• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Types?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I like there to be Air-Type, that would be awesome! Because Flying-Types are not exactly Air-Types.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    What exactly is Air type different to Flying?

They both use Wind related moves but only flying uses Bird related moves.
    And Steel somehow sounds better then Metal.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    What exactly is Air type different to Flying?

They both use Wind related moves but only flying uses Bird related moves.
    And Steel somehow sounds better then Metal.
    Well, there could be a Tornado Pokemon, and so on. Flying is bit like Birds. I thought it was Steel, it is only called Metal in TCG...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Ahh.. I understand now
    Air type are Pokemon that can control the wind and weather correct?
    But it should be called "WIND" type instead of "AIR"
    Just my opinion.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Yep, you got it! Though, Wind needs Air to operate, which is why it is Air! XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Lol your correct, All this wind and air stuff is confusing me :classic:

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    XD Yeah, really it is personal preference actually.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Well, there could be a Tornado Pokemon, and so on. Flying is bit like Birds. I thought it was Steel, it is only called Metal in TCG...
    that would be good for driftloon and Driftblim Dragonite will switch type tropious IMO isnt a bird also salemance has the same reason as dragonite

Dragonair will gain wind type (name obvious for it)
    Castform will switch types

this will also change the promblem of Flying/normal types

Rayquazza will be wind type also

Ill think of more later

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I think we have enough types at the moment, GF would really have to shoehorn a new one in if they decided to make one.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I really that they would make new types. New pokemon, yea but not new types.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    havin' a light type would be great it would do really well to counter dark but think they should try to make something to help beat electric would be awsome.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Light-type would make perfect sense to me. I mean, Flash, after all. It even sounds like it would be Light-type.

Though if they ever do make more types, I want something that's weak to Poison. Poison gets the short end of the stick, in my opinion.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Light-type would make perfect sense to me. I mean, Flash, after all. It even sounds like it would be Light-type.

Though if they ever do make more types, I want something that's weak to Poison. Poison gets the short end of the stick, in my opinion.
    get a psycic or ground and you win :D

um Volbeat (my 4th fav pokemon) and illumise can both be light (fireflys) and for the posion counter

ANTIDOTE
    lol that would be weird to have a type antidote

Years
    I think shadow is almost the same thing as Dark or Ghost.
    I think..hm...Light? Cuz it's the opposite of Dark, I'd like to see the feud. xD
    Oh mai, running outta elements. xD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Is shadow a type yet? It should be...
    I don't want anymore new types...
    I think shadow is almost the same thing as Dark or Ghost.
    There's a 'shadow type', so to speak, in the games Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD - although they aren't an official type, really. The way they worked changed from Colo to XD - Colosseum only had one 'Shadow'-type attack in Shadow Rush which had no strengths or weaknesses - neutral against all other types. In XD there were many more moves, and Shadow moves were super effective against any non-shadow Pokemon, and not very effective against shadow Pokemon.

These moves are in some 3rd gen games as placeholders IIRC, btw, but the game crashes when they are used? That's only via hacking though - one must purify Shadow Pokemon in Colo/XD to be able to trade to GBA games, which meant it became normal again and forgot the shadow-type moves.

And as said before - there will most likely be no new types as it is more or less balanced now type-wise (nothing like the problems 1st gen had), and new types would more than likely unsettle it again. And probably cause a revamp of the IVs as well.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    As others have said, Wood is just Grass with a different name. Light? Hmm, no serious objections but a bit limiting with the type of pokemon you could create with them, so overall, no.

As for me, I've come up with two new types, and opposites they are.

Digital and Ancient.

It's been the 21st century for 9 years and we still haven't seen a digital-type pokemon to go with the digital age we live in. It would be great, we could have an airborne virus (Digital/Ghost), a mass of wires (Digital/Electric), a huge beast than transmits information from all over the world (Dragon/Digital). We could upgrade the Porygon family too. It would be great fun.

Super-effective: Ancient, Electric, Steel
    Not very effective: Poison, Psychic
    Resist: Electric
    Weak against: Psychic
    Immune to: Ancient

As for Ancient pokemon, they would encompass all the fossil pokemon and other mons based off ancient beasts eg. Mamoswine. Chuck in a Dinosaur pokemon too (how cool would an Ancient/Dark T-Rex pokemon be? And yes, I remember Tyranitar, but he had lame prevolutions), along with a Sabre-toothed tiger (Steel/Ancient) and a Triceratops with flaming horns (Fire/Ancient).

Super-effective: Dragon, Psychic
    Not very effective: Poison, Fire
    No effect on: Digital
    Resist: Dragon, Fire, Electric, Ice
    Weak to: Poison, Digital

These would add another dimension to the playing field and give some advantages to the severely underpowered Poison-type.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    LOL. I think they should add a italian,english, and chinese type.:P

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Why add new types when there are so many problems with the ones right now. There are way too many water types and not enough of other like dragon, steel, dark, ghost; a lot of types are almost non existent early in the game.

don't forget
    no variety of fire theres no fire pokemon who can stand up to surf pretty much....

Back