• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Protagonists or Hilbert and Hilda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They aren't Hilbert/Hilda/Cheren Why? Because they wouldn't have been introduced as new Characters if they were. Personally they don't look like Hilbert/Hilda to me so I don't see why people keep calling them that.

Also Cheren wouldn't say "Ok now I'm going to Rage." Which seems to be the new Rival's catch phrase. These three look younger than Hilbert and Hilda as well.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I have to agree with everyone here. They most likely are new characters. They look tad too young to be Hilda and Hilbert. Also, the new rival's eyes are very sharp, a trait that Cheren doesn't have.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • They all do look younger, but I hope they all aren't set to be 10 year olds. Possibly 13-15. At this point it would seem silly given how they look. The male player character resembles a main character from Digimon..... :P

The new female character looks better to the male in my opinion, but Hilbert is still my fav.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Netto pointed this out last night when the news came out and I thought this was interesting.

Hilda and Hilbert both had brown hair and blue/brown eyes respectively, like the two main characters shown there. They also had similar color schemes. However, nowhere is it mentioned that they're Hilda/Hilbert, so it's assumed they're new characters. Do you think they're new or the old ones redesigned?

Bonus: If they're the old ones redesigned, does that make the rival a redesigned Cheren?

Edit: Pictures!

Hilbert:
    Spoiler:

Hilda:
    Spoiler:

Cheren:
    Spoiler:

I'm assuming they will be new characters.

The rival doesn't even look like Cheren cos he hasn't got glasses.

I think the protagonist not chosen is a friend, like Lucas/Dawn in D/P/Pt, Ethan/Lyra in HG/SS and Brendan/May in R/S/E.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    The first two really do look similar but Cheren and the new rival, nothing alike IMO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back