• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon or Forme Confirmed!

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
Years
  • Pokebeach has a new article mentioning Pokemon Sunday's preview for next week's episode:
    Pokemon Sunday aired in Japan today (where it is Sunday), and for the preview of their next episode, host Shokotan displayed a large card with a question mark covering it. This obviously validates the news posted in the "5th Generation Evidence and Speculation" post regarding Pokemon Sunday revealing something important on their January 17th episode. What could this question mark be? Well, it could be a new Pokemon, but you never know for sure - we'll find out this time next week! The screenshots below are courtesy of Filb.de, which you can click for a larger picture.
    Spoiler:

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012

Awesome news. This is starting to increase the chances that this might be a 5th gen Pokemon, especially now that they're hinting at it.
    No it doesn't. Pokémon Sunday is notorious for covering things in their previews, as they're that...previews. They're not going to show things off, they're going to encourage peoiple to watch next week

Last year they covered the Red Gyarados in a preview, they covered a Magikarp too for crying out loud.

It could be anything. They aren't hinting at anything. Yes it could be a 5th gen Pokémon, but it's equally as likely that it isn't. It could be them talking about the Celebi event in HGSS and Giovanni is behind that question mark. It could be the Lock Capsule. Heck it could be a new game like Ranger 3. We just can't tell.

Plus, thanks to yaminokame for informing me, the showing is in the Game Arena segment and not anything to do with the movie which would be where a new Pokémon is shown

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • No it doesn't. Pokémon Sunday is notorious for covering things in their previews, as they're that...previews. They're not going to show things off, they're going to encourage peoiple to watch next week

Last year they covered the Red Gyarados in a preview, they covered a Magikarp too for crying out loud.

It could be anything. They aren't hinting at anything. Yes it could be a 5th gen Pokémon, but it's equally as likely that it isn't. It could be them talking about the Celebi event in HGSS and Giovanni is behind that question mark. It could be the Lock Capsule. Heck it could be a new game like Ranger 3. We just can't tell
    Actually, in Pokebeach's post, they said that they will be revealing something important on January 17th. I would like to think that "something important" hints to an important new release or design idea which could well include a new Pokemon for all we know.

But, like I said before, it may well be that I'm wrong, you're wrong or we're both wrong. However, I still think that Pokemon Sunday won't say something is important and dissapoint by producing something minor.I think that there's a high possibility that a new game might be introduced, however, I'm still not cocksure about it but I'm sure that we'll learn what it really is by the 17th.

I also recommend taking a look at this article, maybe you'll see why I said that they were hinting at a Generation 5 Pokemon because it certainly managed to convince me.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Pokebeach is wrong. They're just speculating, there are no "hints".

From the Pokémon Sunday website thanks to yaminokame;

「ポケモンゲームアリーナ」では、ポケサンカンパニーが手に入れた重大ニュースを発表! 情報部・しょこたん部長から、驚きの情報が飛び出すぞ!
    "The important news that the Pokesun Company has received will be announced during the "Pokemon Game Arena!" Department. Chief Shokotan (Information Department) will give out surprising news!"

Chances are good its just the 13th movie giveaway being revealed. A New Pokémon would be revealed on its own, not in any other area

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Sigh. I guess its a good thing not to be too optimistic so you wont be let down in situations like this but the timing is just so right right now. This will be the most interesting turn out regardless. (also, I cant remember what the lock capsule is for, or do we even know?)

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • Pokebeach is wrong. They're just speculating, there are no "hints".

From the Pokémon Sunday website thanks to yaminokame;

「ポケモンゲームアリーナ」では、ポケサンカンパニーが手に入れた重大ニュースを発表! 情報部・しょこたん部長から、驚きの情報が飛び出すぞ!
    "The important news that the Pokesun Company has received will be announced during the "Pokemon Game Arena!" Department. Chief Shokotan (Information Department) will give out surprising news!"

Chances are good its just the 13th movie giveaway being revealed. A New Pokémon would be revealed on its own, not in any other area
    Yes, PokéBeach is obviously speculating. But I think that this is all we Pokéfans can do, right?

It's 2010! If I don't see a 5th generation Pokémon in the next weeks I'll start to think that it's the end. Though Pokémon is a worldwide franchise, which generates uncountable direct and indirect profits, though every new Nintendo console is made after Pokémon executive directors' approval, I will only be sure of a future when I see a picture of a new monster.

I'm afraid, Serebii, I'm checking on your page every single day. Show us when it come, that's all I ask.

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
  • Actually, in Pokebeach's post, they said that they will be revealing something important on January 17th. I would like to think that "something important" hints to an important new release or design idea which could well include a new Pokemon for all we know.

But, like I said before, it may well be that I'm wrong, you're wrong or we're both wrong. However, I still think that Pokemon Sunday won't say something is important and dissapoint by producing something minor.I think that there's a high possibility that a new game might be introduced, however, I'm still not cocksure about it but I'm sure that we'll learn what it really is by the 17th.

I also recommend taking a look at this article, maybe you'll see why I said that they were hinting at a Generation 5 Pokemon because it certainly managed to convince me.

my birthday!
    I've been researching it (not very well) and even when I tried to find something on pokemon sunday and same nothing :(
    oh well that gives me 2 things to look forward too xD

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Yes, PokéBeach is obviously speculating. But I think that this is all we Pokéfans can do, right?

It's 2010! If I don't see a 5th generation Pokémon in the next weeks I'll start to think that it's the end. Though Pokémon is a worldwide franchise, which generates uncountable direct and indirect profits, though every new Nintendo console is made after Pokémon executive directors' approval, I will only be sure of a future when I see a picture of a new monster.

I'm afraid, Serebii, I'm checking on your page every single day. Show us when it come, that's all I ask.
    You're jumping to conclusions

I'd say with a high amount of certainty that there will be a 5th gen in Movie 13

However I'd also say with a high amount of certainty that this announcement will not reveal it. At the very most we'll get a sihlouette in CoroCoro but that is at a massive stretch. As I have been saying, it is more than likely a reveal of an event. Don't forget, we're not meant to know about the Celebi event. It's my fault we do but they just go on as if that didn't happen

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • You're jumping to conclusions

I'd say with a high amount of certainty that there will be a 5th gen in Movie 13

However I'd also say with a high amount of certainty that this announcement will not reveal it. At the very most we'll get a sihlouette in CoroCoro but that is at a massive stretch. As I have been saying, it is more than likely a reveal of an event. Don't forget, we're not meant to know about the Celebi event. It's my fault we do but they just go on as if that didn't happen
    I'd say with a high amount of certainty thank you for answering (first time it happens, in fact).

I remember when Gonbe was released, first that silhouette in the 7th movie website, then CoroCoro revealed it. Okay then, if you say so, I'll believe it. Thanks again.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Okay, look, whether or not we're getting a preiview of the 5th Generation, allow people to speculate and wonder, okay? Don't shoot down our ideas, please. I'm hoping for just one, one would do me in for Gen 5.

everglow89

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    Gonna throw in my two cents here. I read recently that Nintendo announced (among other things like a 2010 release of the new Zelda Wii game) that they are in preparation for releasing the next hand held to succeed the DS. It makes sense that Gen. V news would be starting to kick off about now.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Gonna throw in my two cents here. I read recently that Nintendo announced (among other things like a 2010 release of the new Zelda Wii game) that they are in preparation for releasing the next hand held to succeed the DS. It makes sense that Gen. V news would be starting to kick off about now.

Source please? Nintendo has only said that it will have motion sensing (Like the Iphone and some other smartphones) and will be able to run games in 3D (Or, rather in better 3D than it already does) They said nothing about release, that would of been speculation on the poster's end. Though it is thought that it will be releaced next year. And 'Zelda Wii' was announced shortly after E3 as far as remember.

everglow89

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6422&a=2

I didn't say they were releasing the console this year. Just that they obviously have it in the works, which is just the right time for information on Gen. V to begin to appear. And, yes, the next Zelda installment for the Wii was mentioned before hand, however, this article claims to confirm what was disbelieved to actually be released before this year's end.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Aww, looks like we will get nowhere with this for a few months. Coro Coro only leaked info on a new Ranger game and its obvious that Pokemon Sunday will do the same :(

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6422&a=2

I didn't say they were releasing the console this year. Just that they obviously have it in the works, which is just the right time for information on Gen. V to begin to appear. And, yes, the next Zelda installment for the Wii was mentioned before hand, however, this article claims to confirm what was disbelieved to actually be released before this year's end.

Preparation
    for releasing would be when they are Prepering to release the console. That would mean that they are wanting to release it soon, soon being anything from Q2 to Q4. It would be quite understandable that I would confused. And no where in that artical was the release date mentioned, well, not including that they don't want to reveal the release date. from what I've read they've only been discusing feature that the want to implement, so I estimate a 2011-2012 release date.

Back on topic, Its a shame the only revealed a ranger game, though I was actually wanting one to be released.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Considering the Recent announcement of Ranger 3, the question mark is most likely Ukalele Pichu, which we know of this morning, exists, so don't get your hopes up, also, it seems that Nintendo has been obbsessed with Pichu lately, they recently made Spiky Eared Pichu, ten years after the original Pichu was made, then they made Pikachu Colored Pichu (even though it looks like a regular shiny Pichu), now Ukalele Pichu, whats next, Giant Robot from Space Pichu? have they forgottten of Pichus evolution, the mascot of this very franchise, our very own Pikachu? Apparently so.....

Back