• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon "Mamanbō" Revealed on Oha Suta

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • A Big Heart Scale that does what? Allows you to reteach moves in perpetuity? No. Just no.

I can see it have an innate ability (not a Special Ability) to make Heart Scales, like the way Shuckle can transform Berries in Berry Juice. Basically, an infinite supply of Heart Scales.
    Oh I hope not they did that in FR/LG...with the mushrooms...
    Oh a infinite Heart scale maker, I need one of those :D!

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • A Big Heart Scale that does what? Allows you to reteach moves in perpetuity? No. Just no.

I can see it have an innate ability (not a Special Ability) to make (regular) Heart Scales, like the way Shuckle can transform Berries in Berry Juice. Basically, an infinite supply of Heart Scales.

Ugh we do not need even more gimmick pokemon...

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Ugh we do not need even more gimmick pokemon...
    I didn't say that it would be weak. It can be strong. It's just that since Luvdisc is associated with Heart Scales, its evolution will be too. I'm not expecting it to be in the wild, so Wild Held Items were out. I chose an innate ability, like Shuckle's, so that it could have a real, actually useful ability.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    I honestly kind of like this design. Whether it is a Luvdisc evo or not, I probably won't use it unless it is just a beast.

Years
  • I stand by my signature for this Pokémon. If it's really an evolution of Luvdisc, the question would be how much Game Freak decides to increase its stats.
    Regardless of whether or not this Pokémon is related to an already-existing one, it looks like a fun companion Pokémon, and it definitely has a lot of potential.

We already have that. In D/P/Pt it's called the Underground, and in HG/SS it's called Pickup.
    Oh but you have to work for those, joking :P.
    Yeah it looks like an interesting pokemon :)

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Too bad I'm getting the water starter, or I would surely stick this in my team. But then I'd be to vulnerable to grass and electric types.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    What Kirbychu said: Finally.

Though with its hand wings, I imagine it clapping all the time. And the name makes me think "Mambo", so I just always picture it singing and clapping to music.

Bay

Years
  • okay Obvious Luvdisc Evolution

and People it's based off a Sunfish

New Pokemon "Mamanbō" Revealed on Oha Suta

and those things aren't the cutest Fish in the Universe either =P
    Ah, okay. Yeah, Mamanbo does look like the Sunfish. Still, the designers could have made the hand-like fins more elegant. XD

What Kirbychu said: Finally.

Though with its hand wings, I imagine it clapping all the time. And the name makes me think "Mambo", so I just always picture it singing and clapping to music.
    Oh, singing and clapping to this song?

Yes, I had to do it. :P

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    should've just gave lovedisk a tail with a heart-shaped tail fin

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • My friend was joking about a Luvdisc evo and I didn't take him seriously until I checked Pokebeach... WTF. XD

Luvdisc evo was predictable since it naturally sucks; however, I expected something a bit more complex yet elegant than a Luvdisc w/ wings aka Cupid clone (does remind me of Togekiss, though). P.S. Lumineon is best.

Years
  • My friend was joking about a Luvdisc evo and I didn't take him seriously until I checked Pokebeach... WTF. XD

Luvdisc evo was predictable since it naturally sucks; however, I expected something a bit more complex yet elegant than a Luvdisc w/ wings aka Cupid clone (does remind me of Togekiss, though). P.S. Lumineon is best.
    Lot's of people were joking about it, it seems except me... well I'm glad the jokers were right :P.

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    I'm glad Luvdisk got an evo... But it doesn't look strongrer. Hopefully it has a great movepool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back