• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon Silhouette on Pokmon Sunday [July 11]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I guess I stand corrected. However, part of that description is pretty much what I meant, though. It does get treated as a single-type, but I dunno, things like earthquake and stuff I think would do normal damage, but I'm not too sure.
    It losses it's resistance and all of flying type weaknesses do normal damage per that turn as long as your pokemon uses the move before your opponent act's...

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • It is most likely a Fearow evolution but I hope it doesn't turn out to be Normal/Flying. Fearow is able to learn a bunch of dark type moves and is a mix between a Vulture and a Falcon. It may evolve into even more of a Vulture Falcon mix and become Dark/Flying!

Falcons are symbols of justice and Vultures are symbols of evil. It could very well embrace the Vulture part of its design and become dark out of the pure evil.

Its also very likely for Fearow to get an evolution because of its stats.

HP: 65
    ATK: 90
    DEF: 65
    SPA: 61
    SPD: 61
    SPEED: 100

An evolution can put it up from NU to OU easily. It is fast as Staraptor, a very decent BL pokemon. If its attack rose beyond 120 it would be even stronger than Staraptor!

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i heard that when flying types use roost, they become ??? type for one turn which is why they have no weaknesses or anything.

edit: but wait if its dragon/flying, does it just drop its flying type, still having weaknessea?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I don't care what it is, what it's an evolution of, what it's typing is. I just want one. It first struck me as a griffin, and then as an eagle, because there's no body of a lion. idk. I just really like birds that are like that, that prey on small critters.

And really, if the silhouette is related to any bird with "earow" in its name, it strikes me more as a side-evolution to Spearow. They both have the same crown of feathers on the head, the same hooked beak, and the same feet. That's just what I see. And even though they're both birds of prey...well, other Pokemon species have qualities in common with other species, but they all don't evolve into one another. So I can understand having one bird of prey based on an anhinga and another based on an eagle.

But I'm hoping that it's a standalone Pokemon, or that it's evolution line doesn't involve Spearow or Fearow in any way. I would like Isshu to be overrun with the region's own Pokemon, not Pokemon that I've seen/used before.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I don't care what it is, what it's an evolution of, what it's typing is. I just want one. It first struck me as a griffin, and then as an eagle, because there's no body of a lion. idk. I just really like birds that are like that, that prey on small critters.

And really, if the silhouette is related to any bird with "earow" in its name, it strikes me more as a side-evolution to Spearow. They both have the same crown of feathers on the head, the same hooked beak, and the same feet. That's just what I see. And even though they're both birds of prey...well, other Pokemon species have qualities in common with other species, but they all don't evolve into one another. So I can understand having one bird of prey based on an anhinga and another based on an eagle.

But I'm hoping that it's a standalone Pokemon, or that it's evolution line doesn't involve Spearow or Fearow in any way. I would like Isshu to be overrun with the region's own Pokemon, not Pokemon that I've seen/used before.

If it did evolve from Fearow it would become faster than all current birds.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sigh...

The way Roost works is if it used by a Normal / Flying type, any attack by the opponent on that turn would act as though the Pokemon was pure normal type (e.g. weak to Fighting, but not to Electric). It's the same with any other type it may have. If it's Dragon/Flying, it would turn into a pure Dragon-type, being weak only to Dragon and Ice, though Ice would do double and not quadruple like it usually would.

If a pure Flying-type (Arceus) is hacked to have Roost, it just has no weaknesses or resistances that turn.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • A spontaneous change in type is highly unlikely and IMO has never really been done, so it probably never will. I mean, Normal/Flying(Spearow) ---> Normal/Flying(Fearow) --> Dark/Flying? As I said, there has to be a reasonable concept to at least enable this sort of change, and I don't see that sort of thing really happening.

If Fearow gets an evolution then that means every pretty terrible normal-type gets one, and that plain doesn't really make any sense.

If anything, I don't think it's attack would surpass staraptor's attack or else it'd be somewhat of a parallel to Honchkrow and well...we already have a a decent enough dark/flying, if you ask me.

Skorupi was Bug/Poison and evolved into Bug/Dark out of nowhere.

If Fearow evolved it would POSSIBLY surpass all current bird pokemon in speed. The only bird pokemon that Fearow doesn't out speed right now is Lugia (speed of 110) and Swellow (speed of 125).

It may or may not have a higher attack than Honchkrow. It would make a lot of sense if it did because Fearow's build seems to be High attack and High speed but low defenses.

I could see Fearow having a higher speed than 125 and a higher attack than 125, but crappy defenses. He would become a quick killer.

Years
  • Oh yeah forgot about Arceus being pure flying type :P
    I hope we can get a true pure flying type...

Explain Skorupi to Drapion.

If Fearow evolved it would POSSIBLY surpass all current bird pokemon in speed. The only bird pokemon that Fearow doesn't out speed right now is Lugia (speed of 110) and Swellow (speed of 125).

It may or may not have a higher attack than Honchkrow. It would make a lot of sense if it did because Fearow's build seems to be High attack and High speed but low defenses.

I could see Fearow having a higher speed than 125 and a higher attack than 125, but crappy defenses. He would become a quick killer.
    That would practically make it a Physical Sweeper!

Last edited:

Years
  • He has changed my mind again! =O
    True, it may not be related to any of the past pokemon
    it may be the third evo since the was a rumor about this, or a fearow one hmm.
    Well Magma prob is right anyways. he ussually is >.>
    Yeah it looks like a third evolution of our regional bird :)

Skorupi to Drapion? Simple. They're both poisonous scorpions, obviously. :|

And in reality, it would be the exact same thing as Honchkrow, no more and no less. Honchrow has a base 125 attack and 105 special attack. If anything, if would have an evolution, it would have at least some HP to balance it out along with medicore speed and pretty pathetic defenses, to say the least. And this is just to balance it out, to be honest, so it doesn't become too overpowered.

So basically, if Fearow were to get an evolution, it would go from weak to only average at best, since it's really not that hard to take down something like Honchkrow considering that it can't take a hit.
    I believe he was talking about the typing of the scorpions which went form Poison/bug to Poison/dark...

Last edited:

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Skorupi to Drapion? Simple. They're both poisonous scorpions, obviously. :|

And in reality, it would be the exact same thing as Honchkrow, no more and no less. Honchrow has a base 125 attack and 105 special attack. If anything, if would have an evolution, it would have at least some HP to balance it out along with medicore speed and pretty pathetic defenses, to say the least. And this is just to balance it out, to be honest, so it doesn't become too overpowered.

So basically, if Fearow were to get an evolution, it would go from weak to only average at best, since it's really not that hard to take down something like Honchkrow considering that it can't take a hit.

Fearow is as fast as most birds out there, but not as strong. If he becomes faster he would be a threat to reckon with.

I could see his 90 attack becoming 110-ish and his 100 speed going higher than 130.

The only thing keeping Fearow in NU is his attack.

Fearow's defenses are also higher than Honchkrows by about 12.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • They're both based on scorpions and it would make sense for it to become a dark type to better accommodate it's characteristics.

Remember when you said this?:(just scroll up)

A spontaneous change in type is highly unlikely and IMO has never really been done, so it probably never will.

It would also make sense for Fearow to become dark type to better fit its characteristics.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Remember when you said this?:(just scroll up)

It would also make sense for Fearow to become dark type to better fit its characteristics.
    Bug to Dark isn't completely off the wall. Looking at Drapion, Dark fits it better but it is still similar to Skorupi. Normal to Dark is random and unexpected with Fearow.

Back