• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon "Mamanbō" Revealed on Oha Suta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
  • Or the plain Dragon one :D I just realised x)

Its more likely for them to just make new Hoenn pokemon evolutions, because they are bound to make a remake of RSE.

There is no doubt mamanbo is a luvdisc evo, and I bet you that Mawile and Torkoal also get an evolution.

Zangoose could become Normal/Ghost and Seviper could become Poison/Dragon.

Snorunt could have a new evo to become Ice/Fighting.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • We don't need to be taking those rumors seriously remember some evos were in the Sinnoh Dex (Ambipom, Weavile, Honchkrow, Mismagius).

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think (if these rumors also com true) that the last batch are Legendary, too many Dragon-Types, Psychic/Dark seems legendary, and as does Normal/Ghost, and Dragon/Ice would be the Giratina/Rayquaza.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I like it. Simple, but different, and quite aesthetically pleasing. The subtile mix of colours in much nicer on the eye than the block pink of Luvdisc. This new evolution (presumably) will hopefully make Luvdisc's line a lot more useful. All in all, a success in my eyes. :)

Still don't like that rock thing though... ;)

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Its more likely for them to just make new Hoenn pokemon evolutions, because they are bound to make a remake of RSE.

I disagree. The remakes were to make previously unavailable Pokemon available on the GBA and the DS. The Hoenn Pokemon can already be transferred to Diamond/Pearl through Pal Park, and then traded to HG/SS, so there's no need for a remake.

And yes, I understand that Pokemon games always sell, therefore remakes = more money yadda yadda. But FR, LG, HG and SS wouldn't have sold nearly as well if people could already transfer their Kanto and Johto Pokemon to Diamond and Pearl.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Lets just say if its not an evo of Luvdisc I have a gun and will use it... xD We can't have 2 of those ugly things not related to one another...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I disagree. The remakes were to make previously unavailable Pokemon available on the GBA and the DS. The Hoenn Pokemon can already be transferred to Diamond/Pearl through Pal Park, and then traded to HG/SS, so there's no need for a remake.

And yes, I understand that Pokemon games always sell, therefore remakes = more money yadda yadda. But FR, LG, HG and SS wouldn't have sold nearly as well if people could already transfer their Kanto and Johto Pokemon to Diamond and Pearl.

However Pal Park is only available for people with DS which are no longer being sold, as the DSi has now taken over (even though these games are not DSi exclusive) and soon the 3DS will be the leading console.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    However Pal Park is only available for people with DS which are no longer being sold, as the DSi has now taken over (even though these games are not DSi exclusive) and soon the 3DS will be the leading console.

DS Lites are still being sold where I am...

I did think about that possibility though; if DS Lites are completely phased out in favour of DSi and 3DS, then fair enough, the remakes might happen. I just don't see it happening for a long time at least - as in, 2 or 3 years more - especially given that Black and White are just around the corner, the first new generation in 3 or 4 years.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I'm not getting one, since Luvdisc is the lamest Pokemon in existence, so why in the bloody hell would they make an evolution to one of the most hated Pokemon, probably just to torture us.....

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • I'm not getting one, since Luvdisc is the lamest Pokemon in existence, so why in the bloody hell would they make an evolution to one of the most hated Pokemon, probably just to torture us.....

so you hate a pokemon for no other reason that its stats are poor?

shame on you.

Luvdisc DOES need an evo, and as someone else said, if it's not, then why are the two not related?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Hated? sure i didnt use it. the only one i used was my scepy in r/s/e. i didnt train a team.
    I love luvdisc. im a person of ove and i think its adorable. that chipmunk thing they released... was bad.
    i like it ^.^
    +1 awesome 5th gen pokemon!
    [I am also a fan of all your hated night mares..]

Years
    • Seen today

There is no doubt mamanbo is a luvdisc evo, and I bet you that Mawile and Torkoal also get an evolution.

Zangoose could become Normal/Ghost and Seviper could become Poison/Dragon.

Snorunt could have a new evo to become Ice/Fighting.

I'm not going to touch on your type ideas.

However, I am wondering something. How does evolutions from Hoenn Pokemon point to RSE remakes? Look at Hoenn itself. It's batch of Pokemon included two Pokemon related to old Pokemon (both of which are pre-evolutions of Pokemon from Johto), unless I've forgotten some.

Plus, there's the fact that you're likely not going to be able to get them before the NDex. The only reason you could get Ambipom (etc.) in HGSS was because they couldn't alter a Pokemon's moveset pre-elite four to not include the moves they evolved with. For other evolution methods, they were not included. Misdreavus and Murkrow evolve with a stone. Were Mismagius and Honchkrow in the Johto Dex? No.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • Okay, Luvdisc got its evolution. Not that it will be used much anyway. Watch, its stats are practically uber. Now all we need is an awesome Dunsparce evolution, and my life would be complete.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back