• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Yeah, I'm one part sad about the fact that they missed out on the Light Typing for Reshiram, and one part happy that we're finally getting a Fire/Dragon. I don't see it as likely that we'll get any new types this generation. But we can still dream up awesome new types in this thread!

I actually created a ??? type pokémon, though it only exists as ??? in the pokedex. It's based off of the raccoon/tanuki, and changes type based on the day (it uses the DS's internal calendar). It's over in my showcase thread, but I may as well copy-paste it here.

Tanichi/Daycoon (name still a work in Progress) (Pokémon that changes form based on the DS's internal calendar)
    Spoiler:
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

Years
  • It isn't needed, but it would be cool to have. Then we could have 18 types.

Type: Light
    Strong to: Dark, Flying, water, Ghost
    Weak to: Dark, Psychic, Ground
    Resistant: Light, Ghost, Fighting
    Not effective to: Steel, Ice, Bug
    Types immune to it: Grass

This would change around the game quite a bit though:
    -Some Pokemon's types would have to be changed to make up for the lack of light types.
    -Some attack types would have to be changed around.
    -Hidden power will have to be fixed up.
    -Ceartain types like water will gain more weaknesses and pokemon like spiritomb will have a 4X weakness to light attacks.

Adding another type would be very cool and all, but I think that the negative effects of changing the game up might outweigh the the positive side of having it.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    It isn't needed, but it would be cool to have. Then we could have 18 types.

-Some Pokemon's types would have to be changed to make up for the lack of light types.
    -Ceartain types like water will gain more weaknesses and pokemon like spiritomb will have a 4X weakness to light attacks.

Adding another type would be very cool and all, but I think that the negative effects of changing the game up might outweigh the the positive side of having it.

thats where ??? comes in :paranoid:

and i agree, people just don't think.

"DURR DURR BECUZ ITS CO0L L0L"

kay3o

B)
    Years
  • Ohoho

Zekrom is Dragon / Electric and Reshiram is Dragon / Fire

If Reshiram isn't Light type then that's pretty much confirmation that there wont be a light type.

Years
  • if there were a light type, wouldnt it make sense to make the mascot of the brand new games a light type too?

but then again, zekrom isnt a dark type, so i have no idea. :D

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    LOLOL, you guys are so easy to troll. XD It was really obvious he was being sarcastic.

But actually, no, if there was going to be a Light-type it really wouldn't make as much sense to make it the mascot of a game as people are implying. How many Dark- or Steel types have been mascots of a game, eh? If memory serves me correctly, the answer is one, and that was for the current generation.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It isn't needed, but it would be cool to have. Then we could have 18 types.

Some of your match ups don't make any sense. Water would either be resistant or Immune. Water can Refract and Reflect light so it simply passes through or bounces off, similar to Ice. Light Resistant to Fighting? How'd you come up with that? Makes no sense. Weak to Psychic and Ground? Why? I can see a weakness to Dark, but that's it. Ghost would be pushing the envelope, but still. Also Light Immune to Grass? WTF?! Grass would be immune to Light. Grass absorbs light to create energy.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Some of your match ups don't make any sense. Water would either be resistant or Immune. Water can Refract and Reflect light so it simply passes through or bounces off, similar to Ice. Light Resistant to Fighting? How'd you come up with that? Makes no sense. Weak to Psychic and Ground? Why? I can see a weakness to Dark, but that's it. Ghost would be pushing the envelope, but still. Also Light Immune to Grass? WTF?! Grass would be immune to Light. Grass absorbs light to create energy.

you can't punch light, can you? maybe that.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Roflmao geez you guys are oblivious ahahaha Read up on the thread like the rest of us and then post.

Ravecat was arguing how the addition of a new type wasn't happening a while back....lmao trollin' <3

kay3o

B)
    Years
  • Roflmao geez you guys are oblivious ahahaha Read up on the thread like the rest of us and then post.

Ravecat was arguing how the addition of a new type wasn't happening a while back....lmao trollin' <3

shhhhsuhuh u just want raves cuock :|

there will be a lite type i saw screenshots,

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    They should adapt the "???" Type

It doesnt get much its only the type of a move
    Why not make it a pokemon type too :D
    A "???" type pokemon

And they should have a space type too :3

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
  • Dude what the Heck. Stop talking about me in this thread. I never really did anything except say there was a light type. Now all you guys are rubbing it in my face when reshiram goes Fire and I say theres no light type. I dont think theres even a chance at a light type anymore, but Giaru makes me think maybe a Time type? Then you have Dialga...
    Anyone feel free to join me in my suport of a Time type.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Okay we got over the grammar arguments but stop insulting each other. This is a thread asking about new types in a Pokémon game. We're allowing discussion because this is a discussion board but I am very close to either banning all replies that are not blatant "no I do not think there will be a new type" or "yes I think there will be a ___ type" because you guys are not showing me you can handle it maturely.

Seriously, this is a good thread to have but if you can't go a page without flaming each other, it's only going to be closed.

(Same goes for trolling. Yeah, it's ridiculously easy, apparently, but don't do it.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back