• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to the PC :3

apollo555

Flying Type Master
Years
  • Hellooo everyone I´m Apollo!
    I only just joined the PC but I´ve loved Pokemon since I can remember.
    I´m currently undertaking a monotype flying challenge on leafgreen and it is going frankly quite well.
    So excited to meet some more gen 1 lovers!

She

is home
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2018
    Yes yes, Gen 1 fan here! Welcome to the forum Apollo :) By the way, would you tell us more about yourself?

apollo555

Flying Type Master
    Years
  • Yes yes, Gen 1 fan here! Welcome to the forum Apollo :) By the way, would you tell us more about yourself?

Yayyy gen 1 for the win!!
    Well my name is Apollo, as I said, I'm from England and I'm studying Chemistry and Biology at university.
    My favourite Poke games are FireRed and Sapphire. If I had to choose my favourite Pokémon of all time I guess it would be Altaria, and flying types are DEFINETELY my favourites.
    Also, I'm looking for a good and reliable Nintendo emulator for iOS, to play HeartGold and SoulSilver.
    Oh, and here is my LeafGreen flying monotype team so far:

Charizard lvl 38: Dig, Flamethrower, Fly, Iron Tail.
    Gyarados lvl 35: Surf, Bite, Dragon Rage, Twister.
    Butterfree lvl 40: Sleep Powder, Dream Eater, Psychic, Gust.
    Dratini lvl 27: At the daycare, rubbish moves.

I was thinking of getting Zapdos and Articuno, but any non-legendary suggestions are most welcome :3

Last edited:

She

is home
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2018
    Yayyy gen 1 for the win!!
    Well my name is Apollo, as I said, I'm from England and I'm studying Chemistry and Biology at university.
    My favourite Poke games are FireRed and Sapphire. If I had to choose my favourite Pokémon of all time I guess it would be Altaria, and flying types are DEFINETELY my favourites.
    Also, I'm looking for a good and reliable Nintendo emulator for iOS, to play HeartGold and SoulSilver.
    Oh, and here is my LeafGreen flying monotype team so far:

Charizard lvl 38: Dig, Flamethrower, Fly, Iron Tail.
    Gyarados lvl 35: Surf, Bite, Dragon Rage, Twister.
    Butterfree lvl 40: Sleep Powder, Dream Eater, Psychic, Gust.
    Dratini lvl 27: At the daycare, rubbish moves.

I was thinking of getting Zapdos and Articuno, but any non-legendary suggestions are most welcome :3

Ohhh nice I'm also taking Biology and Chemistry in planting industry. Hmm I think Articuno would be nice hihi. Well if you want to discuss further, feel free to poke me a message.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yay! Glad to see more members who appreciate the 1st gen! n_n They were the Pokemon I grew up with and will always hold a special place in my heart. <33 Welcome to the forums!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Flying mono-run isn't too hard when you got Charizard and Gyrados as "quasi" legendaries(Gyrados especially). Try doing a Bug Monotype but instead of Generation 3, do it on Generation 1(RBY). Do that, and you'll earn a feather in your cap because Bug in Generation 1 is just... so underwhelming to put it nicely.

Welcome to PC though and like you I got my start on Generation 1(Yellow). Still play it to this day. :t037: is my Pokemon of choice but ironically I prefer Ice Types(hence Alolan Vulpix may sometime surpass its Kanto counterpart)

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome to PC, Apollo! I adore Gen 1 myself. I plan on doing a playthrough of it really soon when I have some time. Enjoy your stay!

Back