• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New pokemon: Litleo, Flabébé and Vivillon pre-evos

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    I know there's already a thread about the Corocoro, but I think it would be better to create a new thread just to discuss about the new Pokémon, now that we have official information.

Litleo
    The hot-blooded Litleo is always ready for a good fight! Its mane blazes with heat during battle, burning hotter and hotter the stronger its opponent.

Type: Fire/Normal
    Height: 2' 00" (0.6 m)
    Weight: 29.8 lbs. (13.5 kg)

Official art:
    Spoiler:
    Battle screens:
    Spoiler:

Flabébé
    Another newly discovered Fairy-type Pokémon, Flabébé clings to a flower early on, and then cares for it for its entire life. Because of this, Flabébé may be found holding flowers of different colors.

Type: Fairy
    Height: 0' 04" (0.1 m)
    Weight: 0.2 lbs. (0.1 kg)

Official art:
    Spoiler:
    Battle screens:
    Spoiler:

Scatterbug
    The Bug-type Scatterbug resides mostly in forests and wild plains. After Scatterbug has reached a high enough level, it will evolve into Spewpa.

Type: Bug
    Height: 1' 00" (0.3 m)
    Weight: 5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg)

Official art:
    Spoiler:
    Battle screens:
    Spoiler:

Spewpa
    Spewpa is the middle Pokémon of this evolutionary chain. With enough experience gained from battle, Spewpa will eventually evolve into Vivillon.

Type: Bug
    Height: 1' 00" (0.3 m)
    Weight: 18.5 lbs. (8.4 kg)

Official art:
    Spoiler:
    Battle screens:
    Spoiler:

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Nice first post OP....

Litleo is definitely my favorite out of them. I've been waiting for a fire-type Lion Pokemon; it just seemed like a no-brainer to do. It would be cool if GF made plenty of Western Zodiac-inspired Pokemon. I'm a Leo, so yeah, I will definitely be catching Litleo and praying it evolves into a really cool looking Lion Pokemon. I have this incredible vision in my head of what it might look like...with a firey mane of awesomeness.....don't let me down GF!

I'm not too impressed with Vivilion's pre-evolutions. Seems like they could have designed them to have a bit more style and color. I do like Spewpa though, just because it looks so strange.

Flabébé is up in the air for me. Like other people, I'm wondering why it doesn't have a Fairy/Grass typing, but I understand how it is a pure Fairy type, since the flower isn't truly apart of the Pokemon. I just hope it gets a cool evolution. I'm thinking it's evo could be sort of like the difference between the Pixie and High Pixie in the SMT franchise.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I also like Litleo. I really can't wait to see the evolution chain. Mainly the last stage. I also like the bugs and the flower fairy.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Does that mean that Flababe will have a different colored flower each time and also a special move whose effect changes according to the flower color?
    Seems complicated but fun to me.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Litleo reminds me of Shinx. I am betting his evolutions will look something like Luxio and Luxray. Flabébé looks like a pre-evolution, maybe Cottonee's. Spewpa reminds me of Burmy.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Litleo kinda sounds like litwick, and scatterbug (really?) but once I get past some of the more ridiculous names they're all new and as Pokémon as ever!

Spade

I am the deity you call "God".
    Years
  • Honestly, I think Liteo looks stupid. Well, as far as looks. It's just a little too cartoon-y. I do like that it has a unique typing, but Normal/Fire is just kinda... something.
    There's nothing really good about tacking normal onto fire, I guess? Although, I am hoping it evolves into something really cool. With the part normal type, they could give it some really cool stab normal moves. *coughgutsfacadecough*
    I will definitely be catching one though.

mm, the rest I do like. I'm not a fan of that huge moth-i-fly cause I don't like bugs and it looks like some kind of messenger from hell. "I'm cute and adorable!" and then it sucks all the blood out of you. xD;

And that little fairy dude has got a big nose. It looks like it could evolve into some little cute dude, honestly it doesn't look like it'll turn into much, but... Magikarp evolves into Gyarados, so I've got a pretty open mind about it. Just... what'll it turn into?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I find it interesting that Flabébé is the first Pokémon name with accented letters. I also have a feeling it'll be another gimmick Pokémon because of how each individual Flabébé will be different flowers, similar to Spinda's spots.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It having Normal makes me think GF considers Normal as it's "Light type" as I'll imagine Lions to have Fire/ something light related. Plus Helioptile who processes light has it too...
    I'm hoping Litleo will evolve into a Fire/Psychic lion in all it's full glory.

Years
  • I find it interesting that Flabébé is the first Pokémon name with accented letters. I also have a feeling it'll be another gimmick Pokémon because of how each individual Flabébé will be different flowers, similar to Spinda's spots.

I have to say that Flabébé having accented letters in its name is a first for English names of a Pokemon, meaning there must be some fancy pronunciation in the latter part of the name. This thing is just so super-light and teeny-tiny, it's weight is the same as Gastly and Haunter and with height the same as Joltik, this makes me think it's like the Pokemon world's analogue to Thumbelina since she was born in a flower as well. If one doesn't count its signature flower, little Flabébé must hold the title of the smallest Pokemon ever.

Litleo is so cute, and another unique type combination involving Normal. I'd probably love to use this thing since I'm mostly likely not starting with Fennekin. And something I noticed, we now have Normal combined with each of the starter types as a second type, we had Bibarel (Water), Deerling/Sawsbuck (Grass) and now a Fire-type to complete the triangle.

Scatterbug's name looks lame though, reminds me of Talonflame earlier. A name a kid could even invent.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    You made that post before I could update my new Pokemon Thread.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Litleo's eyes just feels too... cartoony. It just feels out of place from any Pokemon I have ever seen. I dunno, I just really, really hate the design of it. I'll probably somehow grow into liking Litleo but for now the eyes kill it for me.

Years
  • The names these gen are kind of interesting. Just combining words, for some. First Gogoat then Talonflame and now Scatterbug; Go+goat, Talon+flame, Scatter+bug.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Honestly, I think Liteo looks stupid. Well, as far as looks. It's just a little too cartoon-y. I do like that it has a unique typing, but Normal/Fire is just kinda... something.
    There's nothing really good about tacking normal onto fire, I guess? Although, I am hoping it evolves into something really cool. With the part normal type, they could give it some really cool stab normal moves. *coughgutsfacadecough*
    I will definitely be catching one though.

mm, the rest I do like. I'm not a fan of that huge moth-i-fly cause I don't like bugs and it looks like some kind of messenger from hell. "I'm cute and adorable!" and then it sucks all the blood out of you. xD;

And that little fairy dude has got a big nose. It looks like it could evolve into some little cute dude, honestly it doesn't look like it'll turn into much, but... Magikarp evolves into Gyarados, so I've got a pretty open mind about it. Just... what'll it turn into?

Uh, that "big nose" is actually its mouth.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Litleo is so cute, but I'm really excited to see his evolution. I bet it's gonna have a fabulous mane! If I like his evolution, I'm definitely adding him to my team, even though I wanted to start with the Fire starter.

Flabébé is just the cutest thing ever, and I love the story behind her. I'm expecting her to be some sort of gimmick Pokemon though, and not have an evolution.

Scatterbug and Spewpa. Not really interested in them right now, but I like Vivillon, so we'll see.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • FLABEBE FOR THE WIN!
    Seriously, I love that little cutie.

Lion-cub-thingy(Litleo) is cool, but don't really care about him.

Scatterbug = ...I don't really mind it's lame lame. Or any of the new names for that matter. But Scatterbug's design...it's one of those things where it looks like a fakemon if you look at it too long.

Spewpa = ...no. I do not like Silcoon, I do not like Cascoon, I do not like Metapod, I do not like Spewpa. However, I DO like Kakuna.

Vivillon = :)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I don't like Litleo's visuals. For all the same reasons I didn't Like Shinx/Luxray. HOPEFULLY he will look more unique on evolution.

I LOVE Litleo's Name.

Flabebe is getting more interesting. Assuming he evolves, will he get bigger or smaller??

Scatterbug, Talonflame.

Scatterpie, Flarrow.

Why not?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I have to say that Flabébé having accented letters in its name is a first for English names of a Pokemon, meaning there must be some fancy pronunciation in the latter part of the name.

I've been pronouncing it as "Fla-bey-bay". Is this how others are pronouncing it?

Back