• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I like to use pig latin, i like punk and post hardcore music so i will quote them sometimes, and i like rom hacks so i joined this forum because of the many ones posted on here.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I like to use pig latin, i like punk and post hardcore music so i will quote them sometimes, and i like rom hacks so i joined this forum because of the many ones posted on here.

Haha those seem like really cool interests :3 ROM Hacks, huh? Then to our Hacks Studio you should go! We've got lots of amazing hacks made by our very own members, so I'm sure you'll have lots of choices to choose from. Enjoy!

Years
  • My name is Aurora. Because my mom is awesome at naming, my full name mean 'Willful Angel of the First Light'

I'm interested when people are passionate about something, I hate it and run away when my friends or family fights, I love all art, I love pranking and practical jokes, I usually stay away from new people until I hear what they have to say and who they are, because I forget words and names and sometimes even how to talk straight from something in my past, so I come off as quiet until one day I become a chatterbox.

I don't like being misunderstood, I am often blunt and even my mom calls me 'to intense'. I hate listening to people talk about something they don't like.

Every single grown man (mostly relatives) I have ever talked too, looked at me in bewilderment and called me 'very smart/bright'. I think that's hilarious.

I love pokemon, the strategies and the stories. I love Ash, Red and Satoshi. I don't mind chores or helping people, but I usually don't volunteer and stay silent. For some reason, I almost never cry, even when everyone around me is upset, or I just lost someone in one way or another..

I become a chatterbox online because I know I am unlikely to meet people from most sites in real life, so it eliminates some fear of judgement. I am blunt and often TOO honest XD...

I want more attachment, responsibility and just scheduling to ground me, as I usually feel best when I have lots of purpose.

Maybe I can make friends, and help people make their games and talk like a nerd here. I want to have fun.

I have a burning question... Are you still working on a new slogan? :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm still pretty much new here - Hi! - and I have a burning question ~

Are you still working on a better slogan? And is there a competition or something? :D that would be so cool to have your slogan idea on it for a week or something.

Apparently that really is PC's slogan, I'm not joking. But hey there AuroraDragon and welcome!

Well aside from all that, what brings you here to PC? Is there any specific part of the community that catches your eye? Or do you just want to explore everywhere? Maybe also tell us what your fave Pokemon, characters and generations are? It never hurts to get to know fellow members so do tell us as much about yourself as you can.

Enjoy your time with us here and if you need help contact any of our friendly staff members!

- Hikamaru

Years
  • Apparently that really is PC's slogan, I'm not joking. But hey there AuroraDragon and welcome!

Well aside from all that, what brings you here to PC? Is there any specific part of the community that catches your eye? Or do you just want to explore everywhere? Maybe also tell us what your fave Pokemon, characters and generations are? It never hurts to get to know fellow members so do tell us as much about yourself as you can.

Enjoy your time with us here and if you need help contact any of our friendly staff members!

- Hikamaru

I just edited my post to introduce myself better, but I want to answer your questions.

I came because a reference from a friend in Pokemon Showdown. I'm interested in Hack Spriting, As soon as I figure out how to start and the details. ( I am a vector artist, and have one of my favorite pieces of a red panda on my profile if you want an idea of what I can do)

My favorite pokemon changes a lot, but I love Gen 1 and 3, and I like Victini (every smiley looks like > : ) ) and Liepard, because he's responsible for my best prank EVER in introducing Prankster Swaggerplay (swagger confuses and boosts target's attack sharply, then use Foul Play to use opponants attack against it. Prankster let's you use stat moves first - if you do this with a focus sash, you can take out huge threats with a sacrifice.) to pokemon showdown - which is now banned all the way to Ubers! I am so proud, and my brother thinks I'm crazy for being so.

I like reading, and when I get bored or have no books available, I read fanficton. (one of the best read out or online, is Game Of Champions by L. Lamora. BEAUTIFUL and scary! loyal to the gen 1 story as well.)

Synerjee

Years
  • hello babies i am here now :*

Heya ValientHero, welcomee! How are you doing? Hope all is well! c:
    Mind telling us more about yourself and what you're interested in? We'd love to help you get adjusted to this place. We have so many things in store for you, but it'll help tremendously if you could narrow it down for us. Also don't forget to make some new friends! With friends, your experience here will be all the more exciting. If you have any questions, our friendly staff with the bold coloured usernames will be more than happy to help. Enjoy! :D

I'm still pretty much new here - Hi! - and I have a burning question ~

Are you still working on a better slogan? And is there a competition or something? :D that would be so cool to have your slogan idea on it for a week or something.

Hi AuroraDragon! How are you liking this place so far? :D

Well, that is our slogan as far as I can tell. It's been around for a long time and I'm pretty sure it's not going to change haha. You could always suggest a competition to Higher Staff if you so wish.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    Heya ValientHero, welcomee! How are you doing? Hope all is well! c:
    Mind telling us more about yourself and what you're interested in? We'd love to help you get adjusted to this place. We have so many things in store for you, but it'll help tremendously if you could narrow it down for us. Also don't forget to make some new friends! With friends, your experience here will be all the more exciting. If you have any questions, our friendly staff with the bold coloured usernames will be more than happy to help. Enjoy! :D

Ahaha, thanks!

Well, things I usually like to do is that I like to watch anime/read VNs. My favorite anime is Little Busters!, which everyone should watch. I'm a total weeb that doesn't deserve friends :(

Jokes aside, I like to play RPGs and this one game called osu!, soif anyone has stufff like that in common with me just hit me up :) My favorite game series is a 4 way tie between Sonic, Mario, Pokémon and Kirby, but I also like to play Pikmin and Fire Emblem.

I actually know a few people here already, but it'd be nice to make some new friends :D Thanks!

Years
  • Hello! I was wondering where I can post a trade request?

Well hello there! Nice to see you.

If you're interested in trading you'll definitely want to stop by Trade Corner which has subforums for trade shops and quick trades. You'll definitely want to post in those places, just make sure you understand the rules of the section first or contact the resident mod, Keiran. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get whatever Pokemon you're searching for once you get to understand how the section works.

Good luck with your trading plans and I hope to continue seeing you around!

- Hikamaru

Years
  • Figured I would post here as well as making my own welcome thread. Nice to see a nice community so far, can't wait to get to know everyone!

Synerjee

Years
  • Figured I would post here as well as making my own welcome thread. Nice to see a nice community so far, can't wait to get to know everyone!

Hi there, DJLew! Welcome to the community. It's awfully great to meet you! Indeed, PC has loads of amazing people, and these amazing people help make this place into what it is today. I'm sure you'll be able to make lots of new friends here as well as have unforgettable experiences. Why not tell us a little about yourself so that we can get to know you better? It's a good first step to settling down here and getting used to the place. Interests, favourite Pokemon and games, anything! c:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Jokes aside, I like to play RPGs and this one game called osu!, soif anyone has stufff like that in common with me just hit me up :) My favorite game series is a 4 way tie between Sonic, Mario, Pokémon and Kirby, but I also like to play Pikmin and Fire Emblem.

Ah, Mario; I'm a huge fan of that series! Which game is your most favorite? Personally, mine would have to be Sunshine; every time I play it, it just never seems to bore me. Currently, I'm on my fourth run. Would be great if they could create some remake for 3DS someday, or perhaps even a sequel--either could work, and I'm positive that it'd make a lot of fans happy, including myself.

Figured I would post here as well as making my own welcome thread. Nice to see a nice community so far, can't wait to get to know everyone!

It's great to see you here, DJ; welcome to PokéCommunity! How are you enjoying your stay so far? I seriously hope you're liking it; I know I am! In my opinion, PC is one of the greatest forums out there, and will surely be for a long time!

Years
  • I'm really liking it here so far. A ton of nice people and most importantly it's active. I can't tell you how many times I've been on really friendly forums and they're just inactive. Really pleasantly surprised with this. I'm glad I found a place I can share my excitement for getting back into Pokemon. xD Thank you both for the kind welcome on this thread.

@Lena Welcome! I'm pretty new myself, hope you enjoy it here as much as I am because the other members here are extremely pleasant. If you need anything, please let us know!

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I really apologize if this is not the place for this, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to quote someone's post in a reply, and I was wondering if someone could help me out. I know, I know, this is probably really easy, I'm just clearly missing something, haha. Again, I'm sorry if this is not the place for this.

Otherwise: Hi, everyone! I'm also really pleasantly surprised with the community here. I've only been here a few days, but its been fun, and there's so much good information and so many nice people.

Synerjee

Years
  • Hey everyone! I'm Lena! I just started here today and I'm hoping to make some friends. I love Water Pokemon! They are my passion

Water Pokemon are truly amazing! One of my favourite types as well. Powerful and graceful in every way - a must-have for every team. Hello, by the way! Welcome to PC, an amazing forum filled with amazing people who all share the love of Pokemon. I'm certain you'll find lots of friends here as well as your place within the community. If you'd like, you could share more things about yourself so that other members old and new might get to know you better as a possible new friend. Looking forward to seeing you around, Lena! Have an amazing time. I'm positive you will.

I really apologize if this is not the place for this, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to quote someone's post in a reply, and I was wondering if someone could help me out. I know, I know, this is probably really easy, I'm just clearly missing something, haha. Again, I'm sorry if this is not the place for this.

Otherwise: Hi, everyone! I'm also really pleasantly surprised with the community here. I've only been here a few days, but its been fun, and there's so much good information and so many nice people.

Hi there, caller! To quote someone's post, look for the buttons at the bottom right on each post. If you hover over them, you'll be able to see one that says "Reply with Quote". That's the one!

Also, I'm glad to see you're getting adjusted to this place already. This is just the beginning! Keep on sticking around and you'll see that there's always something new to discover.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I really apologize if this is not the place for this, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to quote someone's post in a reply, and I was wondering if someone could help me out. I know, I know, this is probably really easy, I'm just clearly missing something, haha. Again, I'm sorry if this is not the place for this.

Autumn has covered the quote question in her post, but hey there and welcome! Nice to hear you're fitting in with us so far, because PC is a forum that cares about its members and we want to make sure you are having fun! I love the spirit when our newbies have confidence in that they know they are enjoying what we have on offer as a community.

I'll be looking forward to seeing you around Caller! We do hope you have fun here.

- Hikamaru

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2019
    Hello everyone! I've actually come across Pokecommunity a couple of times but I've actually never thought about joining before until now. I don't know why I waited so long, it was a lot of wasted time honestly.

I'm really liking it here so far. A ton of nice people and most importantly it's active. I can't tell you how many times I've been on really friendly forums and they're just inactive. Really pleasantly surprised with this. I'm glad I found a place I can share my excitement for getting back into Pokemon. xD Thank you both for the kind welcome on this thread.

Hey there! How're you liking it here? I'm new here as well, and yes I definitely agree with you! I use to be apart of other pokemon communities as well, for years, and they just died out and it's really unfortunate honestly. But I'm so glad to see such an active, and friendly!, one around still.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back