• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New trailers show legendary encounters via Ultra Wormholes, encounters with previous evil Team leaders

Years
So... does Lillie go to Kanto in the post-game? Judging by the levels of the team leaders (mid 60s-low 70s), this has to be either post-game or darn near it, and we see Lillie with us in the Rainbow Rocket HQ. So maybe Lusamine doesn't go as crazy as she did in the original games, so there's no need for she and Lillie to go to Kanto?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
So... does Lillie go to Kanto in the post-game? Judging by the levels of the team leaders (mid 60s-low 70s), this has to be either post-game or darn near it, and we see Lillie with us in the Rainbow Rocket HQ. So maybe Lusamine doesn't go as crazy as she did in the original games, so there's no need for she and Lillie to go to Kanto?

This is a really good question I never thought of until you brought it up, but now I'm curious for the answer to that too!

Maybe she instead becomes a full blown trainer by the end of the Necrozma story and then continues to follow you through the other post game stories? That would be really cool to see her character grow up that way, even better if she becomes really strong... maybe... a battle with Lillie?

Last edited:
Years
This is a really good question I never thought of until you brought it up, but now I'm curious for the answer to that too!

Maybe she instead becomes a full blown trainer by the end of the Necrozma story and then continues to follow you through the other post game stories? That would be really cool to see her character grow up that way, even better if she becomes really strong... maybe... a battle with Lillie?

That would be awesome! It could be like Wally in ORAS/RSE where you battle him before going to the Pokemon League to see how strong he's become.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Am I missing something in regards to all of these evil team Mega Evolution hypothesis? Both Mewtwo megas were shown, and Giovanni using Mewtwo was shown yes, but not in the same situation. And as mentioned by others, half the leaders don't have mega rings.(or mega pokemon as in Ghetsis' case)

Plus I have a hard time believing they'd showcase Mega Evolution when it's not a new feature.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023

well we know that lillie is in her "Z-form" so it has to take place after whole deal with nebby and necrozma. So maybe in this universe, she decides to train in Alola instead of leaving for Kanto? Could this mean lusamine does not merge with Nihilego and fall into a coma?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
I'm kinda iffy on Lusamine's role in the story. It's interesting to note that there's a scene in the Japanese trailer... it's when you meet her at Aether for the first time. Two of the Ultra Recon Squad members are standing behind her in that scene.

Another interesting thing is how Rainbow Rocket come to Alola in the first place. It's implied in the Japanese trailer and on the poster that they come through an Ultra wormhole. But, only the Alola Legendaries and UB's have the ability to create such wormholes. Since Faba is on the poster on their side, I'm wondering if he somehow manages to create Ultra wormholes using Aether's research on them.

All of this is so exciting. I wish it was this coming week instead of next week. Which reminds me, I think after Friday's trailer this week I'm gonna avoid the Internet like the plague. We probably won't get a demo for somebody to datamine, but people could get the games early and leak everything.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Am I missing something in regards to all of these evil team Mega Evolution hypothesis? Both Mewtwo megas were shown, and Giovanni using Mewtwo was shown yes, but not in the same situation. And as mentioned by others, half the leaders don't have mega rings.(or mega pokemon as in Ghetsis' case)

Plus I have a hard time believing they'd showcase Mega Evolution when it's not a new feature.

Irc one of the Japanese trailers showed Giovanni with Mega Mewtwo Y.

Years
well we know that lillie is in her "Z-form" so it has to take place after whole deal with nebby and necrozma. So maybe in this universe, she decides to train in Alola instead of leaving for Kanto? Could this mean lusamine does not merge with Nihilego and fall into a coma?

Well, from what we've seen of Lusamine, she's present at the Altar of the Sunne/Moone and looking okay for the most part (minus the trailer where she's laying on Guzma and telling Lillie and the player to run), so maybe she doesn't. Maybe she just wants to go to Ultra Space to try to find Mohn?

Years
Alola Dex spoilers, since it looks like we have some extra additions revealed, thanks to Serebii:
Spoiler:

Other new Dex additions that were seen in trailers but not numbered include Heracross, Houndour, Houndoom, Electrike, Manectric, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar, Tropius, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Larvesta, Volcarona and Dedenne.

Slots between Lunala and Necrozma I'm expecting will be occupied by the Ultra Beasts.

Last edited:
Back