'd make sense to me, considering how hard he was to beat in B/W, I think he'd suit the champion role perfectly tbh. I also think his team wouldn't need much changing from B/W to be a tough champion >>

Back