• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^No it's not. Anything magnet-related ties in with the electric type.

Magnemite family, manectric...others

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I did read >.> Nosepass -Probopass are noteworthy for this but it doesn't necessarily warrant the inclusion of a magnet type. It's not as cool as it sounds. This is just like your time type....Lulz

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Magnet is closer to steel than electric, imo >>

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I see your point... Probopass is a steel type.

However I was thinking more along the lines of electromagnetism..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I guess I've always viewed magnets as steel because of Magnemite. Though yeah, I can see the connection to electric now.

Probably would be better as a combo of both, though.

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    The fact that Reshiram isn't Light does have bearing, because if they were going to introduce a Light type they would probably consider picking the giant white thing they're using a mascot.
    It's not a be-all-end-all but it does have some bearing.

My point was that Light type would have been a poor choice to use to represent the white half of a yin-yang, which is what Reshiram is.

Years
    I don't think Magnet type would be very good. Unless you can show how it is different from Electric and Steel, which both include magnet-based pokemon and magnet-based moves and abilities, it's really tempting to just ignore the idea. Why do you think it's a good idea?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh, I can also see correlations to ground, too. I'm thinking of aluminium and other metals underground or something now.

Yeaaah very unlikely.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Well, new types, in my opinion are really not the way to go for the new games. I think that the types are one thing that Pokemon games have a really good balance with and changing this, in my opinion, may break that balance and ruin the experience of the games.

...that or I'm probably over speculating and new types are introduced and they positively enhance the way we play Pokemon games.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    I'm always looking forward to when they create more moves that are ??? specific to each type
    much like how curse has a different effect for ghost types,
    i want to see more ??? type moves that have dif effects because of your type

i just thought that would be really cool

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years

Making it a type doesn't make sense because it's not... really an element in any sense of the word. (If you had to make a time type, it'd open the door for a space type since space-time goes hand in hand and then it just wouldn't make sense anymore, imo.) :/ Time-shifting definitely sounds like more of a one-time ability than a whole type to me, too.
    Kind of an old post, sure, but I'm thinking Space like outer space and then there could be some Time and Space dual types which would be cool but ironic.
    And magnet type makes sense.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    I think a light type would be ok, even if it is not necessary, it will not "screw up" the typing, and it will give a good second type to those who need it, also, psychic is based on psychic, not light, fire and electricity are also not based on light, please do not substitute these as "light".
    Although, dark type, is not "dark" in that sense, it is dirty fighting, but, since it is named dark, i guess they could take it as actual darkness now.
    IMO, wood just seems strange, although i have never heard anyone ask for it before.
    One type that we may need though, is wind, because flying is not the same as wind, and wind deserves a type, (although it may be biased as my joint fave element) but anyway, light is not needed, but it would be a nice thing to implement to balance out dragon somehow.

Wind

.Awesome

Awesome.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    Light-type isn't need anymore since we know Reshiram is a Fire/Dragon type =\ So I don't really think we need new types.

Years
    Kind of an old post, sure, but I'm thinking Space like outer space and then there could be some Time and Space dual types which would be cool but ironic.
    And magnet type makes sense.

Why?

ElectricScyther, the reason people keep attacking you on this thread is that you make emphatic statements like this and don't give any reasons to back up what you say. Do you really expect people to listen to you?

Something like: "and magnet type makes sense because Steel type has too many resistances, and magnet would be the perfect type to counterbalance it." Not that I agree with what I just wrote, but adding reasons will make people take you more seriously.

My example: I think Magnet type is a bad idea, because magnets are simply ionized metals, which could easily be covered by an electric/steel dual type pokemon. Example: the Magnemite family.

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
    Well, the Magnet type makes sense because Magnemite and Nosepass are based off magnets.
    Plus, magnet types could replace a Space type in a way because planets have magnetic fields. This could lead to a few types magnet is good and bad aganst like the Flying type, because of the Bermuda triangle kind of thing.
    Magnet could also mess up the Steeltype because it's weak to what, three types. And poison types could screw up the magnets, so we're balancing out the types some.
    Besides, it's a lot better than a Time type because Magnet is good for at least five Pokemon. Time is good for about 2.
    Those are my reasons for a magnet type.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Five and two are both extremely low numbers when we're talking about over almost 500 Pokémon.

Neither of those types are practical or make sense.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    So, because we have somewhat-like magnet-types already, we should add a new type to suit them? I think that steel and (most of the time) electric fit them just fine. o.o
    And poison types could screw up the magnets, so we're balancing out the types some.
    Besides, it's a lot better than a Time type because Magnet is good for at least five Pokemon
    Ehhh, I don't think adding, what, ~1 to 2% of the entire pokedex balances things out. For the type consideration, five (or around that) is pretty low number at this point in the massive pokedex, ghost (our smallest type) has 18.

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
    First thing: I listed a couple of reasons for a magnet type. (what its good/bad against.) Besides, Nintendo didnt retype every single pokemon in the book when they created Steel and Dark types. They dont have to retype very many pokemon here either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back