• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] New Type Combinations

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Hello everyone! This is a thread that usually pops up that hasn't yet and I figured I'd make one about it.

With the last two generations, we have gotten 13 new type combinations in both Alola and Kalos. And I think in Unova we also got a large amount of new type combinations. So my question is this. Out of all the unused type combination which ones would you like to see?

This list is the combinations that have yet to be used. I am not counting Mega Evolutions or other non permanent form changes. I will probably make another list below it if there are only legends with the combination. Also going to try to avoid putting the same typing twice. I know Prime/Second Stats can sometimes affect a pokemon differently, but these are only combinations.

Combos Not Used (I included Rotom because there were so many for only him)
    Spoiler:

Legend Only Typeings:
    Spoiler:

So if we were to get 13 more combinations, which ones would you want to see in Galar?

I personally would love these as non legends:
    Spoiler:

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    More pure Flying types, please. If Bug-types can get away with not having Normal stuck on them all the time, then so should the birds.

Also, give Zeraora a Mega or Armor or whatever, just get my boy the Electric/Fighting type he deserves.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I'd like to see Dark/Fairy personally because Fairy covers for two of Dark Type's weaknesses in Bug and Fighting(leaving just Fairy that Fairy itself doesn't resist). Although Dark doesn't cover for Fairy Type's two weaknesses, the combination yields two immunities(Psychic and Dragon) and mesh very well together offensively because what Dark isn't good against(Dark and Fighting) is what Fairy happens to dominate. Against Fairy resistant targets, Dark moves at least yield neutral coverage.

Another combination is Fairy/Ground. Offensively... that combo would be scary so long as you avoid what Ground Pokémon fear most in Water, Grass and Ice.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    I'd love to see a Fire/Fairy or Dragon/Fairy pokemon :D

I second dragon/fairy and fire/fairy (still on that possible scorbunny type combo but I'm not holding out on it), but I also want to see a psychic/bug line.

Years
  • I would love to see an Fighting/Ghost-type Pokemon one, it would be an awesome if they had one.

Also, if Zangoose and Seviper happens to have an Mega Evolution, they should add Zangoose as Normal/Fighting type while Seviper should be Poison/Dark-type Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I want a Poison/Electric Pokemon or Ground/Fighting Pokemon

I would also want a Steel/Dragon that
    A - Isn't a legendary
    B - Doesn't fall in Ubers

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • 1. Poison/Rock type. Still not sure how Nihilego gets Rock typing out of all things.
    2. Normal/Ghost type. It's a weird typing that I'm not sure how to execute, maybe something like YinYang talisman pokemon.
    3. Bug/Dragon type. They had their chance with Vibrava and Flygon. What a shame.

There's a lot of Bug typing that were not used, can't believe we didn't have any Bug/Psychic or Bug/Dark so far.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • We need more starter type combinations. Water/Grass seems too common a typing to be used on only the Lotad line.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    Electric and Ice are my favorite types, so I would love to see that combo or atleast new ones for those types.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Sig relevant.

To elaborate:
    The only Grass/Dragon types we have are alternate forms. A mega and an Alolan variant.
    I want an actual Grass/Dragon.

The only Grass/Rocks we have are fossils. All fossil pokemon are Rock type so this basically doesn't count.

The only Grass/Electric we have is a Rotom form. Nowhere near good enough.

Now, the only Grass combo we're truly missing is Grass/Fire, which has tremendous potential to be awesome so gimme.

And as a bonus I wouldn't mind a couple more Grass/Grounds. We've only got one lonely one of those.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Secondary types that counter the primary types major weaknesses would be nice

Fire/Electric, Water/Ice, Grass/Rock that isn't slow as sin...

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    I want a Steel/Poison type. Also I'd like a non-legendary Dragon/Steel and Dragon/Ghost.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Would love a Dark/Fairy and Fire/Electric. Dark/Fairy would be cool but I also think it would have a good amount of weakness , but just imagine a really evil looking Pokemon inspired by a nymph.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • For new typings machups, I would like to see these ones the most.

Bug/Dragon - A Bug Dragon would be great. Make like a few of these, one of them a dragonfly pokemon or just switch yenma's typing to dragon and bug.

Dark/Electric - For this we could pull from a lot of stuff from mythology. Maybe find somewhere about a en electric rodent or beast of some kinda and base it off that.

Dark/Fairy - An evil fairy would be amazing! I can imagine this type matchup being incredibly powerful.

Fire/Grass -Marijuana pokemon anyone? The "burning bush" pokemon? Yes? Ok!

Ghost/Rock - A ghost rock would be amazing. Maybe a haunted object of some kind, or when a ghost possesses the dead body of a rock pokemon that has died or is near death? That would be cool!

Ice/Poison - No idea what something like this would be. Maybe base it off a cold weather beast that is poisonous if anything out there exists? Be really cool, an poisonous ice type.

Back