• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New trailers show legendary encounters via Ultra Wormholes, encounters with previous evil Team leaders

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Necrozma is shooting off an awful lot of Ultra Wormholes in one of the trailers we've gotten, isn't it?

It does seem tied to that. So maybe Necrozma is to blame for all this...

What if during the story line Necrozma shoots off a bunch of wormholes, all of the main baddies coming from their separate dimensions travel through the Ultra worm holes, and find themselves on Alola. We're too busy dealing with Necrozma to deal with the Ultra worm hole aftermath. During this time all of the main baddies gather their forces and come up with the ultimate plan to take over this dimension. We finally capture Necrozma and save our dimension from losing its most important light sources, do we get a break? Nope, now it's time to clean up the huge mess that Necrozma left in its wake, and now the ultimate trans-dimensional Army of Evil has completely gathered its forces and already put its evil plans into motion.

Awesome! When do I start?

Last edited:
Years
What if during the story line Necrozma shoots off a bunch of wormholes, all of the main baddies coming from their separate dimensions travel through the Ultra worm holes, and find themselves on Alola. We're too busy dealing with Necrozma to deal with the Ultra worm hole aftermath. During this time all of the main baddies gather their forces and come up with the ultimate plan to take over this dimension. We finally capture Necrozma and save our dimension from losing its most important light sources, do we get a break? Nope, now it's time to clean up the huge mess that Necrozma left in its wake, and now the ultimate trans-dimensional Army of Evil has completely gathered its forces and already put it's evil plans into motion.

That sounds exhausting for an eleven year old to deal with. My God the Pok?mon world is messed up.

Great for the player, but exhausting for the character.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
What if during the story line Necrozma shoots off a bunch of wormholes, all of the main baddies coming from their separate dimensions travel through the Ultra worm holes, and find themselves on Alola. We're too busy dealing with Necrozma to deal with the Ultra worm hole aftermath. During this time all of the main baddies gather their forces and come up with the ultimate plan to take over this dimension. We finally capture Necrozma and save our dimension from losing its most important light sources, do we get a break? Nope, now it's time to clean up the huge mess that Necrozma left in its wake, and now the ultimate trans-dimensional Army of Evil has completely gathered its forces and already put its evil plans into motion.

With help from Faba if the poster is anything to go by... Knew that guy would be a backstabber, just got the wrong version >_>

Years
I plan to have my own Totem Lilligant. :)
Sadly to say, but you can only get Totem Pokemon as the ones appear in the game only. the Totem sticker is the replacement of Zygarde cell system in SM. as what i read on Japanese site, it says, depending on the number of sticker you've collected, you can befriend with the Totem Pokemon. which exactly the same system of Zygarde cell. plus, there is also version exclusive towards the Totem in which Lurantis for Ultra-Sun and Salazzle for Ultra-Moon.

Years
One of the Japanese trailers in the OP confirmed that Dedenne, Swirlix and Slurpuff will now also be included in the Alola Dex.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years

That would actually be really interesting, and a great way to tie the main Necrozma plot with Rainbow Rocket. Continuing on this, I have a feeling that possibly, after we catch Necrozma, we get word from the Aether Foundation that Lusamine's mansion has been taken over while we were too busy being distracted, and we have to go back there only to discover all the previous villains have made their home there, as well as having done secret research on Necrozma and the extent of its power. At this point, we'll have to go through all the evil team leaders as they voice their original goals and how they may relate to Necrozma. I'm also sorta hoping that we get evil team grunts based on the respective team leaders: for example we might get to fight Magma grunts or Galactic grunts rather than just generic RR grunts.

I'm just hoping that they're actually going to be doing something evil rather than it being "Hey, I'm a reference, fight me!" like GF did with the legendaries in ORAS, because that would ruin all the excitement and hype that is going on right now.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Overall it was a solid trailer, and it makes sense it was the first they announced beforehand (not including the initial USUM announcement, that is). Battle Agency is a welcome addition (or return) and while it is fan pandering with TR and friends, I can't say I'm against it! The remix sounded good and one hopes for other remixes.

Really feels like a "Team B" effort given it harks back to PWT music remixes and battles against past gym leaders/etc, and the good lick of polish. This pleases me.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years

You can start in two weeks from today. xD

That's an interesting thought. I'm quite curious as to how this all pans out... in one of the trailers from yesterday we see the PC and Gladion participating in a double battle in the Aether Foundation, and a few other scenes that happen during that time in SM. It's also pretty quick to catch, but there was also a scene of Lusamine in front of an Ultra Wormhole, and she turns around slowly to face the PC with a crazy look on her face.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Overall it was a solid trailer, and it makes sense it was the first they announced beforehand (not including the initial USUM announcement, that is). Battle Agency is a welcome addition (or return) and while it is fan pandering with TR and friends, I can't say I'm against it! The remix sounded good and one hopes for other remixes.

Really feels like a "Team B" effort given it harks back to PWT music remixes and battles against past gym leaders/etc, and the good lick of polish. This pleases me.

I agree, the remix was AMAZING. They did an awesome job. I hope we get to hear other teams themes' as well

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Sadly to say, but you can only get Totem Pokemon as the ones appear in the game only. the Totem sticker is the replacement of Zygarde cell system in SM. as what i read on Japanese site, it says, depending on the number of sticker you've collected, you can befriend with the Totem Pokemon. which exactly the same system of Zygarde cell. plus, there is also version exclusive towards the Totem in which Lurantis for Ultra-Sun and Salazzle for Ultra-Moon.

I really liked the idea of having a giant Totem Lilligant. :(

The Totem being limited to 7th Gen Pokemon makes sense though.

It is also interesting that the games get the opposite exclusive Totem to the Sun/Moon exclusive Battle Tree Battle. (Kiawe in Sun with Lurantis in Ultra Sun and Mallow in Moon with Salazzle in Ultra Moon.)

Last edited:

VoltYellow

And then Everyone Dies™
Years
I just hope that each of the Team Leaders get their own theme music rather than them all sharing the same with them all being part of Rainbow Rocket. Even better if each theme got an updated remix.
I wish we get a remix version ;)

Totem Stickers, Surfing, New Villains (20 years of villainy hehe), sooooo many legendaries, Battle Agency, A whole new Alola to explore...

Who isn't hyped up eh?

Years
I'm glad the Kanto, Hoenn and Kalos starters are accessible via Island scan but I see no mention of the 7th gen starters man. :/ My dream of owning a Loveball/Moonball HA Popplio seems so distant now. :(

Last edited:

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
First reaction: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Second: Um... can someone go check on Hoenn and Kalos and make sure they're okay...?

Edit: Wait! Is that Guzma helping us out at 1:27 in the Japanese trailer??? It looks like he's holding off some grunts.

Also, on the poster in the article, Guzma appears to be standing alongside the player character along with Wicke.

This new release of information has got me so freakin' hyped for these games now. Went to my local GAME store before work today and pre-ordered both. I've also got the week from the 20th to the 24th Nov booked off so I'll have 9 days of uninterrupted game play time!

Years
I'm glad the Kanto, Hoenn and Kalos starters are accessible via Island scan but I see no mention of the 7th gen starters man. :/ My dream of owning a Loveball/Moonball HA Popplio seems so distant now. :(

Would be interesting if the 7th Gen starters were available the same way.

Interestingly, no mention of the 4th gen ones either. The 2nd and 5th gen ones were available in the original SM too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Wow, it's actually something!

Although it may seem like one large wet dream, I'm actually eager to re-battle all these villains once more and see if time has been kind to their charisma and personalities.

Never expected Giovanni to actually use a Mewtwo. He's definitely going to be a threat like no one ever was.

Years
Wow, it's actually something!

Although it may seem like one large wet dream, I'm actually eager to re-battle all these villains once more and see if time has been kind to their charisma and personalities.

Never expected Giovanni to actually use a Mewtwo. He's definitely going to be a threat like no one ever was.

Wonder if Archie and Maxie will have Kyogre and Groudon... as well as their Megas! Those two might end up being harder than Giovanni if they end up having the Primals (the Primals were their original forms after all, but weren't known about in the original RSE as they used the wrong orb xD)!

PS: It'll be hilarious if the villains got access to Z-moves too... Imagine them doing those goofy dances xD
Archie and Maxie with Primals, Megas, and Z-moves would really be something...

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Wonder if Archie and Maxie will have Kyogre and Groudon... as well as their Megas! Those two might end up being harder than Giovanni if they end up having the Primals (the Primals were their original forms after all, but weren't known about in the original RSE as they used the wrong orb xD)!

PS: It'll be hilarious if the villains got access to Z-moves too... Imagine them doing those goofy dances xD
Archie and Maxie with Primals, Megas, and Z-moves would really be something...
But maxie/archie dont have their mega items

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Using both Megas and Z-moves had crossed my mind as well; we know for sure that Big Cheese and Lysandre will be using Mewtwo X/Y and Gyarados respectively. Looking in Bulbapedia right now and Cyrus has Houndoom in your last battle with him in Platinum, so Mega Houndoom for Cyrus is a possibility. He does have a Gyarados but Lysandre already has a Mega of it.

Which leaves Ghetsis... I wonder what he would have? Inb4 they announce Mega Hydreigon on November 10th.

Last edited:
Back